Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday- biggest must win game since Hereford???

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
its a big game, yes, but they all are now and they all have been since August 6th 2011. Next Friday is bigger and home to Reading is bigger and so on....

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
I think......its all about context and the timing of the game in any given season.

Hereford......huge...mahoosive bearing in mind the situation if a negative outcome had transpired and there was no games left to turn it round. History will never tell if we would have survived relegation or not. Considering the circumstances....at the time, you would say not.

Saturday and subsequent games are massive in a different way. If the current 'project albion' is to continue on this track.....you would say it is massive.....for the future of the club and the next step in it's history. If we were still in league 1 and in a playoff place......any less significant. ?? Not really. But there is definitely a lot at stake. A chance of promotion needs to be grabbed by both hands.....

Either way.....massive or not.....it's likely to be just as nerve racking.....

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Albion does have a few wronguns, and you have just stood up to be counted among them.

This was possibly one of the most warped perspectives I have ever witnessed on NSC - and Buddha knows there have been a few!

Not you as well, NMH? You might be f***ing weird, scarily so sometimes, but you aren't stupid. At least I didn't think so, anyway. And you usually talk sense when it comes to football, it's everything else that you talk incomprehensible shite about.

Please tell me that you aren't another one who doesn't understand the word 'since', and that you are just disagreeing that this is the biggest game SINCE Hereford? By that, you mean that the play-off final was bigger, for example.

And just to be 100% clear, the OP meant that in his opinion, this is the biggest game from 4th May 1997 to the present day. At no point did he, or anyone else on this entire thread, state that Saturday's game is bigger than the Hereford game.

Is that now PERFECTLY clear? Or do we need to run through it again?

Not you as well, NMH? You might be f***ing weird, scarily so sometimes, but you aren't stupid. At least I didn't think so, anyway. And you usually talk sense when it comes to football, it's everything else that you talk incomprehensible shite about.

Please tell me that you aren't another one who doesn't understand the word 'since', and that you are just disagreeing that this is the biggest game SINCE Hereford? By that, you mean that the play-off final was bigger, for example.

And just to be 100% clear, the OP meant that in his opinion, this is the biggest game from 4th May 1997 to the present day. At no point did he, or anyone else on this entire thread, state that Saturday's game is bigger than the Hereford game.

Is that now PERFECTLY clear? Or do we need to run through it again?

Oh do pull yourself together. Your opinions have recently landed you in embarrassment that you first backpedalled from, and then got bolshy again when you thought the dust had settled.

I know what 'since' means, and SINCE when has it required that you transpose YOUR way of reading something to suggest that I have misread it?
We have half a dozen games, every one is important to the potential playoff status - not least the playoffs themselves.
If I want to even muse without too much deep thought about importance, I'd suggest the time when we barely stayed up from dropping into league two would stand out.
In actual fact, us making the playoffs doesn't have the importance this thread seems to be putting on it. It's 'gravy' to a rather pleasing fact that we are celebrating a re-emergence as a club with stability and its' own stadium - happily in a good league to present our new profile.
'Since' Hereford, there have been several highs and a couple of lows - our LAST match we could have used the 2 points that Lynch's goal cost us, and that would have changed the complexion of this match too, slightly. We might miss the playoffs by a point, and look at that result, or the Leeds equalizer.....and I have NO doubt there will be others before the season is over. To put such a big import on this one match is just wrong. Do you understand the meaning of "wrong"?
Are you so weird and opinionated that you need to point a finger at my opinions to distract anyone from noticing?
It's too late for that I'm afraid sunshine :lolol:

Last edited:

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Oh do pull yourself together. Your opinions have recently landed you in embarrassment that you first backpedalled from, and then got bolshy again when you thought the dust had settled.

I know what 'since' means, and SINCE when has it required that you transpose YOUR way of reading something to suggest that I have misread it?
We have half a dozen games, every one is important to the potential playoff status - not least the playoffs themselves.
If I want to even muse without too much deep thought about importance, I'd suggest the time when we barely stayed up from dropping into league two would stand out.
'Since' Hereford, there have been several highs and a couple of lows - our LAST match we could have used the 2 points that Lynch's goal cost us, and that would have changed the complexion of this match too, slightly. We might miss the playoffs by a point, and look at that result, or the Leeds equalizer.....and I have NO doubt there will be others before the season is over. To put such a big import on this one match is just wrong. Do you understand the meaning of "wrong"?
Are you so weird and opinionated that you need to point a finger at my opinions to distract anyone from noticing?

Yes but my point on the thread (and thanks for the insult by the way- much appreciated) is that because of Forest, because of Leeds this is a match that we have to win to prove that we have the mentality to win big matches like this and more more importantly all of our home matches are tricky and our away form isn't fantastic- win our home games and we make the playoffs. Beat Boro then Reading and Birmingham then become the most important.

If we can make the play offs to get to the premier league then we have completely outdone all expectations- none of us would of thought we would of done it- Gus wouldn't of thought it and certainly a majority of the football world wouldn't.

Win this and we set out stamp for the rest of the play offs. Get in the play offs and we are 3 wins away from playing in the biggest league in Europe and this for me is where it starts.

Hence my thread

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Stockport game under Slade was not a must-win game either. If we had drawn, we would still have stayed up.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yes but my point on the thread (and thanks for the insult by the way- much appreciated) is that because of Forest, because of Leeds this is a match that we have to win to prove that we have the mentality to win big matches like this and more more importantly all of our home matches are tricky and our away form isn't fantastic- win our home games and we make the playoffs. Beat Boro then Reading and Birmingham then become the most important.

If we can make the play offs to get to the premier league then we have completely outdone all expectations- none of us would of thought we would of done it- Gus wouldn't of thought it and certainly a majority of the football world wouldn't.

Win this and we set out stamp for the rest of the play offs. Get in the play offs and we are 3 wins away from playing in the biggest league in Europe and this for me is where it starts.

Hence my thread

I thought we proved we can win big games by beating Southampton 3-0 at the Amex. If you can beat the runaway leaders of the league by some distance, it's reasonable to suggest you have the capacity to beat anyone else.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Not at all, I assume you are referring to the time I said that Gully's girls were fat and shit, and then realised that was unnecessary and unfair, and so I apologised unreservedly. It says more about you if you think that apologising for something that you did wrong is embarrassing. Not quite sure when I am supposed to have got 'bolshy' again, I didn't change my opinion, I haven't changed my opinion, I just apologised because I was overly harsh about it, and putting it in the public domain wasn't the right thing to do.

I'm glad you understand what 'since' means, and that my assessment of you not being stupid was correct. You may have noticed that at no point have I actually agreed with the OP that Saturday's game is the biggest since Hereford, as I'm not sure it is, but it's definitely one of the biggest. They're all huge games from now on. I was just confused as to why various people were going mad saying that Saturday's isn't as big as Hereford, when nobody has suggested that it is.

I do understand the meaning of 'wrong', I am often wrong, and not ashamed to admit it when I am, unlike your good self. As for you calling me weird? I'd love to see the results of a Commander vs NMH weirdness poll. I may be opinionated, and I may sometimes talk shit (don't we all?), but you are generally seen on here as someone who is on the verge of mental illness. I've no idea if you're like that in real life, you probably aren't, but on here you really do come across as a complete fruitloop. No offence meant, of course.

Hence my thread

But as you (and I) outlined, it's not all about this one match....unless you are going to start a thread of this kind for every match to the end of the season.
If anything, the Birmingham match looks like a biggie for us at home, but then the following match away being the last game of the season will adopt the mantle and take on the same importance unless we are sitting comfortably in the playoffs and unassailably so.

Hence my response.
It's outrageous to state that every game has the 'biggest since Hereford' title, so it is for M'boro. And I'm not the only one to have said as much.

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
Not at all, I assume you are referring to the time I said that Gully's girls were fat and shit, and then realised that was unnecessary and unfair, and so I apologised unreservedly. It says more about you if you think that apologising for something that you did wrong is embarrassing. Not quite sure when I am supposed to have got 'bolshy' again, I didn't change my opinion, I haven't changed my opinion, I just apologised because I was overly harsh about it, and putting it in the public domain wasn't the right thing to do.

I'm glad you understand what 'since' means, and that my assessment of you not being stupid was correct. You may have noticed that at no point have I actually agreed with the OP that Saturday's game is the biggest since Hereford, as I'm not sure it is, but it's definitely one of the biggest. They're all huge games from now on. I was just confused as to why various people were going mad saying that Saturday's isn't as big as Hereford, when nobody has suggested that it is.

I do understand the meaning of 'wrong', I am often wrong, and not ashamed to admit it when I am, unlike your good self. As for you calling me weird? I'd love to see the results of a Commander vs NMH weirdness poll. I may be opinionated, and I may sometimes talk shit (don't we all?), but you are generally seen on here as someone who is on the verge of mental illness. I've no idea if you're like that in real life, you probably aren't, but on here you really do come across as a complete fruitloop. No offence meant, of course.

For fucks sake how old are you? Get a life a move on, talk football not Argue football, kin hell we sit together as Brighton fans, let's respect each other as Brighton fans.

If I went with every flow, never 'stuck my head above the parapet' (as Unc S put it) and hid in the safe shade of other people's opinions, then I suppose a plonker like you (no offense) wouldn't have any ammunition. Since I'm not like that, and incidentally I don't give a monkeys if people agree or not, then I am bound to get some idiots who can't abide my opinions as acceptable. Your only real bravado in the world of opinions seems to be trying to pour cold water on others who have interesting ones (aside from myself, you understand).
I don't post on here to join cliques, have mates that I need to maintain agreeable dialog with, or reign in my opinions.
So, I don't care that you find some of my statements out of your world, and as far as I'm concerned you can simply f*** right off (offense).

This.

Oh - and your bullshit jab at Gully's Girls was insulting and uncalled for. Your 'apology' is basically voided by your insistance that your opinion that wasn't even relative to what they do, still stands. This alone makes you a fuckwit, a bit slow between the ears, and a stain on that particular thread that you failed to remove.

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We will never have a game as big as Hereford.
So much to lose with one result, has no comparison to Middlesborough game whatsoever.
Not a lot between the leagues if we did go down,yeah it was massive but in a negative kind of way,I don't see why the gloomy old days should out do the great days.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
So to summerise the thread.

Everyone agrees with me.

Horrraaaayyy

Next weeks thread "West Ham- Biggest game since Hereford??"

See you then xx

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yep. This thread could do with some 'summerising'. Or at least a bit of air and light.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here