Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Farce @PaulBarber

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I love the Amex, but you’re being more than a little unfair to the Goldstone. If we had been able to stay there, it would have been considerably upgraded by now. In fact, a Goldstone improved by investment from TB ( not to mention all the money we wouldn’t: have had to shell out to fight public enquiries) might be an impressive place to watch football. A rebuilt full-length West Stand, a huge South Stand taking advantage of the land that became available since we left ... plus more people could walk to it.

Not sure it would have. There were restrictive covenants regarding the height of, I think the north stand, and the footprint was considerably smaller than what we have at Falmer and of course very limited along Goldstone Lane at the South end. The point of my comment was that despite the fact we had some great times there the bricks and mortar were very poor.

And of course, if it had been developed then it wouldn't have been the same Goldstone that people are remembering fondly.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just so long as nobody ever looks at the East Stand

It would have been expensive (but so was building the Amex) but maybe the problem of developing the east stand at the Goldstone could ultimately have been resolved by the club buying up the properties in Goldstone Lane.
Obviously purely hypothetical once Archer sold the ground, of course. But it would have been nice to have the Amex, or something similar, where the old ground was.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure it would have. There were restrictive covenants regarding the height of, I think the north stand, and the footprint was considerably smaller than what we have at Falmer and of course very limited along Goldstone Lane at the South end. The point of my comment was that despite the fact we had some great times there the bricks and mortar were very poor.

And of course, if it had been developed then it wouldn't have been the same Goldstone that people are remembering fondly.

:thumbsup: a restrictive covenant on Goldstone Lane.

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
Got to Mill Road at 5 past 6 tonight, which is normally cutting it fine to get in and we were just in Zone B. Zero queues to get into the ground - and no COVID pass / vaccination checks that I saw. Unless everyone is rocking up late, there's going to be tumbleweed rolling across the pitch...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Barber says in programme today that fans arguing that digital ticketing and “inability to pass on tickets as easily as in the past” was a factor in empty seats this season but “a long way” from being the the “main reason” v Wolves for example. The sharing scheme and the other ticketing policies , like any new policies , are “being looked at” and they’re looking at how they could be improved “for next season”. Digital ticketing is “here to stay” he says.

51c50a43c7f0eff153e1526f72b5d4e1.jpg

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Barber says in programme today that fans arguing that digital ticketing and “inability to pass on tickets as easily as in the past” was a factor in empty seats this season but “a long way” from being the the “main reason” v Wolves for example. The sharing scheme and the other ticketing policies , like any new policies , are “being looked at” and they’re looking at how they could be improved “for next season”. Digital ticketing is “here to stay” he says.

Does that count as we bolloxed up then ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

A much better response from Barber this week than last week.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Everything except “the wrong type of snow”.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Is there an emoji for
There's No one there There's No one there
Pointing in all directions of the compass
Much like the chant of yester year:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here