Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Allardyce SACKED

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I thought Mike Ashley was by far and away the biggest twat club-owner currently in British football.

I was wrong.

Alert the judges, we have a tie.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Didn't the last Liverpool owners receive a lot of criticism for talking to Jurgen Klinsman while Benitez was in charge?

So, what is the correct procedure:

-Fire a guy then take your time with finding his replacement making sure you get the right one
-Fire the guy and rush into finding a replacement
-Sneak around behind the guy's back, contact possible replacements and generally be sneaky untrustworthy
-Privately think about who you'd like instead, fire the current guy, then go after the guy you want and discover he wants too much money/you have a personality clash/he has no interest in coming in, leaving you in a position where you have to go through either of the top two options anyway. This option is great if you get the man you want, but that isn't always the case (or best option, Bloom wanted Coppell, we then took a few weeks and found Gus)

?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I thought Mike Ashley was by far and away the biggest twat club-owner currently in British football.

I was wrong.

Alert the judges, we have a tie.

I think he currently holds the title alone, due to his unending series of attempts to destroy the club. so far she has only done one thing, and who knows, if Jose pitches up there next week, perhaps she'll be redeemed. Not a promising start though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Roverstalk.com View topic - Rovers new manager
On a Blackburn messageboard:

Re: Rovers new manager
by Gibbon » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:27 am

I had an excellent idea this morning.

I've long been a fan of Gus Poyet through both his playing and managerial careers.

I believe he worked wonders at Leeds while Wise took all the credit, and he's continued that trend at Brighton.
Now, I've mentioned him the past, half seriously, because, while he's a risk he's also a very astute, intelligent and inspiring manager who I firmly believe will be offered a role in the premier league sooner rather than later but may not be quite ready to go it alone on the big stage just yet.

However, the Ince debacle has understandably made us cautious in taking these sorts of risks, but then this morning, the missing jigsaw piece fell into place in my head...

Gus Poyet as manager, Ray Wilkins as assistant.

Both linked together by their time at Chelsea, and Wilkin's would offer the steadying hand that Poyet would need at this level.

I can't honestly think of anyone we could get who would be better for our club.

PISS
OFF
:angry:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It'll be interesting to see what Big Sam does next.

It's likely that the West Ham and / or Wolves jobs could come up, and both are bigger clubs than Bolton / Blackburn. However, there's so much work to be done and you wonder whether he fancies it or whether he'll prefer a change of direction.

10 years ago Allardyce said he planned to walk away from football at age 56 - he's 56 now. He'd be an excellent media pundit but I'd be surprised if he got the England job, especially having been passed over for Steve McLaren 4 years ago when Big Sam's star was in the ascendancy.

You wonder whether Fergie would fancy him as his No. 2. They're great pals and Fergie likes to change assistants - he's already worked with Archie Knox, Brian Kidd, Steve McLaren, Jimmy Ryan, Carlos Quieroz (twice), Walter Smith and Mike Phelan.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
What Liverpool dream of

KwfQ2.gif

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Roverstalk.com View topic - Rovers new manager
On a Blackburn messageboard:

Re: Rovers new manager
by Gibbon » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:27 am

I had an excellent idea this morning.

I've long been a fan of Gus Poyet through both his playing and managerial careers.

I believe he worked wonders at Leeds while Wise took all the credit, and he's continued that trend at Brighton.
Now, I've mentioned him the past, half seriously, because, while he's a risk he's also a very astute, intelligent and inspiring manager who I firmly believe will be offered a role in the premier league sooner rather than later but may not be quite ready to go it alone on the big stage just yet.

However, the Ince debacle has understandably made us cautious in taking these sorts of risks, but then this morning, the missing jigsaw piece fell into place in my head...

Gus Poyet as manager, Ray Wilkins as assistant.

Both linked together by their time at Chelsea, and Wilkin's would offer the steadying hand that Poyet would need at this level.

I can't honestly think of anyone we could get who would be better for our club.

PISS
OFF
:angry:

Didnt get much of a response from many other posters on that forum and someone else says that the owners want a british manager.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The owners said "Our thinking now is that it will be a British manager, but we are open if there is an outstanding candidate, someone who would be really, really good for the club."

So they don't really have any idea what they want. But if the budget for January is £5m, and their target is "top 4 or better", then they'd best get on the phone to Jesus Christ and get him to bring his assistant Gandhi as well.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
", then they'd best get on the phone to Jesus Christ and get him to bring his assistant Gandhi as well.

You know nothing..it would OBVIOUSLY be Gandhi as manager with Jesus Christ as his assistant. Blackburn is an Indian Club :rolleyes:

They had one of the best British managers, and they just sacked him , who are they looking at now then?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The owners said "Our thinking now is that it will be a British manager, but we are open if there is an outstanding candidate, someone who would be really, really good for the club."

So they don't really have any idea what they want. But if the budget for January is £5m, and their target is "top 4 or better", then they'd best get on the phone to Jesus Christ and get him to bring his assistant Gandhi as well.

£5m would have bought you Chris Sutton 15 years ago.

Exactly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
but why Churchill ? ?
Because the owner of Chiurchill is part of the consortium that owns Palace and it is this money from people who are insured by them that has saved Palace from going under. Having said that I, along with many football fans could be classed as hypocrites because how much do we spend in Sports Direct which is owned by Mike Ashley and helps pay for Newcastle Utd and their numerous managers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here