Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Santos Signs!

the Realist

Feb 5, 2006
Pavilionaire said:
The scary part for me is that we've already got Lowe but we've bought in another centre back, and a 1 year deal to boot. Does this mean Lynch is off?
yup -- off to left-back

Kerry Mayo :wave:

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
Rougvie said:
What the f*** pleases the typical Albion fan these days?

Tittle tattle off other clubs message boards from similar like minded keyboard warriors that rarely can motivate themselves to go to a game because they are too busy downloading the latest geekery?

Both players and management seem to feel that Santos will be a decent aquasition for the club, until we are proved otherwise lets get behing ANY player thats wearing the stripes.

It all seems de ja vu of the Guy Butters situation, then again, most of the plebs on here cant remember that far back.

TOP ranting: angry and dismissive at the same time; spot-on, as well. Nice one, Rougvie, I like your style.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
Waste of Lynch's talents though.

True but worth it whilst the search goes on and a dramatic improvement on who's there at the moment on the last couple of seasons form. Haven't been this year so can't comment on Kerry's current form

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Eh?

I would think Lynch is the one centre back whose place currently is not under threat. He is left footed, the other left footed centre back is injured and more importantly he is playing rather well, so why move him out of that position.

However it is exactly what McGhee will do.

It was more in response to the fact that you are saying it partly to wind me up.

He has been playing very well there but needs must. Would have prefered to have got in a LB though.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
True but worth it whilst the search goes on and a dramatic improvement on who's there at the moment on the last couple of seasons form. Haven't been this year so can't comment on Kerry's current form

There is still the option of using Rents at left back.

Also Mayo has had one stinker, but in the other 2 games he has looked OKish and as a rule he gets better if he gets a run in the team, which he has not had for about 3 seasons.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
It was more in response to the fact that you are saying it partly to wind me up.

He has been playing very well there but needs must. Would have prefered to have got in a LB though.

I think you are getting a bit sensitive there (too long on NSC has that effect).

I do not see the logic of moving our best performer out of position, although it is what McGhee will do.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Rougvie said:
What the f*** pleases the typical Albion fan these days?

Tittle tattle off other clubs message boards from similar like minded keyboard warriors that rarely can motivate themselves to go to a game because they are too busy downloading the latest geekery?

Both players and management seem to feel that Santos will be a decent aquasition for the club, until we are proved otherwise lets get behing ANY player thats wearing the stripes.

It all seems de ja vu of the Guy Butters situation, then again, most of the plebs on here cant remember that far back.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
I think you are getting a bit sensitive there (too long on NSC has that effect).

I do not see the logic of moving our best performer out of position, although it is what McGhee will do.

To be honest I thought I took it in good jest.

But Unc, it may be essential given that Mayo isn't that good.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Uncle Buck said:

Lynch could be off to the Prem within the month. Lowe wont stay longer if he's not playing. Hinshelwood's injured. Butters is injured.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
He has one stinker in three, granted he has looked iffy in one of the others, but to move Lynch to left back would be a complete waste, so expect McGhee to do it.

A waste in the sense of making our back 4 look more solid? I'm not sure that is a waste. I understand where you are coming from but the solution is to bring a LB in or hope that Rents is up to it.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
A waste in the sense of making our back 4 look more solid? I'm not sure that is a waste. I understand where you are coming from but the solution is to bring a LB in or hope that Rents is up to it.

He has been our best player in the first 3 games, playing in his natural position of centre back, so it would make no sense to move him, so McGhee will.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that the signing of Santos is a good move and he will win most of the headers thus leaving El Abd or Lynch to clean up on the ground as Steve Foster did with both Stevens and Lawrenson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here