Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saints Programme - Ground Expansion Plans

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What is the point? We need to start playing attractive football first.

Thanks pork pie, it's fans like you, who can see the big picture and take the long term view, that make the rest of us supporters realise we are so lucky to have you around.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
I'm intrigued as to what that said, it's been a while since I've seen a post removed!

Regarding the stadium and academy plans, it looks fantastic! Might have to move over to East Upper so I can see the rest of the stadium in all its glory!

You don't want to know as it was the most sickening post I've ever read in all my time of reading NSC.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
There ARE transport issues, not the least for those coming from the north and west and attempting to use Mill Road. To be sure of getting in you have to be there about ninety minutes before kick off time, not something everyone can do, particularly for evening games. However, the club continues to ignore comments, requests for consultation etc. another 8000 seats will probably produce a minimum of 2000 more travelling from the same direction - where are they going to go?

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Oh No Saints game near on full house - more fans arriving/departing from/to west - Its not a Saturday game, work in the morning not so many staying on in the bars all rushing out for the transport home

The transport moaners are going to have a field day

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Oh No Saints game near on full house - more fans arriving/departing from/to west - Its not a Saturday game, work in the morning not so many staying on in the bars all rushing out for the transport home

but its a 3pm? i can understand people rushing off after if it was 7:45 KO but i think a bank holiday 3pm will be fine.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

:facepalm:

Don't the majority of home and away fans come through Brighton station in the west anyway?

Its a 3pm kick off on a Bank Holiday Monday - yes its work in the morning, but its a 3pm kick off match finishes at 5pm.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The transports alright but it's not so good you can just lump on another 10k people without any adjustments. I'm sure the club know this though.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Regarding the Training Ground, as far as I know the planning permission hasn't been agreed yet, the council were considering that or housing development on the proposed site. Either way the locals are LIVID as always. Even to the point of 10 of them being on the front page of the Herald a couple of weeks ago declaring "Down with this sort of thing!" and "Careful Now".
Personally I think the residents should jump at the chance of having the training ground and that is without my natural bias.

Presumably the locals would rather have a training ground which will be mostly green space than a housing development, although you never know. Southwick residents objected to plans for wind turbines on the old power station site and ended up with a new (an even uglier) power station instead.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Doesn't matter how often it happens, your stadium needs to be capable of getting people away after a football match, including extra time.

Which it is. I had no problem getting home, by train, after extra time for the Sunderland game. And I live in North West London. So quite what you are on about, I have no idea.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Martin Perry has previously confirmed there would be elevated non-1901 wheelchair spaces in the East so lets hope they remain in the plans.

At a guess from looking at the plans - would say the above facilities are most likely to be at either end of the second tier of the east stand

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Presumably the locals would rather have a training ground which will be mostly green space than a housing development, although you never know. Southwick residents objected to plans for wind turbines on the old power station site and ended up with a new (an even uglier) power station instead.

Adur Council made their feelings known immediately it was announced ... chuffed that their area is going to get a multi £m investment, with a state of the art facility, and jobs.

Win win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here