Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Farce @PaulBarber

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Of course they are taking advantage. They can simply jam a £20+£20 charge on me without any fear of the consequences. It's as overt a nickel and dime rip off as I can imagine. I'm paying for something but getting zero value whatsoever, although you will argue that I get to share a ticket that I would not otherwise be allowed to do.

I do go to the majority of games but do go away in the winter and I give my tickets to my neighbour as a thank you for looking after my house. That'll now cost me another £80 (2 tickets). I am not away this year but am ill right now and unable to attend but can't give my ticket to a helpful neighbour. You can throw as many examples at me as you like but I'm being ripped off.

So after 40 years I'm giving up. I loathe the attitude that says we're going to do something because we can. The sum total of the financial benefit to the club will most certainly be negligable. If we were still at the Goldstone I would happily contribute, pay more or do whatever I could to help the club out.

Bottle tops and flasks ???

I'm checking out of this thread, help yourself to the last word

Why should your neighbour get priority over others that are Albion + members. If he goes to several games each year courtesy of your generosity and he's still not signed up he's not much of a fan.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I was responding to a post by Rugrat which was implying the club don't do anything for the fans, ie exploit a captive audience.

Discounted prices for STH is a favour by the club as is interest free payments which most clubs don't do. If you work it out, having a season ticket means you can probably miss about 6 games before the cost exceeds matchday prices.

Where I probably agree is that the cost to the STH is higher than it should be but even if it were £5 there would be some complaining. What I don't agree is the presumption you can give your ticket to whomever you chose when there are people paying to be Albion + members and who should have first dibs on spare tickets.

Interesting your last sentence is very similar to a justification from PB. However it is not at all relevant now. Plenty of club tickets available for Albion members albeit close to away end every game recently. Therefore many times ticket Exchange not opening at all sometimes and others day before. Therefore they are not even getting opportunity to purchase tickets that people want to pass on

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Interesting your last sentence is very similar to a justification from PB. However it is not at all relevant now. Plenty of club tickets available for Albion members albeit close to away end every game recently. Therefore many times ticket Exchange not opening at all sometimes and others day before. Therefore they are not even getting opportunity to purchase tickets that people want to pass on

Yes but [MENTION=5208]drew[/MENTION] will be happy because there’s no queue jumping going on

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It seemed to work fine before the new plan was implemented

That's the whole reason for the moans in my opinion. There was absolutely nothing wrong with how the ST cards were working, Something that wasn't broken got "fixed". It's no surprise that people see it as a land grab for income or data or both.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why should your neighbour get priority over others that are Albion + members. If he goes to several games each year courtesy of your generosity and he's still not signed up he's not much of a fan.

Albion+ plus fans could get tickets under the oldest system. I should know, I was a member until I got a ST about two years ago. With two bites at the cherry.

1. On open sale.
2. If I missed that by forgetting the date, then later using the exchange.

I never missed out, even getting tickets for Liverpool games after I missed (1).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So what are the figures you have seen that have made you conclude that the ticket sharing scheme needs to be modified ? I am not disagreeing with you but so far the only customer feedback I have seen is multiple threads and contributions by the same posters on NSC.

The unprecedented swathes of empty Amex seats.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's the whole reason for the moans in my opinion. There was absolutely nothing wrong with how the ST cards were working, Something that wasn't broken got "fixed". It's no surprise that people see it as a land grab for income or data or both.

But who was it working for?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Agree with you. The season ticket cards were great. Personally I do not want to use my phone as a means of gaining entry to events (or for that matter paying for stuff) ... far too complicated. The card was simple and straightforward. Couldn't believe it when they suddenly did away with them. Technology for technology's sake. No benefits for the customer.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There's nothing to stop you giving your friend their money back for joining!
It's a faff. I'm not doing it. I prefer "seemless". I don't mind a charge loaded on me.

So the seat stays empty. I no longer care about that. It is what it is.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Agree with you. The season ticket cards were great. Personally I do not want to use my phone as a means of gaining entry to events (or for that matter paying for stuff) ... far too complicated. The card was simple and straightforward. Couldn't believe it when they suddenly did away with them. Technology for technology's sake. No benefits for the customer.

I have got the new version of the ST card, it was easy to apply for and there was no extra cost.
I guess you didn’t know about this last summer.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
The tennant but not the owner.

Pre Covid it was not an issue though was it ?
I fully understand the clubs need to try and recoup £££
BUT is this perhaps Not the best way to go about it
#Together ??? Hmmm
Shortsighted in the long term IMHO
Further down the customers not fans/ supporters road we go :rant:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s a view. No real proof that the two are connected though. At least I haven’t seen it.

Back in August I was very defensive of the club and Amex attendances. When many supporters spoke out about the gaps everywhere, I argued it was down to school holidays with people away.

But as that was repeated in Sept and Oct, with a load of normally positive people on nsc talking about their personal scenarios, I could argue no more.

It’s obvious. The Covid afraid aren’t getting their seats filled. Many families and mates that use to share, sometimes casually at the last minute, aren’t going. My father in law use to be taken to say half a dozen games a season in the NS when his mate’s family member couldn’t go. That’s broken, he’s not seen a 2021/22 game.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Personally I know people who never went to the Goldstone Pissfield or Withdean
But after gaining access via passed on ST s became Albion + members and revisited quite often
Paying full price

My boss and his son being 2 others.
Thanks to me buying them tickets via our S/T's and very occasionally (I can only think of one occasion) passing our tickets over.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
My boss and his son being 2 others.
Thanks to me buying them tickets via our S/T's and very occasionally (I can only think of one occasion) passing our tickets over.

"Your name will also go on the list..."

20161008_fnp501.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"Your name will also go on the list..."

View attachment 143052

Jnr had committed some random act of stupidity that cost him the Wolves game.
The game in which Propper committed a random act of stupidity, but didn't get grounded.

My boss was not only able to take his son but it allowed him to also take his father and uncle.
They were visiting from home, loved the experience, which then lead to a whole new 'supporters club' in rural Poland, long before Moder joined.

Wouldn't happen now, but hey they're not my seats, season tickets, and I don't make the rules.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

I didn't think Drew would answer this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here