Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Allardyce SACKED

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think the Allardyce sacking is extremely bad news for Avram Grant at West Ham. They're in a relegation fight, and Allardyce is the manager you want for that. And the Sullivan and Gold fools will lap him up. Unfortunately, I think he'd keep them up aswell, so I hope they don't have that thought.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I've mentioned this before but, a couple of years ago, there was a survey of Prem points per pounds spent and Moyes was second behind Wenger. I think Moyes has got plenty of credit in the bank with that sort of record - and Everton have no reputation as a trigger-happy club.

Grant gone by Christmas though...

My theory is that lots of sackings are predictable but, every now and then we get something like Mouriniho's sacking from Chelsea. We have not had a real Big name sacking for a while and I think we are due one soon.Moye's has been there some time with usually good results but, this season is already a write off for them in the Premiership.... it COULD well happen.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My theory is that lots of sackings are predictable but, every now and then we get something like Mouriniho's sacking from Chelsea. We have not had a real Big name sacking for a while and I think we are due one soon.Moye's has been there some time with usually good results but, this season is already a write off for them in the Premiership.... it COULD well happen.

Maybe but Everton aren't a club for knee-jerk reactions. I've been watching football for 45 years and Everton have had just nine managers in that time (although one had a couple of spells), Newcastle have gone through that number in five or six years. If you're looking for a big-name, out-of-blue sacking I'd suggest Ancelotti might be the better bet - or even Mancini.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Maybe but Everton aren't a club for knee-jerk reactions. I've been watching football for 45 years and Everton have had just nine managers in that time (although one had a couple of spells), Newcastle have gone through that number in five or six years. If you're looking for a big-name, out-of-blue sacking I'd suggest Ancelotti might be the better bet - or even Mancini.
valid point, when West Ham played Man City I did think that game could have been the sack for Mancini if the result went against them. Grant, despite everything said by Golds will be offered a "Way Out " pretty soon

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
They are actually talking about this on Talksport. The owners are using Blackburn Rovers as a publicity tool for their own products, to break in to the UK, fair enough.
But they are also talking about Venky opening chicken restaurants across the UK. Now I don't know if they are going to do more damage than good, but Talksport has mention whether other supporters would visit a Venky chicken knowing that they are subsidising Blackburn rovers?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Now I don't know if they are going to do more damage than good, but Talksport has mention whether other supporters would visit a Venky chicken knowing that they are subsidising Blackburn rovers?

Football supporters are a funny bunch like many during the fight to get Falmer I would not buy from Forfars because of Melanie Cutress involvement, similarly Focus and my sons will not take out insurance with Churchill even if their car insurance is cheapest. Then we have The Goldstone sad or not but I will not buy from any firms that are situated on there,l nor even drive past thereuntil after we open Falmer and havea home of our own.

Not sure about Venky chicken as I have neithera like nor dislike for Blackburn any more than any other club up there.

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Football supporters are a funny bunch like many during the fight to get Falmer I would not buy from Forfars because of Melanie Cutress involvement, similarly Focus and my sons will not take out insurance with Churchill even if their car insurance is cheapest. Then we have The Goldstone sad or not but I will not buy from any firms that are situated on there,l nor even drive past thereuntil after we open Falmer and havea home of our own.

Not sure about Venky chicken as I have neithera like nor dislike for Blackburn any more than any other club up there.

Am I being a bad fan here - I understand Forfars and focus, but why Churchill ? Is it because the dog looks like Norman Baker ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
How "big" is he exactly? I always think that sort of description should be reserved for someone 7 ft tall and 25 stone. He's never looked particulaly large on the telly.

I think its because he was known as an "uncompromising" defender in his playing days.

Ian Holloway said when he used to play against him that you knew Allardyce "was there".

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
We could've gone to christmas with no Premier League sackings had it not been for these two clown decisions. Just goes to show how competitive the whole league is now.

Gus to Blackburn :bigwave:

...but we didn't even make it past the first post in this thread without Gus being mentioned :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Venky's chairwoman Anuradha Desai:

"We want good football and Blackburn to be fourth or fifth in the league or even better,' :lolol: Desai told the Lancashire Telegraph. 'The fans should trust us because this is in the best interests of the club. It could now be a couple of months before a new manager is put in place. Right now Steve Kean (coach) will take over while we are looking for someone to take over on a permanent basis. Steve is a hard worker and he is doing a very good job as a coach. We have been studying him and have been very impressed. He works long hours and is talented at his job. He also works well with our very skilful young players and that is important."

"Right now we are going to have a study and put a lot of thought in to who the next manager of Blackburn Rovers will be. We don’t want to make a hasty decision and we are in a good position to take our time because Steve is quite capable."

Genius. Could be a couple of months before they decide who to appoint, by which time the transfer window will be closed, and whoever comes in will be stuck with whatever he's got, and whatever position they're in after Steve Kean has been in charge. They're mid-table now, but only 5 points above the bottom 3. The timing of Sacking Allardyce yesterday with NOTHING lined up to replace him was absolutely idiotic.

As for wanting "top 4 or 5, or better" - what planet are they on ? Have they even the slightest CLUE how much investment would be needed to even be within a sniff of that ? If I was a Blackburn fan, I would be CACKING myself right now, because quite clearly these new owners have not got a f***ing scooby what they are doing.

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Indeed, you might have thought she/they "would have put a lot of thought in to who the next manager will be" before sacking SA.

Agree 4th or 5th, no way on earth with any of that squad. They are mid-table at best, but relegation battle fodder most seasons. Still better than West Ham, but then who isn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here