Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
A number of countries didn't sign the communiqué asserting Ukraine's right to territorial integrity. I won't be vacationing there then: Mexico, S Africa, Saudi, India, ...and China, plus Vietnam of course... I expect I missed some 🤔
I sort of get (though detest) China and India’s position because they both have aspirations for territorial gains of their own. Don’t understand the rationale of others such as Mexico, though there’s bound to be financial and trade deals and other arm twisting going on behind the scene that’s shaped their position.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I sort of get (though detest) China and India’s position because they both have aspirations for territorial gains of their own. Don’t understand the rationale of others such as Mexico, though there’s bound to be financial and trade deals and other arm twisting going on behind the scene that’s shaped their position.
Yes it must be that ☹️: oil, arms deals etc. Saudis being a pain as usual.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
A bit of good news on the weapons front:

is it good news really? just all gearing up for some massive conflict.. yeah I know, I’m being daft and we can’t all sit back and wait for the evil doers. World seems to be in a sprint to go to hell in a handcart.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
is it good news really? just all gearing up for some massive conflict.. yeah I know, I’m being daft and we can’t all sit back and wait for the evil doers. World seems to be in a sprint to go to hell in a handcart.
Yes, it is good news. Especially if you are Ukrainian.

In post 15,876, I linked a tweet that says 'South Korea has detected at least 10,000 shipping containers being sent from North Korea to Russia'.

Putin isn't going to stop. The events of the past two and a half years offer a clue to this.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
5 great bits of news yesterday.

1. The US is going to halt all production and orders for patriot missiles to every 3rd party that had orders and will allocate every patriot off the production line to Ukraine, until it has all it needs 👏 (Romania had just sent 1 more system).

2. After Putin signed a pact with Kim Jong Un, part of which is to supply nuclear tech to NK, he also then proceeded to threaten S.Korea, one of world's largest producers of conventional arms and who have historically never supplied arms to any country at war. Multiple reports Putins threats may have changed their calculus, it hasn't gone down well in Seoul.

3. Perhaps the most significant, a month ago, the US banned Ukraine from using US supplied weapons across border in Russia, then it allowed limited use of certain weapons against military targets and movements but only in Kharkiv/Bilhorod sector. Now its moving to full strike anywhere in Russia against military targets and gatherings and with any weapon 👏

4. More massive attacks on Russian oil infrastructure last night.

https://x.com/nexta_tv/status/1804035695268200729?t=lCTHbjwzWgZ4jG6hJFRCTQ&s=19

https://x.com/NatalkaKyiv/status/1804005193878770011?t=MtGXGsG-XtnQqPeCjYKOcA&s=19

5. New EU sanctions are going to totally ban all Russian/LNG even rebadged from 3rd countries from entering EU ports, Rotterdam was a massive hub still for Russian oil, Sweden and Finland will cancel LNG contracts 👏

https://x.com/nexta_tv/status/1803772267505098974?t=8mlyLGcVUMySbPtEbZhYEg&s=19

https://x.com/Prune602/status/1803835315540410645?t=0QJTTWOA1Gi49fp7tO5XwQ&s=19

A truly productive day for Ukraine. The tide is slowly turning. F16s arriving, Inflation in Russia is rampant and out of control.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Gearing up for a massive conflict? Ukraine have already been invaded.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Gearing up for a massive conflict? Ukraine have already been invaded.
glad you told me, I didn’t realise.

What I was meaning was that the whole world seems to have gone onto an unbelievable ramping up and all wanting to have go and someone somewhere. But I think you know that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What I was meaning was that the whole world seems to have gone onto an unbelievable ramping up and all wanting to have go and someone somewhere. But I think you know that.

Honestly I didn't really know what you were getting at. The West are supplying arms to Ukraine. What would you prefer us to do?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Honestly I didn't really know what you were getting at. The West are supplying arms to Ukraine. What would you prefer us to do?
I think you’re misunderstanding me, perhaps my fault at not being clearer.

Yes I quite understand the need for arms to be supplied and agree with it. My post was more one of sad reflection on how the world just seems to be spiralling into a situation of conflict upon conflict. Aggressors and aggression. It’s sad and scary. Mankind just doesn’t seem to ever learn. Thats what I was perhaps clumsily meaning. Maybe just a sad reflection from an old man.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
5 great bits of news yesterday.

1. The US is going to halt all production and orders for patriot missiles to every 3rd party that had orders and will allocate every patriot off the production line to Ukraine, until it has all it needs 👏 (Romania had just sent 1 more system).

2. After Putin signed a pact with Kim Jong Un, part of which is to supply nuclear tech to NK, he also then proceeded to threaten S.Korea, one of world's largest producers of conventional arms and who have historically never supplied arms to any country at war. Multiple reports Putins threats may have changed their calculus, it hasn't gone down well in Seoul.

3. Perhaps the most significant, a month ago, the US banned Ukraine from using US supplied weapons across border in Russia, then it allowed limited use of certain weapons against military targets and movements but only in Kharkiv/Bilhorod sector. Now its moving to full strike anywhere in Russia against military targets and gatherings and with any weapon 👏

4. More massive attacks on Russian oil infrastructure last night.

https://x.com/nexta_tv/status/1804035695268200729?t=lCTHbjwzWgZ4jG6hJFRCTQ&s=19

https://x.com/NatalkaKyiv/status/1804005193878770011?t=MtGXGsG-XtnQqPeCjYKOcA&s=19

5. New EU sanctions are going to totally ban all Russian/LNG even rebadged from 3rd countries from entering EU ports, Rotterdam was a massive hub still for Russian oil, Sweden and Finland will cancel LNG contracts 👏

https://x.com/nexta_tv/status/1803772267505098974?t=8mlyLGcVUMySbPtEbZhYEg&s=19

https://x.com/Prune602/status/1803835315540410645?t=0QJTTWOA1Gi49fp7tO5XwQ&s=19

A truly productive day for Ukraine. The tide is slowly turning. F16s arriving, Inflation in Russia is rampant and out of control.

Great update, thank you!
I think maybe (3) has been announced because of the quantities of missiles Russia is/will import from North Korea; and it's good that (5) has been done before Hungary get the rolling presidency (IIUC)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think you’re misunderstanding me

Yep

Yes I quite understand the need for arms to be supplied and agree with it. My post was more one of sad reflection on how the world just seems to be spiralling into a situation of conflict upon conflict. Aggressors and aggression. It’s sad and scary. Mankind just doesn’t seem to ever learn. Thats what I was perhaps clumsily meaning. Maybe just a sad reflection from an old man.

Yes it is sad, I agree. I think it's because you questioned whether it was good news that more arms are being supplied to Ukraine. Is it good that we're even in this position - of course not, it's awful. Places like Russia, China and North Korea are a disgusting stain on the world. But we knew that already, and given that Russia did invade Ukraine, this little update is good news.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Most Russian military has recently been moved from the Finnish border to the front with Ukraine. An indication of their losses and that they have zero fear of an invasion from NATO.
Wasn't it more about Russia trying to put the frighteners on NATO that they may attack via Finland?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wasn't it more about Russia trying to put the frighteners on NATO that they may attack via Finland?

I wouldn't expect NATO to be worried about an invasion from Russia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here