Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Bag Murray for 300k

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Really exciting to see the Albion able to spend that amount of money on a player, they must really be confident in him to take such a risk at this time. I would partner him with Forster, can only help his development. Revell as a sub or used on the right wing?

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
brilliant news about murray. surprised by the fee but he is clearly very highly rated by the club and our scouts and they clearly feel he's worth the fee.

we would not have signed murray unless we could have afforded it and as the club have been trying to sign him for a year - it does point to the fact that they are very sure about his quality.

for all you whingers - please f*ck off or start supporting your club now. we make some good signings and you still whine. i would question whether you actually support albion at some point in your pointless and dull moans. It seems to me that there are far too many people on this board being negative for negatives sake.

of course unless he scores a hatrick and saves a penalty on his debut the whingers will write him off but nothing is going to appease them anyway.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
YOU numpty - it was f***ing obvious you were being sarcastic.

But it IS a big risk - that was my point. No need to mock it, just because you need to get your daily kicks from Withdean Wanderer-bashing :thumbsup:

I've never seen him play, so don't know whether he is any good or not, so I have no idea whether it is a 'big risk'. And because I don't know, I'm not going to comment.

However, being of the delightful little ray of sunshine that you usually are, you couldn't resist putting in the extra 'every silver lining has a cloud' bit about IF he's crap, Wilkins will be under pressure etc... No shit, Sherlock.

Last edited:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
So far good

Murrary 300 grand
Richards loan
Mcphail Free
Thomson 90 grand

so just 2 more to go,flinders and currie???

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
I was a bit skeptical when I saw we had signed Murray for 300k, it's seems an awful lot for a unproven League 2 striker but then I saw this post
Zamora who couldnt get in the Bristol Rovers squad?

Peter Ward signed from Burton Albion?

Gary Hart for a set of kits?

A failed Dean Saunders for a train fare?

Every signing is a risk.
It completely changed how I was thinking, I felt excited and was looking forward to seeing him play but then I see this, brought me right back down again
For every Ward and Zamora there is a Molongo and Turienzo
I still think its fantastic that DK has spent the money on a player, but can't help thinking it could have been spent better, I hope to be proven wrong though.
I also wonder why people are saying this COULD be the end for Wilkins if it goes wrong, I get the feeling it was more the scouting and DK that made the signing.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This is, of course, great news. However...

I've never heard of him before and he could be shit, and clearly the club doesn't know what it's doing. We're so ambitious that we could only got our strikers from somewhere like Rochdale, he's only 24, and hardly any experience at this level, we've spent an absolute fortune on him which the club obviously can't afford and it's taken us a whole year (a year!) to get him. I hope I'm wrong, but seeing as this bloke might be shit, this is not good news. I suspect this is probably going to cost the club a chance to get to the play-offs and will probably cost Dean Wilkins his job, and all because no-one has any idea whether he's any good or not.

Oh dear oh dear

http://www.clubfanzine.com/rochdale/forum.posts.php?id_t=23641#5

:D:D:D:D

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
SO I JUST WASTED MY TIME PRESSING SHIRT EVERY WORD - SAKE!!!

YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY - I'M NOT AS MUCH OF A GEEK AS I THOUGHT I WAS :)

YOU LIE LAURA!!! x

Because you've quoted something! It only works if you have the whole post in capitals! Iknow it makes me a geek having worked this out!

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Only had this season as a reasonable player and many say he is shite,bloody lot of money for a very average striker.This must mean hammond is off as no way would the board finally put there hand in there pocket without money returning.

Very very strange signing???

Weeeelllll, many say he is great. Let us assume that the club aren't going to spend £300k on a whim without having done sh*tloads of scouting, and that they must know more about him then all of us put together.

I think it's bloody exciting :albion2:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Right....I want that effiing pillock, who gave DK so much abuse and called him a liar, on Harty's show next Saturday. And I think he owes Dick a BIG apology.

This has really made my weekend. Fantastic news. Well done to all.

Makes you think actually how much of a tosser Bas's agent and G O'C really are. Forster, Richards, McPhail (who could have played alongside Beckham), Thomson (the captain of a top 6 SPL side) and now Murray liked the interpersonal skills of DK and DW enough to sign for us.

Thank you very much for posting this Buzzer.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
f*** me and I thought I was pessimistic!!! Go NSC'ers!!

Exactly ! :blush:

Seems the're plenty people on here who's glass ain't even got any dregs left in it, let alone it being half empty ! :shrug:

Good on yer DK.

Some people you'll never keep happy though, no matter how much ambition you show.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
One of my mates is a Rochdale fan and he says hes a good player and is much more than a target man, the Dale fans from there website were also quite sad to see a good player go so it looks good

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Read in one of the papers that Currie has said he has no intention of going back to Brighton so we shall just have to wait and see what happens between now and Thursday.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
First point... big credit to the club for doing what they needed to do by signing a striker that should generate new interest amongst the fans... its up to the fans now to turn up in greater numbers...

Second point... the guy says he needs good service from the wings... we are so short in this department that it is embarrassing... the club must sign a winger... left-winger if possible, then play Cox on right where he might actually be tempted to go outside the opposing full-back and put a cross in for Forster and Murray...

Come on Dick, job very nearly done... you've nearly completed the signing of the famous 5...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
No question now that we need a winger and the news that it wont be Currie is ok - how often does it work out second time round? Any other thoughts on who it might be?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here