Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Santos Signs!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Apart from maybe Lynch, we are very poor at heading. If that is one of his strengths then hopefully he will be a useful addition.

Without Butters and McShane our heading is pretty average!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Gritt23 said:
Take out the injured, Butters, and Hinsh.
Lowe is only here for 2 more weeks,
Elphick is completely untried
That leaves just Lynch and El-Abd .... oh and El-Abd is a doubt for Saturday.

I think it's fairly clear why we have signed a centre-half isn't?

dont patronise me liitle boy

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Pavilionaire said:
The scary part for me is that we've already got Lowe but we've bought in another centre back, and a 1 year deal to boot. Does this mean Lynch is off?
I believe things are heading in that direction.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
From what I've heard (from the same individual who broke the news to me TWO weeks before anyone else) he has been VERY impressive in training.

I'd rather belive that, than all the bollocks on here thank you.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Rougvie said:
From what I've heard (from the same individual who broke the news to me TWO weeks before anyone else) he has been VERY impressive in training.

I'd rather belive that, than all the bollocks on here thank you.

Ahem, not all of it's been bollocks:

So he did play for Grimsby. If he's the guy I'm thinking of (and he probably is) I thought he was actually pretty good. A beast of a player who will be brought on with two minutes left of the game against swansea for the sole purpose of kicking leon knight over the channel.:clap2:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
brightonfan_86 said:
What a great signing............. :nono:

Well Sol Campbell took the wrong turn on the A27 and ended up in Portsmouth.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Brentford and Hibs both offered him deals, so can three managers of professional football clubs all be less informed and perspicacious than the esteemed correspondents on here?

He's only signed for one year - every possibility that they know he can't do a job at Championship level, but we're not at Championship level, are we? He may have been signed with the specific intention of only doing a job for this season at this level.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
What the f*** pleases the typical Albion fan these days?

Tittle tattle off other clubs message boards from similar like minded keyboard warriors that rarely can motivate themselves to go to a game because they are too busy downloading the latest geekery?

Both players and management seem to feel that Santos will be a decent aquasition for the club, until we are proved otherwise lets get behing ANY player thats wearing the stripes.

It all seems de ja vu of the Guy Butters situation, then again, most of the plebs on here cant remember that far back.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Herne Hill Seagull said:
Brentford and Hibs both offered him deals, so can three managers of professional football clubs all be less informed and perspicacious than the esteemed correspondents on here?

He's only signed for one year - every possibility that they know he can't do a job at Championship level, but we're not at Championship level, are we? He may have been signed with the specific intention of only doing a job for this season at this level.
Exactly.
I'm not totally convinced about Santos, but I'm not throwing up my arms and flouncing out of the room just yet at this signing.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
Back injuries can be very complicated things - we saw that with Dodd last season. Hinsh is going to be out for a while yet in rehabilitation and getting match fitness back. Meanwhile, I hope people have noticed that the season has started and we need battle-hardened players - and beggars can't be choosers. Let's judge Santos on his performances.

LI, official spokes person and authority on Brighton and Hove Albion and football in general.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Les Biehn said:
LI, official spokes person and authority on Brighton and Hove Albion and football in general.

and medical conditions seemly

I didnt realise back conditions were serious. Thats must be why I have been having physio for a while.....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rougvie said:
?

Both players and management seem to feel that Santos will be a decent aquasition for the club, .

Good enough for me :clap2: unless, of course , you are making this up to support your argument :D

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Dies Irae said:
and medical conditions seemly

I didnt realise back conditions were serious. Thats must be why I have been having physio for a while.....

Apparently there are these things called tactics he keeps talking about. Mind you, fair do's I am learning a lot.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Icy Gull said:
Good enough for me :clap2: unless, of course , you are making this up to support your argument :D

I'm not:)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Les Biehn said:
Apparently there are these things called tactics he keeps talking about. Mind you, fair do's I am learning a lot.

me too. He is great

:p :p :p :p

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dies Irae said:

I didnt realise back conditions were serious.

They're not always though are they? Easiest route to a long term sicky for quite a few thousand people apparently.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Dies Irae said:
me too. He is great

:p :p :p :p

Apparently there is a man called a centre fielder who is the best player on the team. He waits til the ball has bounced past him or the play has already gone through the midfield and then he attempts a last ditch tackle winning a small percentage of them. Now to everyone else this may sound like poor play but Steven has reliably informed me this is very good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here