Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Putin attempts to rewrite history, claiming that his three day SMO became a 3 year slog, due to Western duplicity despite Russian integrity.

This is truly mind-bending. Enjoy.

Having watched that video, I feel really guilty that I was naive enough to sympathise with the Ukrainian aggressors, when in reality I should have thrown what little weight I have behind the poor downtrodden Russians. It's quite obvious that they've been alienated by the west, and forced into defending the motherland against Ukrainian aggression, western imperialism, and a western plot to paralyse the Russian economy. Silly me ! I might have trouble sleeping tonight. On the other hand, I might not.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Yes, that was crazy. Should negotiate to store them on NATO territory, then fly in via Ukrainian airfields. Unlikely to happen though.

With their range, absolutely no need to have them so close to the front lines, where they are more likely to be spotted by Russian drones. Madness

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
With their range, absolutely no need to have them so close to the front lines, where they are more likely to be spotted by Russian drones. Madness

Yep. If have to be stored in Ukraine then choose airfields right on the border with NATO countries, and or one air defense system.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
If Orban’s serious about seeking peace, he should be talking to Russia’s great Tsar.

Conceding all stolen land and paying for Ukraine’s restoration should merely be a starting point, but Ukraine needs SO much more than that.

Repairing / restoring infrastructure is one thing. Repairing millions of destroyed lives I fear is quite simply non achievable.

I am completely and utterly at a loss for words. My heart goes out to the gallant people of Ukraine, in their fight against Russian subjugation. Slava Ukraini !
Good prediction: Orban met Putin today. Not surprisingly most of the EU nations aren’t happy. Whilst Orban’s visit wasn’t in the capacity of his new role as EU president, unfortunately perceptions will play into Putin’s hands. Orban is becoming a real pain in the butt.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Good prediction: Orban met Putin today. Not surprisingly most of the EU nations aren’t happy. Whilst Orban’s visit wasn’t in the capacity of his new role as EU president, unfortunately perceptions will play into Putin’s hands. Orban is becoming a real pain in the butt.
He went for his annual appraisal with his boss.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill

You have to wonder just how long Russia can sustain just throwing bodies at the lines even if it is prisoners and undesirables. Hopefully not too much longer.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Rumours circulating that Lukashenko may have fallen ill while attending the SCO summit
Screenshot_20240706-121136_Reddit.jpg

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here