Votes: 95 53.4%
  • Seats in corners when filled in, with the centre Safe standing

Votes: 55 30.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I'm quite happy with the current situaton. Although I stand for the whole game I'm knackered by half time so am glad for a sit down until the second half starts.

If I'm not mistaken safe standing still has seats they just don't have a back, bit similar to Bristol.

Oct 25, 2003
But don't you still get the option to sit with the safe standing stand? thought they still had seats.

i believe the ones with seats attached are for european games/internationals where standing is banned (i think)......it's so that they're easily converted

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I think the last option is most sensible.
But I also think they shouldn't hassle people in the corners to sit down, unless the person behind them wants them to.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If I'm not mistaken safe standing still has seats they just don't have a back, bit similar to Bristol.

I've not been to a game in Germany (would like to one day!) but as I understand it there are basically two types of terrace:

1. the red ones in the pictures where you stand in an allocated space, also here at Werder Bremen

_42692677_bremen203.jpg

With this you presumably don't get any increase in capacity when used in the stand configuration?

2. A more conventional terrace like at Borussia Dortmund where seats are installed for international matches:

innen_06.jpg

_42692683_dortmund203.jpg

Here you get more capacity when using it for standing but it's a faff to convert it to seats - however when would we need to do that reallistically?

Is this more or less the situation over there?

:moo:

D

Deleted member 18477

Dortmund have the best stadium in the world! What a terrace!

And does anyone actually sit in the north stand? Surely, SURELY they know everyone stands behind a goal!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

I think the criteria is safe, proposals would probably require approval some of the German stadia have no seats,terraces become dangerous when 8 ft fences are installed to prevent access onto the pitch.

Oct 25, 2003
a major stumbling block imo is that i'm not sure many clubs will WANT to convert

a lot of them spent a fair bit of money converting to all-seater post taylor report......are they really going to be willing to fork out again to convert a section into terracing, which might not actually be that profitable for them

some clubs might trial it in a small part of their ground, realise they're not making much money from it and scrap it

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I would pay more if that meant I was allowed to stand, yesterday was the best football game I've ever been to..

This. Well, except the last bit as I was just about old enough to enjoy the north stand at the Goldstone... but I see where you're coming from.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
No better than the Goldstone days just more of them, but still to many gaps and steps to fall through /down.

I first went to the goldstone and stood in the N stand as a 10 year old, the only thing unsafe about it was the fencing preventing access to the pitch.Any way there would still be over 75% of the ground available to the old the young the frail and the verticaly challenged.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
a major stumbling block imo is that i'm not sure many clubs will WANT to convert

a lot of them spent a fair bit of money converting to all-seater post taylor report......are they really going to be willing to fork out again to convert a section into terracing, which might not actually be that profitable for them

some clubs might trial it in a small part of their ground, realise they're not making much money from it and scrap it

I don`t realy care what other clubs do or don`t do , i would just like to see the N stand turned into a safe standing terrace, along with the majority who stand there already it seems

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
I have seen every home game at the Amex in the north stand and have never sat down.

Seems pretty safe to me.

TB

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
as would i

not sure the club would though

Could seriously increase capacity of the stand, which would only enhance the atmosphere at the ground.Something needs to be done to compensate for the large areas of so called corporate seating, which contribute nothing to the atmosphere on match day.

Oct 25, 2003
Could seriously increase capacity of the stand, which would only enhance the atmosphere at the ground.Something needs to be done to compensate for the large areas of so called corporate seating, which contribute nothing to the atmosphere on match day.

in an ideal world clubs would care about the atmosphere at the ground.....but do they really? i'd imagine they'd be more fussed about profits...hence the corporate seating

the higher attendance could potentially mean more merchandise sales etc. BUT the type of people who spend the most amount of money at football grounds (families) aren't the people who'd be in a terrace.

brighton IS a bit of an anomaly here as we do have a culture of people arriving early and staying late...so it's possible if that trend continues

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I'm sure the club would welcome one stand with the safest standing stands available, I have not got a clue to the what the clubs insurance premium is but would be greater if standing was allowed.

i voted for the third option, would love to have the option to stand or sit but not at any risk.

Dandyman

In London village.
This from HSV in Hamburg. The main objections to safe standing IMO come from those that see fans as a crowd control rather than crowd safety issue and those that feel that seating allows them to charge higher prices and engage in a bit of (failed) social engineering.

Attachments

• HSV 2.jpg
    HSV 2.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 33

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here