Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Farce @PaulBarber

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Jnr had committed some random act of stupidity that cost him the Wolves game.
The game in which Propper committed a random act of stupidity, but didn't get grounded.

My boss was not only able to take his son but it allowed him to also take his father and uncle.
They were visiting from home, loved the experience, which then lead to a whole new 'supporters club' in rural Poland, long before Moder joined.

Wouldn't happen now, but hey they're not my seats, season tickets, and I don't make the rules.

I do believe Sir has fallen off the fence :lolol:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I haven't seen any figures nor do I think I have suggested I have. I am one of what appears many (not a majority perhaps but a large enough audience) that find the intorduction of a £20+£20 charge unreasonable and unpaltable. Maybe it does put more money into the coffers of the club but it will also lead to alienating others. It's done precisely that to me (as I did give my ticket to a neighbour for 6/7 games a season as I was away and he looked after my house) but it hasn't done it to you. Fair enough there's no right or wrong here but for sure I don't believe the club are listening simply becasue there's no compelling reason for them to do so ... bad practice imo

Fair enough. We are giving up our season tickets but not because of ticket sharing. If you and others are right though and there are so many fans alienated by spending an extra 20 quid and others who love the club but won’t pay for tickets then I wish you luck in buying a 40 million pound striker. If the club are going to be pilloried for finding new revenue streams then fans will have to accept the ceiling has been reached.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Can someone do a poll on the subject please :D

Why not? What's the question going to be?

"As well as paying for (i) the stadium, (ii) the training ground and (iii) most of the squad, should Tony Bloom also be expected to stump up when a STH wants to repay a favour to a random mate?"

...may be how the owner might choose to look at it.

Last edited:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Why not? What's the question going to be?

"As well as paying for (i) the stadium, (ii) the training ground and (iii) most of the squad, should Tony Bloom also be expected to stump up when a STH wants to repay a favour to a random mate?"

...may be how the owner might choose to look at it.

Nah I was thinking more a Does it work for you Or Not ? under the new scheme
KISS 💋 type of poll
Does it work for you personally ? Regardless of whether you feel the club are right or wrong to implement the scheme

Btw I m going out on a limb here But I think it might work ok for you :D

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I didn't think Drew would answer this

Sorry, not glued to the screen like some.

Not sure I need to comment other than that if we were winning more games at home there would be greater demand and fewer empty seats. If omicron passes as quickly as it arrived then even more of the reticent will go and again fewer seats available.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sorry, not glued to the screen like some.

Not sure I need to comment other than that if we were winning more games at home there would be greater demand and fewer empty seats. If omicron passes as quickly as it arrived then even more of the reticent will go and again fewer seats available.

Another PB answer On top of Covid and Sharing scheme another reason for empty seats.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Fair enough. We are giving up our season tickets but not because of ticket sharing. If you and others are right though and there are so many fans alienated by spending an extra 20 quid and others who love the club but won’t pay for tickets then I wish you luck in buying a 40 million pound striker. If the club are going to be pilloried for finding new revenue streams then fans will have to accept the ceiling has been reached.

I think there are a lot more customers , as opposed fans nowadays
Otherwise Withdean would have sold out more often
Going to football is a habit / addiction
Once that habit is broken they won’t flock back as quick
Especially with the current run of results

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Another PB answer On top of Covid and Sharing scheme another reason for empty seats.

Every time someone gives an answer some on here disagrees with, the disagreeing poster posts something like this!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone still defending this scheme has lost the use of their own eyes. Its as simple as that.

Whereas anyone blaming the scheme has lost the use of what little common sense they may have possessed.
It's as simple as that.

As is customary for NSC the actual answer lies somewhere in the middle.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Whereas anyone blaming the scheme has lost the use of what little common sense they may have possessed.
It's as simple as that.

As is customary for NSC the actual answer lies somewhere in the middle.

I'm sure we will see the support for this scheme out in force on boxing day. Well, those with mates who've got google pay wallets on their burner phones that they are prepared to lend out at any rate.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm sure we will see the support for this scheme out in force on boxing day. Well, those with mates who've got google pay wallets on their burner phones that they are prepared to lend out at any rate.

Yeah cos using an 8pm fixture on Boxing Day, with no public transport that's live on TV, to validate your point, is the very epitome of using common sense.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Yeah cos using an 8pm fixture on Boxing Day, with no public transport that's live on TV, to validate your point, is the very epitome of using common sense.

It will be a low crowd because of the shit KO time, transport etc. It would have been higher under the old arrangement though.

Keep making excuses if you like. It's the worst idea since "pop up Internet ads drive revenue" introduced at the worst possible time. The club get most things right. This isnt one of them.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I am totally against scheme but Boxing Day KO and lack of transport will be biggest reason for empty seats. I could however have filled my mates seats next to me that are not going

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

This post highlights the point that it is not the sharing scheme per se that is the problem but rather the change from physical season tickets to digital ones.

Presumably there was a cost benefit to the club in this change that had nothing to do with preventing the illicit sharing of STs. So much so that the club recognised the knock on effect of preventing sharing and introduced the ticket sharing scheme.

Where I think they have got it wrong is in terms of cost and the insistence of the plus membership rather than just a fan number. I'm hoping these two points will be addressed before the start of next season. IF they are then I think we'll end up with a better method of loaning out our tickets compared to the old system of physically passing on of a plastic card.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here