Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Very valid questions, which, thankfully, we are free to ask in a liberal democracy.

Contrast this with the 400 nodding donkeys of the Duma, the lower house of the Russian parliament, giving a unanimous 400-0 thumbs up to Putin's recognition of the Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts.
It is unknown whether any questions were asked during this process.

U call them nodding dogs but I wonder how many would have been disappeared had they objected. Look at the video if their foreign minister doing the rounds. He was essentially coaxed to say what Putin wanted to hear

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Appreciate too late now but would NATO agreeing to withdraw troops round Russia avoid war

The problem is what happens if he then says "nope, not far enough"? It's a strategy akin to Britain and France handing over the Sudetenland in 1938 in the hope of avoiding war, if you budge they know they can budge you further.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
U call them nodding dogs but I wonder how many would have been disappeared had they objected. Look at the video if their foreign minister doing the rounds. He was essentially coaxed to say what Putin wanted to hear
Precisely this. We have to remember that all that is occurring is down to one man's desires. He has total and absolute control of the levers of power and can effectively " disappear " anyone in Russia.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

You're right. It was probably unfair of me to call them nodding donkeys/dogs. If I had been required to vote, I have no doubt I would also have voted 'yes'. BTW, I read somewhere that there was actually one member who didn't vote, but that was because his voting button didn't work!

I saw the video of their foreign intelligence chief being told by Putin to 'Speak plainly, Sergei' and then being prompted to give the required answers to Putin's questions. I guess that was what you meant.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Truss expecting the footballers to do the work the Government won't do themselves again

[tweet]1496395519198912514[/tweet]

So should tennis matches with oligarchs boycotted as well?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Russia v Ukraine... any idea on the kick off time ?

[tweet]1496072452895559684[/tweet]

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Appreciate too late now but would NATO agreeing to withdraw troops round Russia avoid war

Only two of the three Baltic states have a land border with Russia. Those borders are tiny, Russia is not surrounded by NATO forces.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Farage obvs didnt watch or read about Putin's video - NATO membership is a sideshow, its all about Ukraine being a part of Russia.

What a clueless dinosaur. "The Ukraine", Well i dont think many people in "The England" care less what a racist Trump supporter has got to say. he's an empty vessel.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No.

It would invite an invasion of the Suwalki gap and cause the fall of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

Only those that want a massive Putin victory would be supportive of withdrawing troops.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Not surprised, it just fits into the same QAnon, anti-vax, pro-Trump, any enemy of Nato is a friend of mine complete nonsense.

It's making it up as you go along ideology by fusing together completely incongruous bits you like.

That's the internet for you.
mate , the internet has become a very strange place over the last 2 years , it's like it seemed a gift too good to be true and now that's exactly what it has become....

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here