Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Safe place to drink

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Croydonbloke said:
Ah ok then.:p

Excuse my ignorance, but why are you bringing your son down to Brighton in the first place, on a SCHOOL NIGHT?!

Perhaps I'm old-fashioned, but don't 8 year olds normally go to bed well before 9pm, so I don't understand why you are dragging him out to a smoky pub for a game that woun't finish until 9.45, and he won't get home until 11pm?

Like I said, I might be old fashioned, but why don't you go round to a friends house in the Croydon area were you can 'enjoy' the game in your own surroundings.....just a thought ;)

kevinsmith

Jan 25, 2004
Portslade
Croydonbloke said:
If I were to attend our CRUNCH game In November and wanted to bring my 8 year old son is there likely to be a safe place to drink before the game? Not sure I will get a ticket yet so may have to watch down me local on the big screen.

Falmer Village:lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Excuse my ignorance, but why are you bringing your son down to Brighton in the first place, on a SCHOOL NIGHT?!

Perhaps I'm old-fashioned, but don't 8 year olds normally go to bed well before 9pm, so I don't understand why you are dragging him out to a smoky pub for a game that woun't finish until 9.45, and he won't get home until 11pm?

Errrrrrr......

Sunday 20 November 2005
The Coca-Cola Football League Championship
Brighton v Crystal Palace, 13:30

I know the trains are a drag on Sundays but surely it's not going to take that long to get back home to deepest, darkest Slumhurst? :jester:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Dancin Ninja BHA said:

Like I said, I might be old fashioned, but why don't you go round to a friends house in the Croydon area were you can 'enjoy' the game in your own surroundings.....just a thought ;)
I have already stated in the thread I think that there is school so may reconsider taking him. Take him to a pub in Croydon are you mad. I live in West Sussex thank you.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Perry Milkins said:
Loftus Road got a bit silly when i was there with two of the jnr Milkins.

Watford is the place.
I thought I may take him to East Grinstead Town FC for a bit of fun. I think they play Lancing or someone like that.

Last edited:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Caveman said:
I certainly wouldn't take my son with me, but I would like to think people wouldn't start on you, but hey? If you kept that shitty shirt covered no one would be any the wiser, would they?

WE HATE PALACE! :salute:
But I would need to wear it to brighten the place up!!! I won`t get a ticket anyhow as you need to of attended 5 away games to get a ticket.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
probably safe enough at the BLACK LION, PATCHAM, park at the park and ride and head down the hill to the london road,its about half way to the ground and a HARVESTER (or some other food pub) so it aint full of pissheads,dont wear the stripey nigel........and with a bit of luck you will only get food poisoning.

b.t.w.how come social services havn't taken your kid away,i mean....child battering is one thing...........but making him support the crippld pallets..........thats real child abuse

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Just realised that the infamous Hikers Rest will be only about 500m from the Falmer Stadium :ohmy: I guess it will be a home fans only pub :lolol:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
northstandnorth said:
probably safe enough at the BLACK LION, PATCHAM, park at the park and ride and head down the hill to the london road,its about half way to the ground and a HARVESTER (or some other food pub) so it aint full of pissheads,dont wear the stripey nigel........and with a bit of luck you will only get food poisoning.

b.t.w.how come social services havn't taken your kid away,i mean....child battering is one thing...........but making him support the crippld pallets..........thats real child abuse
Isn`t comedy supposed to make people laugh? Best get your coat on quick old boy.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Croydonbloke said:
Take him to a pub in Croydon are you mad. I live in West Sussex thank you.

Well done CB so even you agree that Croyden is a shite hole....But I suppose the Palace fans are so thick they would even start a fight with one of their own??

Last edited:

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Well done CB so even you agree that Croyden is a shite hole....But I suppose the Palace fans are so thick they would even start a fight with one of their own??

You've been in Croydon town centre on a Friday night then.

:drink:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Regret I work in Elmers End therefore I have to go into Croyden to get back to Brighton.

And yes, to my shame, I have been in Croyden on a Friday night and the odd Saturday. :nono:

In my defence it has been due to work e.g leaving do's. I would never actually suggest or recommend a nite out there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here