Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Brand denied entry to Canada. But what is your opinion of him?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Funny as f*** & actually very intelligent, yes he's a narcissist with a massive ego & sense of self importance but he 100% admits this & still manages to crack me up

Exactly , he doesn't deny who he is either , enjoy his standup stuff and far better then alot of Comic wannabes

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Exactly , he doesn't deny who he is either , enjoy his standup stuff and far better then alot of Comic wannabes
Yeah his radio shows were amazingly funny, you can still download hours & hours of it from iTunes (or other places) ..... Well worth a listen

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
See my talented post above.
I also sing karaoke.
Talented, me. Innit.

Oh, alright then.
I once made someone laugh. Just one person.

I AM TALENTED!

Fact. :rolleyes:

Because making one person laugh is exactly the same as building a career out of making theatres full of people, comedy clubs full of people, hundreds of thousands/millions of viewers/listeners laugh?

I would probably argue karaoke is not a talent due to there being no need for skill, no measure of ability. You don't need a good reaction from a crowd to do karaoke. It is something that anyone can do. Not everyone can make a theatre/club full of paying strangers laugh.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I normally only fancy Blondes but i think Katie Perry is GORGEOUS :drool:

I admit she is attractive but as soon as she starts speaking I'm instantly put off her.

Because making one person laugh is exactly the same as building a career out of making theatres full of people, comedy clubs full of people, hundreds of thousands/millions of viewers/listeners laugh?

I would probably argue karaoke is not a talent due to there being no need for skill, no measure of ability. You don't need a good reaction from a crowd to do karaoke. It is something that anyone can do. Not everyone can make a theatre/club full of paying strangers laugh.

So the paying customers would say he's got talent, and I bloody well wouldn't.
THAT is what I call a 'fact'. Talent is subjective. People bought Milli Vanilli records, and will purchase tickets to see Jedward and Brittny Spears. The latter does have A talent I would agree, but it ain't singing.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So the paying customers would say he's got talent, and I bloody well wouldn't.
THAT is what I call a 'fact'. Talent is subjective. People bought Milli Vanilli records, and will purchase tickets to see Jedward and Brittny Spears. The latter does have A talent I would agree, but it ain't singing.

No, the paying customers would say he is funny. You wouldn't. That is opinion. Whether you think he is funny or not, he has shown talent - the ability to make a room full of paying strangers laugh.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
I have meet him and i think his a nice man, its insane he keeps getting rejected he did from China aswell, his been clean for a long long time now

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
24 karat total twat. Nothing original about getting 90% of your gags from the local rag, wherever you maybe performing. Thought it was priceless when he said he had shagged or something about Rod Stewart's daughter and Rod fronted him up and told him to shut his filthy mouth or one of Rod's people would shut it for him. Total wanker.

Ah, Rod Stewart. Now there's a right :censored:.

Brand is infinitely preferable to that plastic Scotsman.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Rod does a football match for charity every year, and those who know him say he's alright.
Bit of a lad, likes leggy blondes and dull antiques and his sweaty heritage, but he could sing a bit.

R.Brand is talentless. Honestly, he really is - it's a fact.

Don't want to go off-topic as this thread is about what people think of Russell Brand but I just felt the idea of Rod Stewart coming over all protective daddy just because his daughter may have got used up and thrown away by Brand was slightly ludicrous.

Did Rod the Mod apologise to the fathers of any girls he may have had a fling with over the years?

Oh, and Russell Brand does have talent. He can make enough people laugh that thousands will pay top dollar to go and see him on stage. Whether you or I find him funny doesn't really matter.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
By all accounts Rod Stewart is a f***ing nightmare to work with and very rude to his staff. Allegedly.

As for the main topic, Russell Brand is alright. Seems quite clever and articulate. .he is a bit of a one trick pony stand up wise but I thought he was good in that film Forgetting Sarah Marshall cos he was little more than a cameo but he was too much in Get Him To The Greek. His Booky Wook? I tried to read it but it was so badly written and self indulgant I quit after 3 chapters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here