Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scott McGleish - VERY nearly became an Albion player

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Ok ok, before anyone asks me for a source I heard this last night from an ex Brentford player who now works for an agent, the same guy who told me about the George Santos story which I broke on here 7 days before anyone else.

Yet again we have let an experienced player slip through the net for the sake of offering him an 18 month deal, there was no question about wages etc.

I'm sure the superfans would not have wanted him, but he is a player who would have been able to use his ability to drag us out of the mess we are in, I for one couldnt give a stuff about his previous if he was banging in goals.

Yet again the board seem unwilling to bring in ANY experienced heads to halt the slide into League 2

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
he wouldnt come because we wouldnt offer him an 18 month deal?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Dave the Gaffer said:
he wouldnt come because we wouldnt offer him an 18 month deal?

That was the information I was given, the club were only prepared to give him till the end of the season.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I would have thrown coins at him if he'd signed for us.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Cue the comments that splashing out on experienced players do not guarantee you survival

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dougal said:
I hate McGleish with a passion. I am not bothered about this .

even if he scored goals to keep us up?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Lokki 7 said:
Good. He is a first class twat and I would not want to see him in my beloved stripes.

:clap2:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
So if it were a choice of signing an experienced player whose goals could keep us up, or relegation I take it we would rather be relegated ?

*sigh*

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He's a twat but a decent player and seems like an honest pro (apart from THAT incident). I'd have taken him.

Rougvie said:
So if it were a choice of signing an experienced player whose goals could keep us up, or relegation I take it we would rather be relegated ?

*sigh*

I want to watch players I SUPPORT. I would struggle to support that twat so yes. Does that make me a superfan? :clap2:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
elwheelio said:
I would have thrown Rougvie at him if he'd signed for us
I would have thrown Leon Knight at him if they'd BOTH signed for us.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Knight and McGleish up front?

GOAL CITY they'd call us.
Of course, that's As long as he could be ars...actually, even I can't be arsed with that spasticated tedium any more.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Rougvie said:

*sigh*

And who said anything about being relegated? We're not going anywhere.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ok, so basically we dont want Leon Knight, who can score goals at this level, but is a shit...and we dont want Scott McLeish who can score goals at this level but is a shit....

instead we will go to the Rymans and sign a guy who has never played in league football when we desparately need someone who is going to give us goals .....( one for the future)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here