Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday- biggest must win game since Hereford???

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The game on Saturday settles nothing about the play-offs. How can it even be a 'must win' game?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
How many more people are going to state that this game isn't bigger than the Hereford game, despite not one single person on the thread suggesting that it is?

Stockport under Slade?

Spot on.... If we hadn't stayed up I believe we would be in a VERY different place right now

Really? I think we'd be walking away with the League 1 title, in front of 15,00 - 18,000 crowds at the Amex. Not that different really, just a year behind.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The game on Saturday settles nothing about the play-offs. How can it even be a 'must win' game?
This is how we talk about football.

When it is really a must win game you say 'it's literally a must win game, ironically'.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think it's close to Hereford, or other matches since in terms of avoiding relegation, or going for promotion.

But personally I do think it's a must-win game to have a real chance of the play-offs. And that makes it massively important.

Maybe some people have got a bit complacent with all the other results having gone for us in the past seven days. That is going to stop soon.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
I never buy into this must win game stuff, as it's always used in the wrong term. 6 pointers at home with 3 or 4 games to go when you need a win to avoid relegation are must wins.

Saturday for me is a must not lose game, even if we do there's no major panic as luckily for us results have gone our way that allows us a little bit of freedom and allows the odd stumble.

People who say it's a must win game are barking up the wrong tree and panicking, granted a lose is going to make things harder for us but it most certainly wouldnt be the end of our push, were 4th for god sake!

I must say now shi*s getting serious, I celebrated Hull's defeat & Ipswich equaliser as if we'd just scored but thats how big it is now.

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
I think so.

Not a chance the Hereford game was massive, so big that if the club lost well dread to think...quite possible we would have been finished so to compare Saturday to the Hereford game is a big no no....we would not be where we are now if we had lost the biggest and most important game in my lifetime whilst supporting the Albion. It's big....but not that big.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I think Saturday is definitely a might win game.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
We will never have a game as big as Hereford.
So much to lose with one result, has no comparison to Middlesborough game whatsoever.

This big time. At Hereford i actually physically felt sick at half time what with the nerves and the very realisation that we we were staring into the abyss.

I also felt slightly less sick when the really annoying twat who kept obstructing some peoples views managed to get Robbie's boots:glare:

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Not a chance the Hereford game was massive, so big that if the club lost well dread to think...quite possible we would have been finished so to compare Saturday to the Hereford game is a big no no....we would not be where we are now if we had lost the biggest and most important game in my lifetime whilst supporting the Albion. It's big....but not that big.

I know the 2 cant compare.....

Which is why I said "Since"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Even though we're 4th I still feel we'll fall short of a play-off place. That said, if we WIN on Saturday then the tipping point will have been reached and I'll feel we're more likely than not to be in the play-offs.

The bookies tend to support this view with Southampton, Reading and West Ham nailed on and Birmingham and Boro both odds-on. We're 6th but by a whisker over Cardiff and Blackpool, with Hull not far behind.

There is added pressure on this match. Win it and you can handle the situation, you're on 40 games an odds-on for top 6 spot. Lose it and the play-off situation could go tits up by Easter Monday.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Id have thought we were going to just miss out.. However with the huge number of points other teams have dropped we should make it...

We have moved from about 7th 4th by winning one losing one and drawing one.... based on the other teams poor runs

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Seriously, what is wrong with you? Do you understand the word 'SINCE'?

How many more times?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Don't be f***ing daft. If we lost to Hereford, we were literally doomed you moron!

And another one. How can you call somebody a moron, when you don't even understand English?

SINCE = since (sns)
adv.
1. From then until now or between then and now: They left town and haven't been here since.
2. Before now; ago: a name long since forgotten.
3. After some point in the past; at a subsequent time: My friend has since married and moved to California.
prep.
1. Continuously from: They have been friends since childhood.
2. Intermittently from: She's been skiing since childhood.
conj.
1. During the period subsequent to the time when: He hasn't been home since he graduated.
2. Continuously from the time when: They have been friends ever since they were in grade school.
3. Inasmuch as; because: Since you're not interested, I won't tell you about it.

It REALLY isn't that hard, you moron.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Don't be f***ing daft. If we lost to Hereford, we were literally doomed you moron!

For fuks sake- can you not read. Where have I compared the two?? Do you know what since means?

It means SINCE i.e all games AFTER

Jesus wept- learn to fukin read

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here