Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Brand denied entry to Canada. But what is your opinion of him?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I like him. He's usually pretty funy and agree about the radio shows, he's an excellent presenter.

I'm not too keen on the stand up stuff, I find after a while it's a little bit one-paced and one-volumed, also very self indulgant.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I like him. He's usually pretty funy and agree about the radio shows, he's an excellent presenter.

I'm not too keen on the stand up stuff, I find after a while it's a little bit one-paced and one-volumed, also very self indulgant.

Agree with the stand-up. He needs Noel Gallagher and Matt Morgan there to keep his ego from getting out of control. Essentially, by ripping the piss out of him throughout the show. Great dynamic between the 3 of them.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I didn't used to like him, but one Saturday evening there was nothing on TV and my wife was flicking through the channels. Then his stand up show came on, and I have to admit, I nearly pissed myself laughing. He is not a celebrity that I have followed at all, but that one stand up show was so funny.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
He's brilliant as a guest on a chat show, telling great anecdotes in that 'Dickensian' way of speaking (which he does superbly), but having seen him do stand-up in Bristol a couple of years ago, I found absolutely nothing to laugh about; most of the set consisted either of 'jokes' about his sex life and bodily functions - which would probably be funny if you're a 13 year old - or picking on audience members and taking the piss out of them, or out of Bristol.

Me and Mrs Peteinblack just found it cringeworthy; totaly peurile and unfunny. Couldn't believe it was the same guy who is so clever and funny on TV programmes.

clif26

Oct 18, 2010
My knowledge of Canada tells me he had a lucky escape.
As for his comedy - bad taste, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Can we stop them letting him back into the UK?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
when asked if after making a film in hollywood might he be moving to the USA his answer was hell no I'm not leaving my cat behind

good enough for me

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I used to think he was very overrated but then I saw him being interviewed by Frank Skinner and his obvious intelect and articulate discourse changed my opinion of him. However I don't find that funny. Clearly his wife sees something in him.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
What good taste the Canadians have.

Just shows what they always said about Canada................

very sensible but absolutely no sense of humour

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
What good taste the Canadians have.

Just shows what they always said about Canada................

very sensible but absolutely no sense of humour

Given that I have more Canadian relatives than British I have to agree that in the main you're right except for the fact that the likes of John Candy was Canadian. So for that matter is Dan Aykroyd, Jim Carey, Michael J. Fox, Rick Moranis, Matthew Perry, Dave Thomas, Mike Myers and of course, Leslie Neilsson.

Hardly humourless.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
I have heard him on the radio and also on TV but could not stand more than ten mins at a time,to sum him up A COMPLETE WASTE OF SPACE.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I watched about 20 minutes of one of his performances and it was all about the phonegate business. I like to think I have an off the wall sense of humour, but he came across as being a self-obsessed, narcistic prick. Those of you that do like him, I assume you realise you will have to form an orderly queue behind him as his biggest fan.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
24 karat total twat. Nothing original about getting 90% of your gags from the local rag, wherever you maybe performing. Thought it was priceless when he said he had shagged or something about Rod Stewart's daughter and Rod fronted him up and told him to shut his filthy mouth or one of Rod's people would shut it for him. Total wanker.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Talentless.
Twat.
Stupid appearance.
Gobby, unfunny.

He's a reflection of how low British 'entertainment' has sunk when people can watch him and make something like that a celebrity and give him a huge meal ticket.

It's not harsh, it's just inaccurate. You may not like him, but to suggest he is talentless is just factually incorrect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here