Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Santos Signs!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
A good player to sign.For fucks sake some posters on here moan we sign f*** all.Then when we sign a proven player that Hibs were after they moan.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
He has been our best player in the first 3 games, playing in his natural position of centre back, so it would make no sense to move him, so McGhee will.

He won't if El-Abds injured. Lowe and Santos wont start together. Neither have played enough games too have the fitness.

However if Lynch is better than Mayo and Rents at left back then it would be logical to put Lynch at left back if we have good cover in the middle. It doesn't matter how well an individual is playing, its about the team, and if we're a stronger team with Lynch at left back then we should play him at left back.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I watched Santos play at Crawley for Brentford a couple of weeks ago, playing as a target man.
He looked very mobile, won a lot in the air and laid of some good balls. But this was only against Crawley. The Brentford manager did want to sign him after this game. My view, a better target man than Gifton Williams.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Turkey said:
He won't if El-Abds injured. Lowe and Santos wont start together. Neither have played enough games too have the fitness.

However if Lynch is better than Mayo and Rents at left back then it would be logical to put Lynch at left back if we have good cover in the middle. It doesn't matter how well an individual is playing, its about the team, and if we're a stronger team with Lynch at left back then we should play him at left back.

As long as Mayo doesn't play tomorrow, I'll be happy.

:smokin:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Turkey said:

If you move the best player of the season out of hs postion/side you are asking for trouble.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Kinky Gerbils said:
If you move the best player of the season out of hs postion/side you are asking for trouble.

Ah, but remember that Mark McGhee knows best.

:ohmy:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Looks like Lowe will go now as we have punch up Santos now

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:

That depends whether the loss in central defence makes up for the gain at left back. I would think our other center backs are more than capable at this level. I would like Lynch to stay at center back, don't get me wrong, but sacrifices may have to be made for the good of the team.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Turkey said:
That depends whether the loss in central defence makes up for the gain at left back. I would think our other center backs are more than capable at this level. I would like Lynch to stay at center back, don't get me wrong, but sacrifices may have to be made for the good of the team.

I really fail to see how moving the best player of the season so fair is for the good of the side at all.

I really do see this as a pointless signin and might be just to show the fans they are active in transfer market - I hope I am wrong.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
I really fail to see how moving the best player of the season so fair is for the good of the side at all.

Then you're an idiot darling. :jester:

You want to play your best players. Ideally in their best position, I agree. If Mayo and Rents are not good enough, but we have center backs who are good enough, then it makes sense to play the players that are good enough. So Reid, El-Abd/Lowe/Santos, Lynch rather than Reid, El-Abd/Lynch /Lowe/Santos, Mayo/Rents.

Turkey said:

Pains me to say it, but I agree.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Turkey said:
Then you're an idiot darling. :jester:

You want to play your best players. Ideally in their best position, I agree. If Mayo and Rents are not good enough, but we have center backs who are good enough, then it makes sense to play the players that are good enough. So Reid, El-Abd/Lowe/Santos, Lynch rather than Reid, El-Abd/Lynch /Lowe/Santos, Mayo/Rents.

Im the Idiot? Im not the one that wants to move the best player from is postion.

El abd/ Lowe/ Santos could fill in yes, but that would weaken the hert of the defence, Plus Lynch is half the player at LB

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:

Because he is versatile and has pace, not ideal but totally understandable if Kerry is going to get skinned all afternoon. A new LB would be perfect and perhaps Rents is the best alternative but certainly not at Forest for his 1st game unless he is very special.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm pleased with thye signing.Can't beat experience.Remember when we signed Simon Morgan?Our defence was rock.How old was he anyone when we signed him?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Im the Idiot? Im not the one that wants to move the best player from is postion.

El abd/ Lowe/ Santos could fill in yes, but that would weaken the hert of the defence, Plus Lynch is half the player at LB

I'm only calling you an idiot so that we can have a bitch fight in the event. :jester:

Fair enough, you've now explained that you think we're stronger with Lynch and Mayo/Rents than Lynch and Lowe/Santos. I think its certainly worthy of debate and consideration, rather than an easy McGhee dig. We'll just have to agree to differ. :)

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Lynch is the best centreback though, the paciest, the best reader of the game and the best footballer. He's a better left back than Mayo, but moving him there would significantly weaken our central defence.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Turkey said:
I'm only calling you an idiot so that we can have a bitch fight in the event. :jester:

Fair enough, you've now explained that you think we're stronger with Lynch and Mayo/Rents than Lynch and Lowe/Santos. I think its certainly worthy of debate and consideration, rather than an easy McGhee dig. We'll just have to agree to differ. :)

I have not been in there for months, saying that I have not seen that retard you call a brother recently.

I think I may have to go there soon

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
El-Abd right back
Santos center
Hinsh center
Lynch left back

That to me looks bloody soild

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here