Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
There will probably be disinformation and fake cyber news galore against Biden
Not too difficult as he is really doddery and gives a good impression of someone with onset dementia.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Not too difficult as he is really doddery and gives a good impression of someone with onset dementia.
Unlike the calm, coherent, logical, and lucid, Donald Trump :lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I still see it as fairly simple.

Doddery and just too old, but a good person

vs

Doddery and utterly insane, and an actively bad person.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I honestly believe that Trump winning is Purin's only hope now and he is holding out for it.

If Trump loses, Putin has no hope and will fold pretty quickly. If Trump wins Putin will be in a much stronger position and push for a much tougher "peace deal".
Another view is this started under Biden, Putin isn't that bothered by him and sees him as weak.

Trump is unhinged, you have no idea what he's going to do, not sure you can plan to deal with that.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Another view is this started under Biden, Putin isn't that bothered by him and sees him as weak.

Trump is unhinged, you have no idea what he's going to do, not sure you can plan to deal with that.
Yeah, you're right. Better to climb back under the duvet.

Is it too late to get all the money back from Ukraine?

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
A better article than the bogus one I posted earlier

"New US sanctions against Russia have caused an immediate suspension of trading in dollars and euros on the country’s leading financial marketplace, the Moscow Exchange.

The exchange, also known as MOEX, and the Russian central bank rushed out statements Wednesday, a public holiday in Russia, within an hour of Washington announcing a new round of sanctions aimed at cutting the flow of money and goods to sustain Moscow’s war in Ukraine.

“Due to the introduction of restrictive measures by the United States against the Moscow Exchange Group, exchange trading and settlements of deliverable instruments in US dollars and euros are suspended,” the central bank said.

The move means banks, companies and investors will no longer be able to trade either currency via a central exchange, which offers advantages such as better liquidity and oversight.... linky for more"

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
A better article than the bogus one I posted earlier

"New US sanctions against Russia have caused an immediate suspension of trading in dollars and euros on the country’s leading financial marketplace, the Moscow Exchange.

The exchange, also known as MOEX, and the Russian central bank rushed out statements Wednesday, a public holiday in Russia, within an hour of Washington announcing a new round of sanctions aimed at cutting the flow of money and goods to sustain Moscow’s war in Ukraine.

“Due to the introduction of restrictive measures by the United States against the Moscow Exchange Group, exchange trading and settlements of deliverable instruments in US dollars and euros are suspended,” the central bank said.

The move means banks, companies and investors will no longer be able to trade either currency via a central exchange, which offers advantages such as better liquidity and oversight.... linky for more"

I can just about understand the above, but am curious about what the reduced liquidity it will cause.

I assume traders will now have to use the Yuan or Ruble instead. Does that effectively mean the Yuan? Who will want to buy Rubles? Or be paid in them in exchange for goods?

Do we have any Fx people on here?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here