Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scott McGleish - VERY nearly became an Albion player

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
f*** SAKE.

This is a player who is a PROVEN goalscorer at this level.

I dont care where he comes from. Is there any evidence that Scott Macgleish is a dressing room **** like Leon or is it just that some fans cant remove their head from their arses.

And it WASNT Scott Mcgleish it was his partner at the time Carl Griffiths that made those INFAMOUS gestures.

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Rougvie said:
So if it were a choice of signing an experienced player whose goals could keep us up, or relegation I take it we would rather be relegated ?

*sigh*
Come on Roogers, tow the partyline. :lol:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
The guy scores goals is experienced in this league and form what I've seen is quite strong character in the teams he plays in. He would be a perfect signing in this league and would get a few goals and also bring the young players through. WHo gives a f*** what he did 10 years ago.

Its shocking that we didn't offer him an 18 month deal. If this is true and I have no reason to doubt Rougers.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
And it WASNT Scott Mcgleish it was his partner at the time Carl Griffiths that made those INFAMOUS gestures.

Ahh but NSC said he DID, so it must be true.

I have to say I was there and I missed the whole thing anyway!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think I might just forget about the albion for a few years....then hopefully when the time is up we might be very slightly above shat again.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Utter bollocks.

I remember an interview with McGleish where he said he had been planning to go out in town after playing for another team at Withdean (can't remember who) but didn't because he had been shocked at the abuse he had received last time he went out in Brighton.

No way he would have signed for us.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Mr Banana said:
Utter bollocks.

I remember an interview with McGleish where he said he had been planning to go out in town after playing for another team at Withdean (can't remember who) but didn't because he had been shocked at the abuse he had received last time he went out in Brighton.

:clap2: :clap2:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Mr Banana said:
Utter bollocks.

And everyone in Brighton knows exactly who Scott McGleish is and what he looks like , right ??? :shootself

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Rougvie said:
So if it were a choice of signing an experienced player whose goals could keep us up, or relegation I take it we would rather be relegated ?

*sigh*
And you can guarantee that he would score goals for us?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Everest said:
And you can guarantee that he would score goals for us?

Buit that is the argument that is always trotted out isnt it!

Everyone is a gamble when it comes down to it...the only way you try to marry that with your situation is by looking at his record, and he is aproven goalscorer and has played bloody well against us every time i have seen him play.

on that record alone he would be a welcome addition to our pitifully small and inexperienced squad

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
The Large One said:
You won't be missed. It's not as though you are a supporter now, is it?

But the FACT remains that unless the playing product improves more and more people will not renew their Season Tickets.

Out of the 9 or 10 I went with 3 or so years ago, only two now still have ST's

Its a problem the club have to FACE UP TO.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
But your rant is based on Scott McGleish not joining based on one-sided tittl-tattle you heard from his friend. Are you certain you heard the WHOLE story? For every agent's story, there is a Dick Knight version, and vice-versa.

The wider picture of the need for getting in more experienced players is of course well documented, but you are working on an assumption that what you were told is gospel. Fair enough you reported it, and I daresay there may be some merit in the tale, but that is different from saying that the club were obliged to sign him. I would like to hear Dick Knight's side of the story before I end up blasting him over it. A right to reply is only fair before any judgement is passed.

Perhaps 'Ask The Club' is pertinent at this point.

As for dwayne, his right to criticise the Albion resides on very thin ice.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
f*** SAKE.

This is a player who is a PROVEN goalscorer at this level.

I dont care where he comes from. Is there any evidence that Scott Macgleish is a dressing room **** like Leon or is it just that some fans cant remove their head from their arses.

From my memory Scott McGleish did make gestures also, but it was a long time ago and I would be prepared to forgive and forget. As we need this type of player at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here