Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If Ukraine were to voluntarily redefine its boundaries so that it controls all its own land it could become a member of NATO and get formal protection. It loses territory but it doesn't control that territory now (aware there might be some small additional loss.) so is it a real loss. Putin can then turn round to his people and say he has won and on the other side most of the Ukraine gets security.

We in the West will then need to get ourselves in a better position to stop further aggression either financially or militarily.

Appeasement yes but what people don't realise is that in the period 1938-1939 Britain started to prepare for war , something it was in no shape to do in 1938....

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Footage on twitter all be it unconfirmed of tanks and buses moving towards the DPR. Fear something could be happening tonight

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If Ukraine were to voluntarily redefine its boundaries so that it controls all its own land it could become a member of NATO and get formal protection. It loses territory but it doesn't control that territory now (aware there might be some small additional loss.) so is it a real loss. Putin can then turn round to his people and say he has won and on the other side most of the Ukraine gets security.

We in the West will then need to get ourselves in a better position to stop further aggression either financially or militarily.

Appeasement yes but what people don't realise is that in the period 1938-1939 Britain started to prepare for war , something it was in no shape to do in 1938....

Or in 2022.

Churchill is to Johnson what Elvis Presley is to Cliff Richard.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
thing is recognition of a break away state doesnt make invasion of that part of Ukraine not an invasion. it might work for home crowd* but nobody else is buying it. escalate to war/sanctions with no strategic gain as the region is already Russian controlled.

(*i wonder how much it plays here with modern communications. i know they have controlled interwebs but i dont believe its closed to external news)

Kiss your children goodnight and pour a large scotch, the world is watching, is this the beginning of the end.

It's hard to see how it can end well the blokes 69 and he's holding all the cards. Its not like the west can push the troops back to Russia and call it a day. NATO enters Russia and he pushes the button..game over. I can only see one option long term. Create a no man's land between Russia and Ukraine and relocate the Donbas people there in exchange for returning Donbas to Ukraine control. Russia then has no borders between itself and NATO countries

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10183340 said:
Sending troops into eastern Ukraine on "peacekeeping operations" :facepalm: :down:

And so it begins.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10183340 said:
Sending troops into eastern Ukraine on "peacekeeping operations" :facepalm: :down:

Putin the Terrible (liar) as history will remember him!

Dont think i can even think about the next albion match at the moment. This may well be the last season of football for a very long time , if not forever :gulp Even if his own people turn against him its not like they can stand there with Put-in "out" banners like we see at football matches.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
He’ll be remembered for being a psychopath, devoid of a conscience. It’s one of my life ambitions to watch his funeral on the box.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
"The War of Putin's Lies".

Shame Biden doesn't have the courage to impose a no fly zone, at least over west Ukraine.

It's looking very likely we'll be at war with Putin one day.

Maybe backing off now earns time to prepare, but there is very little chance that the Kremlin bully will ever stop coming back for more.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
thing is recognition of a break away state doesnt make invasion of that part of Ukraine not an invasion. it might work for home crowd* but nobody else is buying it. escalate to war/sanctions with no strategic gain as the region is already Russian controlled.

(*i wonder how much it plays here with modern communications. i know they have controlled interwebs but i dont believe its closed to external news)

Not all Russians want this conflict

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
He’ll be remembered for being a psychopath, devoid of a a conscience. It’s one of my life ambitions to watch his funeral on the box.

Another good example of how forgetful about WW2 the Russians have become. Well, that’s gratitude for you. Hitler got beat. And so will Putin. It’s the bloody carnage in between.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Maybe we should whore out the World Cup to Russia again as reward for their latest example of ignoring international law!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here