Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Doesnt surprise me - about 50% of the Swedes are willing to join NATO. Unthinkable 30 years ago but we've been Americanized and seen enough Hollywood movies to join some imperialist neo-colonialist military alliance.

I wouldnt be surprised if we joined (eventually).

Finland is an entirely different question. A big majority there dont want NATO.

NATO is a peace-keeping force not an imperialist neo-colonialist military alliance. :facepalm:
I suggest you read some books and get off the internet.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Kyiv will fall but the Ukraine will not. This has guerrilla war written all over it and it will be long and unfortunately bloody.

The airport should have fallen within hours especially as helicopters and paratroopers were used. It has only just fallen. The fact that Russian state media claims that 200 Ukraine special forces died with no Russian losses is farcical in the extreme because that just doesn’t happen. If it did then the airport would have fallen by 10:00 on Thursday morning.
It all smacks very much of ‘****, it’s not going to plan’.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You might have thought after Afghanistan someone might have tapped Putin on the shoulder and mentioned the Taliban and who eventually won the war?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Doesnt surprise me - about 50% of the Swedes are willing to join NATO. Unthinkable 30 years ago but we've been Americanized and seen enough Hollywood movies to join some imperialist neo-colonialist military alliance.

Can you list the NATO colonies ? Clearly I’m shit at googling as I can’t find them.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011

If a new thread is started with a pole, and more than half of people vote for u to leave this site 24 hours after it is started!, will u honor that, and never return to this site in any form??

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park

WTF, are you for real or on a wind up??

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
Ukraine has an army of 360 000 soldiers, there are relatively few casualties on both sides, civilians are being given weapons, where is the army?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Ukraine has an army of 360 000 soldiers, there are relatively few casualties on both sides, civilians are being given weapons, where is the army?

I suspect it’s all about hit and run as, from what I can gather, they don’t have the hardware necessary to meet the Russians head on.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Oh for fecks sake....

even when we get a break, we get fecked over....

There's only one way to save face. We enter Ed Sheeran (who's unfathomably popular) singing "Who Do You Think You Are Kidding, Mr Putin?"

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The army is firing Javelins to destroy Putin's armor.

One soldier suicide bombed a bridge to bring it down.

It's a heartbreaking fight to the death.

What can they do against such reckless hate ?

Last edited:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
In the latest alarming development, a senior US defence source has briefed Pentagon reporters that they believed Russia has launched an amphibious landing with thousands of naval infantry to the west of the key southern coastal city of Mariupol

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I suspect it’s all about hit and run as, from what I can gather, they don’t have the hardware necessary to meet the Russians head on.

A Ukrainian hero

[tweet]1497136374369116171[/tweet]

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
If a new thread is started with a pole, and more than half of people vote for u to leave this site 24 hours after it is started!, will u honor that, and never return to this site in any form??

I'd be gutted if we lost Swanny. I don't always agree with it, but I do find his opinion on many things interesting and appreciate a different perspective

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Hopefully we dont join NATO as it is an act of aggression and I dont like war.

The Finnish people absolutely do not want to join NATO so it will be trouble on many levels if they do.

Just one random on Twitter, but might suggest that opinion is changing...

[tweet] 1496047676718301190 [/tweet]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
[Tweet]1497255219696078851[/Tweet]

A hero at peace with his fate. There's few better deaths.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here