Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scariest game you've been to.

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
Well done you teerified a few local old men out for a saturday drink.
What a throwback.Did you venture there that night then.:bla:
As for banging on this thread was about being :eek:
congratulate the blokes that were there for me will you.They were very brave.Twice now you have attacked a pub with no firm in.

And the last time you showed down here was when? And that doesn't include a night out in Kemp Town numpty

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
mine has to be away at millwall sometime in the late eighties, no real probs at the den or the walk back to new cross think we lost 3-0.about 15 of us decide to get off at e croydon on way back, waiting outside a chipshop just down from e croydon station for the pubs to open(6pm for evening trade in those days) we were looking to kick it off with palace,a couple of palace walk up to us to ask if we were millwall my mate and i say brighton now f*** off and get your lads, about 10 mins later a huge mob of palace arrive out of the station we spread out across the road as they come charging towards us as they reach us we hold tight and go into them but numbers told and we get clattered, punches were coming at me from all sides so i backed off my mate got his nose broken and was abit of a mess, finally police arrive and round us up back to the station. Next game was home to palace, so after game we got bus back to brighton station and caught 20 or so outside but we didnt catch them shame we were gunning for them, even with my mate with plasters all over his face,with those numbers on us at e croydon that was 1 of my scariest times at football.Good lads mostly horsham, worthing haywards heath and burgess hill,took a pounding but gave agood account that day.

Millwall away in the playoffs 1991, Birmingham City away in the League Cup early 90's, West Ham away early nineties, Oxford away late 80's and Chesterfield away 2001 all games that I felt intimidated at.
Hereford away for being scared that we would be relegated out of the foot ball league.

Jan 30, 2008
Well done you teerified a few local old men out for a saturday drink.
What a throwback.Did you venture there that night then.:bla:
As for banging on this thread was about being :eek:
congratulate the blokes that were there for me will you.They were very brave.Twice now you have attacked a pub with no firm in.
get the day right :dunce:

Brighton & Hove Albion 3 Tottenham Hotspur 1 - Football League Division Two.

As Spurs fans burst into an already full East Stand..............

An easy train journey from London to Hove meant only a five minute walk to the Goldstone Ground where the young Pieman took his place in a crowd of 32,647. Spurs would have assured promotion if they had won the Second Division match. Brighton were pushing hard for one of the 3 promotion spots but would have stood little chance if they had lost this match. As it was they were worthy winners over a Spurs side, who having figured throughout the season as front-runners with Bolton Wanderers, were now beginning to get jittery.

A Chris Jones goal was the only consolation for the London side in a match that also saw Don McAllister sent off. Brighton pushed Spurs close for the 3rd promotion spot, only missing out on goal differenc
brighton+tkt.jpg

brighton+prog.jpg

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I have 3 memories for different reasons.

Millwall away 1985. Mick Ferguson scored the winner and this was the first time Millwall had been beaten at home for over a season.
Made it back to the train ok and then first stop I think it was forest hill the train got ambushed.
As a less than brave 15 year old I hid down behind the seats and listed to the windows getting smashed.

Then I went to Highbury in 1988 FA Cup 3rd Round with my Millwall supporting cousin to watch Arsenal v Millwall. Millwall took 12,000 supporters although Spurs were away that day and I’m sure several of them went to watch Arsenal suffer.
It was chaos there were Millwall everywhere.
The best I can describe the day was I went to this riot at Highbury and a football match broke out at some time.
For the record Arsenal won 2-nil.

As for 80 minutes of fear, Hereford away 1997, I was sat in the Hereford seats as this was the only tickets we could get, wife’s uncle lives in Shropshire. When Reinalt scored half of the stand stood up and so for the last 10 minutes I felt much braver.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
I have 3 memories for different reasons.

Millwall away 1985. Mick Ferguson scored the winner and this was the first time Millwall had been beaten at home for over a season.
Made it back to the train ok and then first stop I think it was forest hill the train got ambushed.
As a less than brave 15 year old I hid down behind the seats and listed to the windows getting smashed.

Then I went to Highbury in 1988 FA Cup 3rd Round with my Millwall supporting cousin to watch Arsenal v Millwall. Millwall took 12,000 supporters although Spurs were away that day and I’m sure several of them went to watch Arsenal suffer.
It was chaos there were Millwall everywhere.
The best I can describe the day was I went to this riot at Highbury and a football match broke out at some time.
For the record Arsenal won 2-nil.

As for 80 minutes of fear, Hereford away 1997, I was sat in the Hereford seats as this was the only tickets we could get, wife’s uncle lives in Shropshire. When Reinalt scored half of the stand stood up and so for the last 10 minutes I felt much braver.

i went to that Millwall game ..got to be the worst domestic game for me.... but the worst ever has to be Turkey v England 1991... inside and outside the ground and for about three days after the match

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
whats this about nicking Palarse's flag, can anyone elaborate

go on, spill the beans :laugh:

May be corrected here but on way back from I think swindon bha went into a pub and nicked a cpfc flag from a pub frequented by the wank chops that are cpfc:yahoo:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ipswich away, last game of the season circa 1993 ?. Albion got relegated that day afterr losing 3-1...Raphael Meade scored for Brighton i believe.

But there were 3,000 + BHA supporters crammed in the corner and for once, i really did fear for my safety as no one could move....people were pissing up your back because you couldn't get out for a slash...a most unpleasant day.

One of the Pompey away games was a bit of a crush too but i can't recall that too much !!!!

Reading away...lost 0-3 (Elm park), one of the last games of the season was a bit lively with 43 BHA getting arrested. All you could hear walking back to Reading nick whilst i waited for my mate was windows being smashed. Bloody good atmosphere outside Reading nick that evening though whilst we all waited for our mates.

Was that game when they locked a gate behind the away goal to stop us getting out and somebody let off a firework under the police horse and there was pandemodium.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
mine has to be away at millwall sometime in the late eighties, no real probs at the den or the walk back to new cross think we lost 3-0.about 15 of us decide to get off at e croydon on way back, waiting outside a chipshop just down from e croydon station for the pubs to open(6pm for evening trade in those days) we were looking to kick it off with palace,a couple of palace walk up to us to ask if we were millwall my mate and i say brighton now f*** off and get your lads, about 10 mins later a huge mob of palace arrive out of the station we spread out across the road as they come charging towards us as they reach us we hold tight and go into them but numbers told and we get clattered, punches were coming at me from all sides so i backed off my mate got his nose broken and was abit of a mess, finally police arrive and round us up back to the station. Next game was home to palace, so after game we got bus back to brighton station and caught 20 or so outside but we didnt catch them shame we were gunning for them, even with my mate with plasters all over his face,with those numbers on us at e croydon that was 1 of my scariest times at football.Good lads mostly horsham, worthing haywards heath and burgess hill,took a pounding but gave agood account that day.

I read stuff like this and two things go through my mind, firstly that whoever posted it has had an OD on the football factory, secondly...thank goodness I am a responsible adult.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
my most scary game, has to be

Leeds v Bayern Munich - Parc des Princes, Paris in may 75.

I was a 15 year old at the time, and had gone with a mate, caught the boat train over the the day before and witnessed terrible violence all day leading up to the game, and violence throughout. All on the telly, parents were shitting themselves at home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here