Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saints Programme - Ground Expansion Plans

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm not sure which I find more exciting, more seats in the stadium, or a top notch training facility. I think probably the latter

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The good news about the expansion is when we play Palace they will only get 2,000 tickets as per the minimum requirement according to league rules.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Got the programme in post today

Has photos of plans for the 8,000 extra seats and also new training ground

Extra east tier and tow south stand corners planned for next summer
Then in Jan 13 the south stand extra hospitaliy will open
Finally summer 2013 sees the two north stand corners filled in

Re training ground this starts work next summer with a view to being finished by end of 2013 - building is shaped like Mercedes logo with three wings - four full size pitches and three quarter size pitches for first team / development squads - with two full size, two three quater size and one half size pitches for academy - a half size indoor pitch for all too

Re extra seats the south east and north east corners ar straight forward seats all round the corners - space for vehicle access in north east corner - second tier on east stand pretty straight forward too

Rear behind south stand sees an extra hospitality tier levered out of the no cladding area - six more boxes will access these seats - there will also be a designated seventh box for bbc/sky use - sold on a match by match basis when tv not using this box

The best bits are the south west and north west corners - as well as seats all round bottom tier - with vehicle access in northe west corner - in both corners the 1901 tier of west stand "wraps around" the corners to go almost to police control box / round to edge of existing south stand - also south west corner has raised seats for last few back rows underneath the new 1901 seats above them

All in all looks very well thought out - and fully epxlains the missing bits in existing south stand structure - in south stand roof void there will be another hospitality longe behind the seven new boxes and seats

Letter writing campaigns required to back up the applications and help the process along to be notified by club to all fans in near future!

By summer of 2013 ground will be up to 30,750 capacity

By end of 2013 we will have a Category Two status academy open - it can be upgraded to Category One status if we so choose at a later date

Martin Perry and the KSS team have come up with some very good plans again - thanks and well done to one and all!

Programme also explains how Greens back tracked on deal previously agreed with both Tory and Labour council groups re car parking issues at old Falmer high school - though now having had back ground explained they seem amenable to a "temporary" solution - no doubt a more permanent arrangement will come down to money and how much etc, despite what was agreed in principle back in 1999!

And doing it with OTHER peoples money who they OWED when they went BUST !!!!

Feb 14, 2010
All great and sorry to be impatient but can we have a better team than small clubs like Palace that knock about with gates of 11,000/12,000 please?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That said, transport will be a f***ing nightmare with 31000 in there.

How would you know? With the crap you post it would appear you don't venture outside your bedroom let alone go to a game.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Just got home from a terrible performance at Cov and this has cheered me right up. We knew it was coming but those plans look fantastic. This current dodgy form is only temporary but our glittering 30,750 seater stadium is permanent. Can't wait.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Just got home from a terrible performance at Cov and this has cheered me right up. We knew it was coming but those plans look fantastic. This current dodgy form is only temporary but our glittering 30,750 seater stadium is permanent. Can't wait.

Same here, though I didn't go today (didn't fancy a drive up the M40 after having been to Norfolk a couple of days ago with fairly awful traffic), but these great plans show that the long-term future of the club is secure and that it's going places, even if the on the pitch side isn't too great at present. Does anyone really fancy going to Crawley?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
How would you know? With the crap you post it would appear you don't venture outside your bedroom let alone go to a game.

Hilarious, I could make a thread informing people water is wet and I'd still get all you basketcases coming in telling me I'm a clueless, friendless **** and I don't know anything about anything.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
here are the rest of the pages from the programme article

enjoy!

Attachments

• Page 11.jpg
    Page 11.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 697
  • Page 12.jpg
    Page 12.jpg
    901.9 KB · Views: 606
  • Page 13.jpg
    Page 13.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 624
  • Page 14.jpg
    Page 14.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 621

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
I don't care what any of the moaners think. I am proud our our club, proud of the Amex and proud that the future plans are ALL realistic and taking shape.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
<mod: abusive post removed>

I'm intrigued as to what that said, it's been a while since I've seen a post removed!

Regarding the stadium and academy plans, it looks fantastic! Might have to move over to East Upper so I can see the rest of the stadium in all its glory!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Can't get too excited about any ground expansion. Mainly because of the transport issues, not only getting away from regular games but also the fact that for any evening cup ties with extram time, so much of the crowd would have to leave early to be able to get home - quite a ridiculpus situation. Also, a 1/3 full modern stadium (which Falmer will probably be on occasions in the future) is, as nice as Falmer is, never an appealing atmosphere to watch football.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Can't get too excited about any ground expansion. Mainly because of the transport issues, not only getting away from regular games but also the fact that for any evening cup ties with extram time, so much of the crowd would have to leave early to be able to get home - quite a ridiculpus situation. Also, a 1/3 full modern stadium (which Falmer will probably be on occasions in the future) is, as nice as Falmer is, never an appealing atmosphere to watch football.

The extra time thing was an announcement by the club which created panic.

Also how many extra time and penalty games do we actually get a season.

As for other transport issues. There aren't any. Works brilliantly . Within 40 mins of it finishing there are no train ques. Fantastic

Regarding capacity. Suspect we wont need it but will still look great when finished. Reminds me of when Reading put in application to extend Mad Stad though.

Personally hope it gets granted. Dont have to go to full 30 straight away

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
The extra time thing was an announcement by the club which created panic.

Also how many extra time and penalty games do we actually get a season.

As for other transport issues. There aren't any. Works brilliantly . Within 40 mins of it finishing there are no train ques. Fantastic

Regarding capacity. Suspect we wont need it but will still look great when finished. Reminds me of when Reading put in application to extend Mad Stad though.

Personally hope it gets granted. Dont have to go to full 30 straight away

Doesn't matter how often it happens, your stadium needs to be capable of getting people away after a football match, including extra time. If it happens once every two years that is still far too many. It's a crazy situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here