Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Bag Murray for 300k

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I recall Martin Perry saying at a Fans Forum that once planning permission had been obtained the club would then be given access to capital from lenders with which to improve the squad.

His answer was in response to a question from the floor as to when we could finally expect to spend some decent money in the transfer window.

Blimey this will stir up a bit of a hornets nest.....

Serious amount of dosh for a lower league player - is he worth it - will he prove himself - has DK gone doolally - what if he doesn't score in his first 3 games - so many questions :jester:

Just looked at the 'dale website and he seems to be the sort of player who a) needs 'wide' service which is an area of concern to us and b) gets booked about every 3 games 'mmmmmm

Good luck to him and up the Albion :albion2::albion2::albion2:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Thing is though he isn't strictly unproven, he's scored on average a goal every other game. Lets face it there isn't a massive difference between promotion pushing Div 3 and mid table Div 2 now is there?

Looking at the league i'd argue Rochdale are mid table l2

edit just seen the no of games they've played

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Holy f***. £300k for a 4th division striker.

*worried*

It's not really pertinent I know,but look what Liverpool have spent on 4th division standard strikers.

This bloke could be the next Bobby Wotsisname.

Hopefully.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Thing is though he isn't strictly unproven, he's scored on average a goal every other game. Lets face it there isn't a massive difference between promotion pushing Div 3 and mid table Div 2 now is there?

Zamora who couldnt get in the Bristol Rovers squad?

Peter Ward signed from Burton Albion?

Gary Hart for a set of kits?

A failed Dean Saunders for a train fare?

Every signing is a risk.

True, I aint saying he's a bad signing (I think he will do well) just seems a alot of money to pay, when we are supposedly skint. I agree that every signing is a risk, and I hope he goes on to do well 4 us but time will tell. Maybe "unproven" was the wrong word to use in this instance.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I am assuming from the fee that he is going to be THREE times better than ZAMORA, and if not HEADS MUST ROLL. :angry:

Jul 20, 2003
oh bugger

just remembered I've got Rochdale to get promoted in an accumulator

gutted

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
interesting signing - £300k is a BIG risk for us to be taking. i only hope he turns out to be a good investment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here