Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saints Programme - Ground Expansion Plans

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if the season ticket take up next season will accelerate or delay the work commencing on the extra 8000 seats, depending on how many we sell ?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Absolutely brilliant in every respect. What a time to be supporting this club ... I know we've earned this, after so many years of mismanagement, but even so - this is just incredible stuff.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
That said, transport will be a f***ing nightmare with 31000 in there.
Only for those who like to piss and moan about something/anything. Most people have worked out which method suits them best by now and are happy with it, however we will always have the few who think they should be able to travel from door to Amex without queuing at any point, but still expect 30,000 screaming fans inside!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You must be joking! What is so attractive about a load of square passes and NO GOALS OR EVEN SHOTS ON TARGET?

Long term club and stadium plans aren't based on short-term sticky patches in playing style and performance (during a tentative first season in the Championship).

Well done to the club for its strategy and ignoring doom mongers.

On the playing side, I expect there'll be several players gone, and quality new entrants, by August 2012.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
That said, transport will be a f***ing nightmare with 31000 in there.

All this talk of extra park/rides etc. They only need bigger than the current ridiculous 4 carriage trains at Falmer, even if that means extending platform? Around 1 hour before game to 1 hour after put on 8 carriage trains from Brighton to Lewes in both directions.... people can then change at Brighton or Lewes for their destinations

Sep 1, 2010
Looks really good. Long term future looking very good once this is in place. The training ground building looks like a Mercedes car plant

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
f***ing hell that looks simply amazing

Have to keep pinching myself to think not long ago our players were getting changed in portacabins whilst we were sitting in temporary stands on an athletic track.

What a transformation

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Regarding the Training Ground, as far as I know the planning permission hasn't been agreed yet, the council were considering that or housing development on the proposed site. Either way the locals are LIVID as always. Even to the point of 10 of them being on the front page of the Herald a couple of weeks ago declaring "Down with this sort of thing!" and "Careful Now".
Personally I think the residents should jump at the chance of having the training ground and that is without my natural bias.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Really, really exiting plans... thank you AC...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Regarding the Training Ground, as far as I know the planning permission hasn't been agreed yet, the council were considering that or housing development on the proposed site. Either way the locals are LIVID as always. Even to the point of 10 of them being on the front page of the Herald a couple of weeks ago declaring "Down with this sort of thing!" and "Careful Now".
Personally I think the residents should jump at the chance of having the training ground and that is without my natural bias.

People will complain about anything, just because they can.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Got the programme in post today

Has photos of plans for the 8,000 extra seats and also new training ground

Extra east tier and tow south stand corners planned for next summer
Then in Jan 13 the south stand extra hospitaliy will open
Finally summer 2013 sees the two north stand corners filled in

Re training ground this starts work next summer with a view to being finished by end of 2013 - building is shaped like Mercedes logo with three wings - four full size pitches and three quarter size pitches for first team / development squads - with two full size, two three quater size and one half size pitches for academy - a half size indoor pitch for all too

Re extra seats the south east and north east corners ar straight forward seats all round the corners - space for vehicle access in north east corner - second tier on east stand pretty straight forward too

Rear behind south stand sees an extra hospitality tier levered out of the no cladding area - six more boxes will access these seats - there will also be a designated seventh box for bbc/sky use - sold on a match by match basis when tv not using this box

The best bits are the south west and north west corners - as well as seats all round bottom tier - with vehicle access in northe west corner - in both corners the 1901 tier of west stand "wraps around" the corners to go almost to police control box / round to edge of existing south stand - also south west corner has raised seats for last few back rows underneath the new 1901 seats above them

All in all looks very well thought out - and fully epxlains the missing bits in existing south stand structure - in south stand roof void there will be another hospitality longe behind the seven new boxes and seats

Letter writing campaigns required to back up the applications and help the process along to be notified by club to all fans in near future!

By summer of 2013 ground will be up to 30,750 capacity

By end of 2013 we will have a Category Two status academy open - it can be upgraded to Category One status if we so choose at a later date

Martin Perry and the KSS team have come up with some very good plans again - thanks and well done to one and all!

Programme also explains how Greens back tracked on deal previously agreed with both Tory and Labour council groups re car parking issues at old Falmer high school - though now having had back ground explained they seem amenable to a "temporary" solution - no doubt a more permanent arrangement will come down to money and how much etc, despite what was agreed in principle back in 1999!

does it show the team for Southampton!! and the result of todays game!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here