Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I remember an article from the Royal United Services Institute back in 2022. It suggested that as Russia was struggling in the ground war, we should expect it to develop alternative fronts - cyber warfare, sabotage, foment political unrest etc. How right they were.

Incoming.....
Yes, and plenty of politicians in Europe who are up for it sadly. Follow the money...

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Microsoft say that Russia is trying to disrupt the 2024 Paris Olympics. Note that some 'coffins' of French soldiers posted in Ukraine have already turned up.

Without looking at the evidence, I believe this. It's in the Wall Street Journal, but behind a paywall if anyone is interested.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Microsoft say that Russia is trying to disrupt the 2024 Paris Olympics. Note that some 'coffins' of French soldiers posted in Ukraine have already turned up.

Without looking at the evidence, I believe this. It's in the Wall Street Journal, but behind a paywall if anyone is interested.

Report on BBC suggests more to do with warning about dead French soldiers if France sent them to Ukraine.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

Report on BBC suggests more to do with warning about dead French soldiers if France sent them to Ukraine.
Apologies - you are quite right. I was trying to be brief and conflated the two things.

1. Microsoft warning of Russia liable to disrupt the olympics
2. Empty coffins found in Paris as a warning if French soldiers sent to Ukraine.

I've no reason to suggest the two are linked except that Russia is in the frame for both.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Apologies - you are quite right. I was trying to be brief and conflated the two things.

2. Empty coffins found in Paris as a warning if French soldiers sent to Ukraine.

I've no reason to suggest the two are linked except that Russia is in the frame for both.
No problem, made me read the report properly so all good.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not sure what's caused the energizing of Macron, but his increasing support for Ukraine is extremely welcome and crucial.
He is in his last permitted term of Presidency ( although he could in theory run again in 2032 ), and is in office until 2027 so he's got a pretty free hand to take a firm position if he wants.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I think he can see as many of us can that Russia has to be be stopped in Ukraine. If they are allowed to win there they won't stop and then all Europe is in danger
An invasion of a NATO country would end in Armaggedon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here