• Make North stand all safe standing

Votes: 95 53.4%
  • Seats in corners when filled in, with the centre Safe standing

Votes: 55 30.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I'm not ranting at all. I have experienced terraces and most time they were fine but sometimes they were bloody dangerous.

Merely pointing out that we won't be going back to old days of pure terracing IMHO. the world has moved on.

safe%20standing.jpg

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I'm not ranting at all. I have experienced terraces and most time they were fine but sometimes they were bloody dangerous.

Merely pointing out that we won't be going back to old days of pure terracing IMHO. the world has moved on.

safe%20standing.jpg

No one has suggested pure terracing as you put it, Villa are proposing 1 stand this thread has only suggested safe standing terrace for the N stand .All grounds in the Bungesliga have some terracing bar 1.

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
How eeasily it can be installed in existing stands depends on the rake (slope) of the stand and the tread depth of existing steps.

From a brief measurment at The Amex, I think just adding a half setp along each row would do the trick, subject to fixings and load checks, etc.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
:facepalm: 'de-value'
:facepalm:wont look as good for internationals
:facepalm:not reading before they speak
all in all :facepalm:

I can't believe some people have said that, Let's be realistic here how many internationals will be played at the Amex? The odd U21 every couple of years? And look ugly? When people are in it you wont notice I go to the Amex to watch football not the pretty seagulls in the stands.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
How eeasily it can be installed in existing stands depends on the rake (slope) of the stand and the tread depth of existing steps.

From a brief measurment at The Amex, I think just adding a half setp along each row would do the trick, subject to fixings and load checks, etc.

Would they even need to put that half step in?

Surely they could just bolt the rails on in place of the current seating rails, I guess it would mean keeping the capacity the same but it's still better than what we have now and it wouldn't cost much to install.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i do love my seat, would be gutted to see it ripped out, but then love standing for the atmosphere!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
i do love my seat, would be gutted to see it ripped out, but then love standing for the atmosphere!

You could always go and find it when they put it in the seat upper.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Would they even need to put that half step in?

Surely they could just bolt the rails on in place of the current seating rails, I guess it would mean keeping the capacity the same but it's still better than what we have now and it wouldn't cost much to install.

The capacity of the stand would increase by 1.8 %

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
The capacity of the stand would increase by 1.8 %

Doesn't it say that it would increase capacity by a factor of 1.8?

For every 1,000 seats, you would have space for 1,800 in a safe standing environment.

I think

If standing is so f***ing dangerous, then why are terraces allowed AT ALL ??

I know Hillsborough triggered all this off, but surely it was the number of people that forced their way in, rather than the terraces being unsafe, that caused that awful tragedy?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Doesn't it say that it would increase capacity by a factor of 1.8?

For every 1,000 seats, you would have space for 1,800 in a safe standing environment.

I think

If standing is so f***ing dangerous, then why are terraces allowed AT ALL ??

I know Hillsborough triggered all this off, but surely it was the number of people that forced their way in, rather than the terraces being unsafe, that caused that awful tragedy?

And the fences caging the fans in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here