Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rumour Is.........

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I am predicitng a 2-0 Albion victory tomorrow, and a complete turnaround of fortunes, we will go upto Leicester and smash the bastards 2-1 on home soil. Following on form those two great victories we will only manage a 2-2 draw with Hartlepool at home. There we have it ladies and gentlemen. The great turnaround will begin..
#

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Think what you like, I was with MA after both games and there were no discussions with the chairman about resignation.

Yes, I work for the Albion... but does that make me a liar? If it was true, surely I would make no comment.
So were Dean Wilkins and Ian Chapman offered coaching roles at the club, as Micky & Dick would have us believe?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
True, but not before or during the game, as it is not going to help anyone.
One other thing I would like to make perfectly clear, despite all the moans going the clubs way, there is not one fan on this board that wants the team to fail, or who wants Micky to fail.

I would love nothing more than seeing Micky leADING OUT the team at Falmer, BUT and it's a big but,I dont think he is capable of leading us there.

If he stays for the rest of the season, I firmly believe we will get relagated. I'd ready to eat loads of humble pie if it doesn't happen. But when he has put us in such a crap position that a Stockport player will not even met us after we argree a fee, it's hard to see where the next player is coming from.

Dick Knight can give his annual spin that we are bidding substandual fees for a number of players, but every transfer window we end up with a largely weakened squad then when we enter it, and with the position we are in now words are not enough anymore.

This season we are not talking about missing out on the playoffs, or having a boring mid table finsih, we are in big big danager of dropping into the basement division, this after we finished the prevous season so strongly.

THis is why people are giving Adams stick, no one believes in him on the evidence of this season, so you can try and call everyone to arms, but enoughs enough, Micky will get grief unless he can a) turn it round, or b) leave the club

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Sorry Insider,but its bollocks...the team under Adams have been shit all season....no new players in then the club and adams moan about being down to the bare bones....If you want the fans behind the team then the team needs to put in 100% and show it cares and the 3 clowns on the bench need to show some passion.Remember its the fans and their money that keep you,adams and co in a job and we are pissed off with being taken for granted.

All I was asking was fans to get behind the team tomorrow (as I am sure they will anyway). Three clowns on the bench? A bit harsh, as these are the same "three clowns" who played a major part in back to back promotions, and are trying to pull the club out of the lower reaches of League One. Nobody likes being where we are at the moment, and the manager is trying his to bring in players who will improve the squad - but due to a number of factors has SO FAR been unsuccessful, with the exception of Chris Birchall. He will continue to try and bring in players. Also, I can assure you, neither Micky or I - or anyone else at the club for that matter - takes the fans for granted.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
if it meant adams goes i would rather we lose saturday and i don't mind saying so. i genuinly believe its in the best interests of the club for mickey to go before he takes us down this season so therefore, if losing tomorrow hastens his departure then i don't mind losing.

a half season's worth of matches has shown us that he hasn't got a clue what he's doing. awful signings, clueless tactics, bad substitutions, long ball football... what on earth makes you think all of a sudden he's going to change?

yes i'm anti adams but that's only becuase i am 100% pro the albion. i want what's best for the club and i'm sorry to say, that's not mickey adams in my opinion.

having said all of that... if we win 3.0 tomorrow i'll be grinning like an idiot. up the albion!

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
what a strange comment paul.

Not really, the point I was making, is that if you really want to boo the team (personally I don't as it only has a negative effect) then it's better to do it on the final whistle, as opposed to before, during the game or at half-time. Or vent your spleen on here even!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
A bit harsh, as these are the same "three clowns" who played a major part in back to back promotions, and are trying to pull the club out of the lower reaches of League One.
You are living in the past like everyone else seems to be at the club.

I think you all need to let the past go and look at the now.

Division One :bigwave::bigwave::bigwave:

Division Two :thud::thud:

hillbilly

In the hill, not over it!
Sep 1, 2008
Burgess Hill
Change of tack here, and away from Micky, one question I have:
Is it in all the players contracts (or all coaching staff) that their wages will be cut by e.g. 25% if we are relegated to League Two?
Over half of the clubs in the Prem do this I believe, mainly due to the lack of cash in the FL compared to Prem.
I guess I am questioning the motivation, and IMO Micky has more to lose than the players.
Let's just hope we are discuss more enjoyable topics like being up the top of League One and knocked out a Prem team in FA Cup 3rd round in 12 months time.

hillbilly

In the hill, not over it!
Sep 1, 2008
Burgess Hill
Change of tack here, and away from Micky, one question I have:
Is it in all the players contracts (or all coaching staff) that their wages will be cut by e.g. 25% if we are relegated to League Two?
Over half of the clubs in the Prem do this I believe, mainly due to the lack of cash in the FL compared to Prem.
I guess I am questioning the motivation, and IMO Micky has more to lose than the players.
Let's just hope we are discuss more enjoyable topics like being up the top of League One and knocked out a Prem team in FA Cup 3rd round in 12 months time.

Well not all quite away from Micky!

I heard a strong rumour that Chelsea and Real Madrid had scouts at training yesterday. Apparently they were looking at Doug LOFT... can anyone confirm?

Wrong - Them, Milan, Mn Utd, Liverpool are after the signature of the goal scoring phenominum JOHNNY DIXON!

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
The real problem this season is the Home form. Apart from Man City and a couple of other games there has been precious little to get excited about. The away supporters have had a slightly more to enjoy and good luck to them. Let's hope Adams can turn the rest of the season into a Withdean Fortress mode and give the majority of supporters something to cheer.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not really, the point I was making, is that if you really want to boo the team (personally I don't as it only has a negative effect) then it's better to do it on the final whistle, as opposed to before, during the game or at half-time. Or vent your spleen on here even!

to be honest mate, I wont be there. You know I have been watching the lads up and down the country for 30 odd years now and in all that time, the only time I have really given them what for was teh Bristol Rovers game at Bath where we lost 4-0 odd and I was pictured on the back page of teh argus waving goodbye to barry LLoyd. I have had enough of going away, seeing our players put in no effort and thinking that i have spend my earned money watching a team that either have not the skill to beat teams or have a manager who is incapable of setting a team up.

In short Paul, I have had enough.

Maybe that is Adams fault, maybe it isn't.

I still pride myself that in all the years I have watched Brighton ( or swindon, Huddersfield and Chelsea) I have never left a game early.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
You know I have been watching the lads up and down the country for 30 odd years now. I have had enough of going away, seeing our players put in no effort and thinking that i have spend my earned money watching a team that either have not the skill to beat teams or have a manager who is incapable of setting a team up.

That's sad, and the most damning thing is you're not remotely alone in that attitute

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
to be honest mate, I wont be there. You know I have been watching the lads up and down the country for 30 odd years now and in all that time, the only time I have really given them what for was teh Bristol Rovers game at Bath where we lost 4-0 odd and I was pictured on the back page of teh argus waving goodbye to barry LLoyd. I have had enough of going away, seeing our players put in no effort and thinking that i have spend my earned money watching a team that either have not the skill to beat teams or have a manager who is incapable of setting a team up.

Maybe that is Adams fault, maybe it isn't.

I still pride myself that in all the years I have watched Brighton ( or swindon, Huddersfield and Chelsea) I have never left a game early.

Well, I watched our last away game (Swindon), and the lads put in a pretty decent display. OK, Swindon weren't great, but I saw NO sign whatsoever of the players not putting effort in. I also thought there was a helluva lot of effort against Leeds - there wasn't an awful lot between the two sides (in fact, there was really only one difference between us and Leeds, and that was Fabian Delph). I don't buy this crap that the team are not putting the effort in. At this level (League 1) the big thing is CONFIDENCE. A couple of decent results and I'm sure the players will be completely different. You just have to keep the faith......

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Oh and believe me they do .......but you would already know that .........and it really gets a bit waring

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here