Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
essbee said:
zefarelly,

what do you propose we do then to show LDC that we are
not prepared to be messed around and toyed with as they are
doing.

I think his point was he was concerned the club were somehow funding this and Lord B has accurately put that to rest.

I think the club are doing as much as they can funding prohibiting - what are you doing?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Quote:

"I honestyl fail to see it will make any difference in the grand scheme of things. it just looks like the club lowering itself to NIMBY levels which can't look good"

Unless by that second sentence you meant financially, in which
case fair enough.

If not, my question "what do you propose we should do"
still stands.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Large One said:
BTW, I saw (though wasn't introduced to) Ben's Grandad there. Jeez, and I thought I was ugly... :eek: :lolol:

Had you wished and made yourself known to me I would have spoken. I asume that you were the 'gentleman' sitting next to me with highly coiffured beard.

I may not agree with everything that the club and its back slappers do but on this particular issue I am prepared to give my full support. I thought that PS came across as very sincere very determined and honest full marks to the man.

My only reservation is that people will see this as a gimmick, which obviously LDC will try to say, and that elections should be fought on more than this one issue so it was very pleasing to hear Paul say that candididates will be selected from people who either live or work in Lewes and therefore have all of issues of Lewes residents to take into account to serve as fully committed councillors not just on the Stadium issue.

Incidentally out of curiosity where does 'The Large One' come from as if I have the right man you are not that large.

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
essbee said:
Quote:

"I honestyl fail to see it will make any difference in the grand scheme of things. it just looks like the club lowering itself to NIMBY levels which can't look good"

Unless by that second sentence you meant financially, in which
case fair enough.

If not, my question "what do you propose we should do"
still stands.

Get over yourself mate, obviously you know what he meant better than he does himself ?? how clever you are...

enough from me - if he can be bothered to answer your judgemental posts he can explain himself later...

and my answer for what its worth is that we both support the club in their endeavours to reach Falmer as much as we possibly and financially can...obviously from the tone of your posts you do far more than we do so you must be one of those superfans who have the right to judge...

Brovian said:
I accept all that and it's fair comment, but the question remains - will people in Lewes REALLY vote for the Seagulls party as the antidote to the Lib-Dems? The issues you've raised are all fine and dandy, but will they appeal to the LDC voters? IMO they're a bit peripheral, what's the S.P.'s position on the incinerator for example? Or the construction of a proper A27?

The bottom line is there is already a party that cares about those issues you've raised and wants Falmer - Vote Labour!
The issue that the Seagulls Party has raised is whether the opinions of local people will ever get listened to by a local council.

That's as valid a point to make about the incinerator as it is about the stadium.

I don't want to pre-judge what Lewes Labour Party might be saying at the next council elections about the proposed Newhaven incinerator. What I do know is that many people in the district are convinced (wrongly, in my view) that the incinerator is being planned solely to serve the needs of the Labour council in Brighton & Hove.

Labour won't win a single seat in Lewes District. Their best performance at the last local elections was to come a very poor second to the Tories in Peacehaven East. In most other wards where Labour stood, they came fourth (behind the Lib Dems, Tories and Greens). In one ward, they came fifth. And in six wards, they didn't even stand.

Titanic said:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Ernest
I must have missed the election of the leader
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you a MEMBER ?

he always IS a member :lolol:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I live in the area controlled by LDC (in Newhaven to be exact) and I'll be voting for the Seagulls Party.

I could not, in good conscience, vote for anyone else when there is a party on the ballot paper with the sole aiming of working to obtain the one thing that the club I love needs more than anything else in the world.

It's that simple in my eyes.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Not a bad piece - see what you mean about the crabby interviewer though.

:clap:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Large One said:
Don't know. Skinny, short dark-haired 'I love me' type reporter.

She did ask the silliest of questions, admittedly that Paul could easily bat away, but every question was loaded as though it was 'this is a gimmick, what a stupid idea' etc...

Just been on the News her name is Colette McBeth

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
The issue that the Seagulls Party has raised is whether the opinions of local people will ever get listened to by a local council.

they did till the late '80s!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The Communications Officer is Roz South.

I wonder if LDC will suddenly rekindle their interest in her now she is a political opponent?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here