Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Screenshot_2024-06-15-07-59-30-83_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
I'm not that surprised the clause is there though

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Edit - I will add that the numbers Russia has lost are not universally agreed. The BBC figures appear to be a lot more modest. France are saying 150k dead, 500k injured:

Last edited:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

Good video. He reminds me of the American ex-forces youtuber Jake Broe; multiple updates but this time with balance and objectivity.

It hadn't occurred to me that the Russian losses could actually exceed the generally accepted 500,000 to possibly around 620,000.
We know that Russia has a resilience to losses, but there must be a limit surely.

Also worth noting is the cost of compensation, payments and special cars etc for Russian veterans injured in service, will cost Russia for decades. Good.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Edit - I will add that the numbers Russia has lost are not universally agreed. The BBC figures appear to be a lot more modest. France are saying 150k dead, 500k injured:

Interesting toward the end where he says half the delivered munitions bought by Czech Republic for Ukraine are in poor condition and require refurbishment.
Also, that once the Czechs announced such purchase plans, Russia quickly stepped in and bought much of the stocks themselves, from the same source.
So, a couple of lessons for the West
1. Keep your mouth shut until it's done
2. Most arms length suppliers are in it purely for themselves... it's business, not charitable support for Ukraine

Last edited:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
A number of countries didn't sign the communiqué asserting Ukraine's right to territorial integrity. I won't be vacationing there then: Mexico, S Africa, Saudi, India, ...and China, plus Vietnam of course... I expect I missed some 🤔

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
A number of countries didn't sign the communiqué asserting Ukraine's right to territorial integrity. I won't be vacationing there then: Mexico, S Africa, Saudi, India, ...and China, plus Vietnam of course... I expect I missed some 🤔
I assume that those countries won't object to being invaded by a brutal, unelected, neighbouring regime, their land razed, their citizens murdered and their children abducted.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Good video. He reminds me of the American ex-forces youtuber Jake Broe; multiple updates but this time with balance and objectivity.

It hadn't occurred to me that the Russian losses could actually exceed the generally accepted 500,000 to possibly around 620,000.
We know that Russia has a resilience to losses, but there must be a limit surely.

Also worth noting is the cost of compensation, payments and special cars etc for Russian veterans injured in service, will cost Russia for decades. Good.
The total Russian losses during Operation Barbarossa (Nazi invasion of Russia) are estimated to have exceeded 4.5m.

Stalin didn't care about the losses. And neither does Putin. Endless supply of cannon fodder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here