Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Safe place to drink

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Smart Mart said:
Croydon Bloke, try any pub in the Kemp Town area because you and your son are guaranteed a warm welcome in 'The Queens Arms'

:p
Is `Queens` the catch to this suggestion.:eek: :lolol: :lolol:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Most Pubs anywhere near the ground will be closed before the game :nono:

Other pubs in town will be monitored very closely by the plod and tough restrictions will be in force for anybody to to get in! :angry:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
ATFC Seagull said:
I was gonna suggest that, providing they allow it to open that day, the Sportsman is a pretty sound place. The rest of the week its a normal family pub, and the bouncers and police presence normally keep away any idiots. Never seen them turn away visiting supporters either.

Last season they had it as home fans only for about 4 games, QPR, Cardiff, Leeds and West Ham if memory serves me right. I seem to remember two years ago that palace fans weren't allowed in and most of them went straight into the ground before the game.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Hang on its a sunday game kick off midday or near abouts so no pubs will be open as they all open at midday anyway.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As the game's on a Sunday the Sportsman won't open until Midday will it ? As such there'll be a long queue I expect.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
mate

this is just nonsence

In all places, you will get silly little chavs wanting a pop.

If you and your son go to the match you will have no problem. The Sportsman outside the ground is fine with visiting fans welcome...we have had lots of banter ( not aggro) in there...Millwall, Forest, Sheff Utd etc etc. If you are concerned, The Black Lion in Patcham is fine, or turn off the A23 and head to Fulking...Shepherd and Dog and the Royal Oak...fine pubs. If you want dirctions PM me.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
dave the gaffer said:
mate

this is just nonsence

In all places, you will get silly little chavs wanting a pop.

If you and your son go to the match you will have no problem. The Sportsman outside the ground is fine with visiting fans welcome...we have had lots of banter ( not aggro) in there...Millwall, Forest, Sheff Utd etc etc. If you are concerned, The Black Lion in Patcham is fine, or turn off the A23 and head to Fulking...Shepherd and Dog and the Royal Oak...fine pubs. If you want dirctions PM me.
Thanks for your advice. If I decide to come along I will give you a shout. :drink:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
lets face it croyden bloke, any PROPER supporter seeing a geezer walking along with his kids in opposing colours would let you get on with it. but ever since we started playing each other again all the old nutters from the seventies have started turning up at the games hoping to roll back the years. (i used to be one but have now grown up!) If it does 'kick off' its gonna happen in a pub, probably by people who are looking for palarse fans and have no longer got any interest in football and probably couldnt even tell you what colour we now play in. best keep a low profile eh? anyway.....thats the sensible shit over with........YOURE STILL SHIT AAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:salute:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
seagullion said:
lets face it croyden bloke, any PROPER supporter seeing a geezer walking along with his kids in opposing colours would let you get on with it. but ever since we started playing each other again all the old nutters from the seventies have started turning up at the games hoping to roll back the years. (i used to be one but have now grown up!) If it does 'kick off' its gonna happen in a pub, probably by people who are looking for palarse fans and have no longer got any interest in football and probably couldnt even tell you what colour we now play in. best keep a low profile eh? anyway.....thats the sensible shit over with........YOURE STILL SHIT AAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:salute:
Old boys now in there fiftys. I should think they`ve got better things to do then to cause trouble. Most likely in depreesion going through mid life crisis anyhow. I think todays football has got it`s share of new recruits.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Yorkie said:
The Brewery Tap allows kids in and is a decent pub.
It is actually recommended to away fans on the football ground guide.
There was a whole family of Sunderland supporters there before and after their game.

It's about 15 mins walk away on London Rd

I always drink in here and there is normally a few away fans. Like the others have said as long as you do not wear your colours to openly and do not give it the large when we start the anti-palace songs then you will be fine.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Croydonbloke said:
But he wants to see Palace win away so I thought I would take him to a guranteed fixture!!!
You taking him to Kenilworth Rd then? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here