Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Here's a fire at a hostel in Moscow. One of the comments suggests it might be an FSB effort at a false flag operation.

There is also new activity in Crimea, including another fire. No other details were given.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What’s the betting if it was FSB they made sure a few of their targets were in there when it “accidentally” caught fire

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Orban on steroids again. I wonder if he'll ask Putin for help to 'protect' the rights of 'historical Hungarians '.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Orban on steroids again. I wonder if he'll ask Putin for help to 'protect' the rights of 'historical Hungarians '.
Orban is no doubt hoping to be rewarded with that land, if Putin wins, for being his lap dog

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Remember a few weeks ago, there was some talk of a proposal from Russia for a ceasefire and 'referenda' in the occupied territories?
Well, I've just stumbled across this article from 8 June. Simonyan says 'it's time to talk' as Ukraine is too strong.
It suggests that there may be a difference of opinion on how to proceed within the Kremlin.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Remember a few weeks ago, there was some talk of a proposal from Russia for a ceasefire and 'referenda' in the occupied territories?
Well, I've just stumbled across this article from 8 June. Simonyan says 'it's time to talk' as Ukraine is too strong.
It suggests that there may be a difference of opinion on how to proceed within the Kremlin.

There can't be differences of opinion within the Kremlin, not for long anyway.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
There can't be differences of opinion within the Kremlin, not for long anyway.
That's the received wisdom isn't it? Perhaps it is one of those things that remains true until it isn't.

I always assumed that her boss is Putin. Maybe he is. Maybe he is flying a kite; assessing the public reaction to a major change in direction.
Or maybe someone else is her boss. Or perhaps it is just a bit of maskirovka. Who knows until the bones emerge from the sack?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hilarious 😂

From your tweet: She said that ... a "huge number of people under the oppression of liberal democracies are trying to resist it."

:ROFLMAO:

Tell me about it, every day I'm queuing at the Russian embassy, begging to get out of this liberal democracy. "No" they say, "No you can't come to Mother Russia, we are full", but I keep going back every day in the hope that one day I too can be free of freedom.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Lots of weird things coming out of Russia at the moment.

Here is Simonyan's husband, telling us there will be a larger war with the west. But before it happens, Russia needs to make sure Ukraine is friendly towards it, and that Russia and Ukraine are on the same side.........

I assume it's some kind of threat, but the Russian establishment don't make it easy to understand what they really mean. Perhaps they do it on purpose.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Lots of weird things coming out of Russia at the moment.

Here is Simonyan's husband, telling us there will be a larger war with the west. But before it happens, Russia needs to make sure Ukraine is friendly towards it, and that Russia and Ukraine are on the same side.........

I assume it's some kind of threat, but the Russian establishment don't make it easy to understand what they really mean. Perhaps they do it on purpose.

I guess intentionally vague to keep open all options on future announcements... I'm not sure how they're going to ensure Ukraine is friendly toward Russia - could take a while, eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here