Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Party

portlock seagull said:
Must you be a resident to stand in a local election?
If you want to stand as a Councillor you need to be:
At least 21 years old; there is no maximum age limit;
A UK, EU or Commonwealth citizen;
Registered as a voter in the district or have lived or had your principal place of work in the district for at least a year before standing.

You cannot stand if:
you work for the council in question
or you hold a politically restricted post for another organisation
or you are subject of a bankruptcy restrictions order or interim order,
or you have served a prison sentence (including suspended sentences) of three months or more within five years prior to the election,
or you have been disqualified under any legislation relating to corrupt or illegal practices.

Last edited:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Fantastic. Well done all involved, now lets get it to work.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Judging by all the window posters that I saw in Newhaven last week when I was back in civilisation visiting family, the Seagulls Party would clean up standing on a Pro Falmer Anti Incinerator vote issue. The ideal situation is for the Seagulls Party being able to contest seats in all available wards next May and give the existing LibDem councillors on LDC a bloody good hiding.

Caveman said:
Thats exactly what I thought (and mentioned) a few weeks back, but I think Lord B disagrees or should I say agrees with the incinerator?
I support the incinerator as a better alternative to more landfill.

But I accept that most people in Lewes oppose it.

The party that is 'cleaning up' by its anti-incinerator stance is the Lib Dems.

Last edited:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
We are lucky to have some great supporters like all the magnificent people who have set up the Seagull Party.
Mistakes have been made in the past like under-estimating the fanatical anti-stadium attitudes of Baker, Commin, DeVecchi and co and the power of nimbyism in Southern England.

We must all pull together, help finance the Seagull Party and win this war against these small-minded anti-sport snobs.

I suspect that they believe that they are battling to save a beautiful landscape. As most of the Lewes DC mob are incomers to Sussex they have no memory of the unspoilt valley before the two sprawling universities and the dual carriage way were built.
As they hate incinerators I wonder where Commin and DeVecchi propose to dump waste in a landfill.

We must destroy these obnoxious phonies. I will join the Seagull Party and hope that all Albion fans will do the same.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It would be a nice idea if we could deluge the papers with letters again. The rubbish the nimbies are spouting is getting ridiculous. In this weeks Sussex Express Mr Woodruff says that he couldn't understand why we turned down Toad's Hole Valley, after all it has excellent road access and three stations nearby. ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As I've said before, readers of local newspapers in Sussex that weren't born here dont normally have an opinion on something they believe doesn't affect them. Their main concern will be issues affecting their daily commute into London and how much house prices have gone up.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
dougdeep said:
It would be a nice idea if we could deluge the papers with letters again. The rubbish the nimbies are spouting is getting ridiculous. In this weeks Sussex Express Mr Woodruff says that he couldn't understand why we turned down Toad's Hole Valley, after all it has excellent road access and three stations nearby. ???
makes you wonder whether the Swan is selling beer or opium.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just a quick thought that has rushed through my head. I'm sure it is in the constitution, but what will happen to any Seagulls Club funds in the event that the party is disbanded?

I'd feel happier if this was clearly stated before fundraising begins.

sully said:
Just a quick thought that has rushed through my head. I'm sure it is in the constitution, but what will happen to any Seagulls Club funds in the event that the party is disbanded?

I'd feel happier if this was clearly stated before fundraising begins.
Fair point.

From the Seagulls Party Constitution

12. Winding-up
The Party may be wound up only by a vote of at least three-quarters of those present and eligible to
vote at Annual Conference or at an EGM. No subscriptions shall be repaid. Any monies, property or
other assets remaining after the settling of all debts shall be given to a supporters’ organisation,
charity, amateur sports club or other similar body as decided by the Annual Conference or EGM
that wound the Party up.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
hitony said:
It does not matter where you live to join this then ?

Of course not. We are as national as the Lib Dems.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Letter will be sent today, with donation... honest!... and... :bounce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here