Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Farce @PaulBarber

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
But it’s been sold to an individual at a discount on the basis that it isn’t transferable. If you have a train season ticket you can’t just lend it to a mate if you’re not taking the train that day.

It's bollocks really to call it a discount imo

Nobody in their right mind would buy a seasons worth of tickets in advance at full price would they?

For years I got a weekly/monthly bus ticket and it was never promoted as 'discounted' and how lucky I was...I lent it out on numerous occasions (it was just a printed ticket with a crappy bit of card to stick it on) and never felt the need to brand the people I lent it to as freeloaders...

Shirley if you print out a ticket at Brighton station to Victoria then shit your pants and can't go you can hand it to someone behind you (if there are any left behind you) in the queue without fear of getting arrested

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Of course season tickets are discounted AND we don’t even pay for them upfront because of the interest free DD scheme (not forgetting the free/subsidised travel)

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

Shirley if you print out a ticket at Brighton station to Victoria then shit your pants and can't go you can hand it to someone behind you (if there are any left behind you) in the queue without fear of getting arrested

But that's a full price ticket ... not a discounted season ticket with a photo on that you must not pass on to someone else. And if you did there would be fines for doing so if caught!

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Of course season tickets are discounted AND we don’t even pay for them upfront because of the interest free DD scheme (not forgetting the free/subsidised travel)

Free / subsidised travel was part of the green travel plan to get permission to build was it not ?
Which Everyone buying any ticket not just ST holders
benefit from to some extent
Some perhaps more so than others tbf

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But it’s been sold to an individual at a discount on the basis that it isn’t transferable. If you have a train season ticket you can’t just lend it to a mate if you’re not taking the train that day.

True, but if the train company decide to move the time of the train from 3pm on a Saturday to 7:45pm on a Monday you get your money back.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Do you let your customers make up ad hoc terms and conditions that suit their particular circumstances once they have signed a contract?

Of course not, but I do listen to them with an open mind and most certainly will adapt and modify my services based on their feedback. Indeed we (as do many businesses) invest large sums to understand the views of our customers.

We don't have a captive audience though so can't take advantage of our customers and jam stuff on them or they'd go elsewhere. Yes, I know I can **** off and support whoever

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Of course not, but I do listen to them with an open mind and most certainly will adapt and modify my services based on their feedback. Indeed we (as do many businesses) invest large sums to understand the views of our customers.

We don't have a captive audience though so can't take advantage of our customers and jam stuff on them or they'd go elsewhere. Yes, I know I can **** off and support whoever

So what are the figures you have seen that have made you conclude that the ticket sharing scheme needs to be modified ? I am not disagreeing with you but so far the only customer feedback I have seen is multiple threads and contributions by the same posters on NSC.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
True, but if the train company decide to move the time of the train from 3pm on a Saturday to 7:45pm on a Monday you get your money back.

Then I bet the train companies wish they had the same T's & C's as all football clubs.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

You really think the club are taking advantage of you? Next time your at the Amex, take a good look around, at the ground, the view, the concourse inside and out and then close your eyes and try and remember the shithole that was the Goldstone complete with it's pitch side fencing, decaying concrete, closed sections, piss poor catering and pissing up against a brick wall.

So you can't have a bottle top with your drink, pretty much universal at all football grounds and you can't, against the T & Cs, give your ticket to any Tom Dick or Harriet. Can't take a flask with you, again, pretty much every entertainment venue isn't going to allow flasks in.

If you buy a season ticket I assume it's on the assumption the purchaser is intending to go to the majority of games but judging by this thread you'd think otherwise!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Nobody in their right mind would buy a seasons worth of tickets in advance at full price would they?

For years I got a weekly/monthly bus ticket and it was never promoted as 'discounted' and how lucky I was...I lent it out on numerous occasions (it was just a printed ticket with a crappy bit of card to stick it on) and never felt the need to brand the people I lent it to as freeloaders...

What a truly bizarre comment!!!

Your bus ticket might not have been promoted as a discounted price but that doesn't change the fact that if it was cheaper than buying a months worth of single tickets then it was discounted. You do understand that principle don't you?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
You really think the club are taking advantage of you? Next time your at the Amex, take a good look around, at the ground, the view, the concourse inside and out and then close your eyes and try and remember the shithole that was the Goldstone complete with it's pitch side fencing, decaying concrete, closed sections, piss poor catering and pissing up against a brick wall.

So you can't have a bottle top with your drink, pretty much universal at all football grounds and you can't, against the T & Cs, give your ticket to any Tom Dick or Harriet. Can't take a flask with you, again, pretty much every entertainment venue isn't going to allow flasks in.

If you buy a season ticket I assume it's on the assumption the purchaser is intending to go to the majority of games but judging by this thread you'd think otherwise!

Bottle tops and flasks nothing to do with this thread. I don't know why you would think otherwise. Most people on here have no objection to sharing scheme for those that want to share cost with someone or people that can;t commit to going regularly. Go as far as saying perhaps apart from cost it is very good. People on here that object are the ones who are intending to go to all games but if they miss one or two are not willing to pay cost involved to pass ticket on.
Unbelievable people on here are talking as if club are doing supporters a favour by discounting STs.
Many will say I have say I have said enough on subject and as I think club will do something at renewal time I will try and refrain from many more comments. With no longer a waiting list it will be a big gamble by club if they don't
I am trying to keep of this thread because I am sure

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Free / subsidised travel was part of the green travel plan to get permission to build was it not ?
Which Everyone buying any ticket not just ST holders
benefit from to some extent
Some perhaps more so than others tbf
Travel is not free we pay for it in our season ticket and match day tickets

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The only thing I am "moaning" about is the absolute faff of needing to expose a ticket borrower to having to sign up and pay for Albion+.

For my circumstances it would better to load the charge onto me and then a guest can "seemlessly" attend the match.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
There is a definite split within the camp here
Peoples opinions are divided purely by the nature of whether the new scheme works for them Or Not on a personal level
Whether it was officially permitted previously or not
It seemed to work fine before the new plan was implemented
Having something effectively removed and then be expected to pay for it
Will be seen as a £££ grab for sure
It’s all very well committing to a ST but with the fixture pinball TV companies create it can effect peoples availability to attend
Where as previously it was quite easy to pass on a ST sometimes for nothing or perhaps at cost price That option is now more expensive
Not everyone can afford to swallow the lost costs
Time will tell come renewal time
As stated by others it’s the longer term picture I think the club are missing
The ease of introducing people to the live football
From more than a few comments I’ve seen it’s helped the fan base grow
The bums on seats / lack of support within the stadium will become obvious sooner rather than later

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

If such an unfortunate event occurred, it would be very insensitive if you were arrested for it.
And in fairness I don't think they'd want you in the back of their patrol car.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
So what are the figures you have seen that have made you conclude that the ticket sharing scheme needs to be modified ? I am not disagreeing with you but so far the only customer feedback I have seen is multiple threads and contributions by the same posters on NSC.

I haven't seen any figures nor do I think I have suggested I have. I am one of what appears many (not a majority perhaps but a large enough audience) that find the intorduction of a £20+£20 charge unreasonable and unpaltable. Maybe it does put more money into the coffers of the club but it will also lead to alienating others. It's done precisely that to me (as I did give my ticket to a neighbour for 6/7 games a season as I was away and he looked after my house) but it hasn't done it to you. Fair enough there's no right or wrong here but for sure I don't believe the club are listening simply becasue there's no compelling reason for them to do so ... bad practice imo

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Bottle tops and flasks nothing to do with this thread. I don't know why you would think otherwise. Most people on here have no objection to sharing scheme for those that want to share cost with someone or people that can;t commit to going regularly. Go as far as saying perhaps apart from cost it is very good. People on here that object are the ones who are intending to go to all games but if they miss one or two are not willing to pay cost involved to pass ticket on.
Unbelievable people on here are talking as if club are doing supporters a favour by discounting STs.
Many will say I have say I have said enough on subject and as I think club will do something at renewal time I will try and refrain from many more comments. With no longer a waiting list it will be a big gamble by club if they don't
I am trying to keep of this thread because I am sure

I was responding to a post by Rugrat which was implying the club don't do anything for the fans, ie exploit a captive audience.

Discounted prices for STH is a favour by the club as is interest free payments which most clubs don't do. If you work it out, having a season ticket means you can probably miss about 6 games before the cost exceeds matchday prices.

Where I probably agree is that the cost to the STH is higher than it should be but even if it were £5 there would be some complaining. What I don't agree is the presumption you can give your ticket to whomever you chose when there are people paying to be Albion + members and who should have first dibs on spare tickets.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Of course they are taking advantage. They can simply jam a £20+£20 charge on me without any fear of the consequences. It's as overt a nickel and dime rip off as I can imagine. I'm paying for something but getting zero value whatsoever, although you will argue that I get to share a ticket that I would not otherwise be allowed to do.

I do go to the majority of games but do go away in the winter and I give my tickets to my neighbour as a thank you for looking after my house. That'll now cost me another £80 (2 tickets). I am not away this year but am ill right now and unable to attend but can't give my ticket to a helpful neighbour. You can throw as many examples at me as you like but I'm being ripped off.

So after 40 years I'm giving up. I loathe the attitude that says we're going to do something because we can. The sum total of the financial benefit to the club will most certainly be negligable. If we were still at the Goldstone I would happily contribute, pay more or do whatever I could to help the club out.

Bottle tops and flasks ???

I'm checking out of this thread, help yourself to the last word

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The only thing I am "moaning" about is the absolute faff of needing to expose a ticket borrower to having to sign up and pay for Albion+.

For my circumstances it would better to load the charge onto me and then a guest can "seemlessly" attend the match.

There's nothing to stop you giving your friend their money back for joining!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here