Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rumour Is.........

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
to be honest mate, I wont be there. You know I have been watching the lads up and down the country for 30 odd years now and in all that time, the only time I have really given them what for was teh Bristol Rovers game at Bath where we lost 4-0 odd and I was pictured on the back page of teh argus waving goodbye to barry LLoyd. I have had enough of going away, seeing our players put in no effort and thinking that i have spend my earned money watching a team that either have not the skill to beat teams or have a manager who is incapable of setting a team up.In short Paul, I have had enoughQUOTE]

looking at the bigger picture i think these comments are why many people are getting really upset with what's going on.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
if it meant adams goes i would rather we lose saturday and i don't mind saying so. i genuinly believe its in the best interests of the club for mickey to go before he takes us down this season so therefore, if losing tomorrow hastens his departure then i don't mind losing.

a half season's worth of matches has shown us that he hasn't got a clue what he's doing. awful signings, clueless tactics, bad substitutions, long ball football... what on earth makes you think all of a sudden he's going to change?

yes i'm anti adams but that's only becuase i am 100% pro the albion. i want what's best for the club and i'm sorry to say, that's not mickey adams in my opinion.

having said all of that... if we win 3.0 tomorrow i'll be grinning like an idiot. up the albion!

I don't want to agree with this. I really don't but something inside me is..........aaarggghhh.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
All I was asking was fans to get behind the team tomorrow (as I am sure they will anyway). Three clowns on the bench? A bit harsh, as these are the same "three clowns" who played a major part in back to back promotions, and are trying to pull the club out of the lower reaches of League One. Nobody likes being where we are at the moment, and the manager is trying his to bring in players who will improve the squad - but due to a number of factors has SO FAR been unsuccessful, with the exception of Chris Birchall. He will continue to try and bring in players. Also, I can assure you, neither Micky or I - or anyone else at the club for that matter - takes the fans for granted.

That's all well and good but the "three clowns" have also put us in the position we are today, we do not live in the past we live in the present.

Fans will allways vent their frustrations (which have been muted due to the clubs position at Withdean etc) and managers will live and die by their results.

We all have a huge respect for Dick but a large proportion of the support are extremely dissapointed with what happened in the summer and so far this season.

If Micky was doing my Job at present and my sales performance was as bad as his I would have been given my P45.

Stumpy Tim

to be honest mate, I wont be there. You know I have been watching the lads up and down the country for 30 odd years now and in all that time, the only time I have really given them what for was teh Bristol Rovers game at Bath where we lost 4-0 odd and I was pictured on the back page of teh argus waving goodbye to barry LLoyd. I have had enough of going away, seeing our players put in no effort and thinking that i have spend my earned money watching a team that either have not the skill to beat teams or have a manager who is incapable of setting a team up.

In short Paul, I have had enough.

Maybe that is Adams fault, maybe it isn't.

I still pride myself that in all the years I have watched Brighton ( or swindon, Huddersfield and Chelsea) I have never left a game early.

4-1 I think it was actually dave. Had a great day though! The real issue is that the past 9 months has led to some truly loyal fans walking away from the club. For several years the fans have been asked to dig deep into their pockets for the Buy a Player Fund, for money to keep the club afloat, and for inflated ticket prices. In return those fans expect more transparency & better decision-making from the board... and have been let-down.

In the past we've worried about not gaining new young fans without a proper stadium. Well the last 9 months have led to a situation where those young fans aren't interested, and now even die-hards like Dave can't be arsed either.

It spells disaster for the club I'm afraid. We're sleep-walking to relegation because of a job Micky did several years ago. SHAMBLES

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
In the past we've worried about not gaining new young fans without a proper stadium. Well the last 9 months have led to a situation where those young fans aren't interested, and now even die-hards like Dave can't be arsed either.

It spells disaster for the club I'm afraid. We're sleep-walking to relegation because of a job Micky did several years ago. SHAMBLES

Young Seagulls currenly has 7,000 members, which is pretty impressive I think. The club is doing a bloody good job at trying to rebuild the lost support over the past decade.

I was also reasonably impressed by the number of young fans I saw at our last away game (Swindon).

Still, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

:fuckoff:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Young Seagulls currenly has 7,000 members, which is pretty impressive I think. The club is doing a bloody good job at trying to rebuild the lost support over the past decade.

I was also reasonably impressed by the number of young fans I saw at our last away game (Swindon).

7000 fans who can join in a FREE club. So how many of these youngsters turned up to watch us play in an area final then? Don't know if you were there but I was in the family stand, as usual, for that match and the stand was practically empty. Oh, and they could have turned up for FREE at that game too.

May I also point out that there have been numerous family days in the family stand where there have been loads of kiddies and the atmosphere has been buzzing only to be let down by the quality of footie they've watched. It's been a great opportunity wasted time and time again.

I'm not naturally a glass half empty person, honestly, but this situation we're in really upsets me and yes, it does worry me too. The actions and the words of the club haven't reassured me one iota so please don't accuse me (as others have done) of being disloyal or a shit-stirrer. We all want the team to succeed but something is broken and it isn't the fault of the fans.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
7000 fans who can join in a FREE club. So how many of these youngsters turned up to watch us play in an area final then? Don't know if you were there but I was in the family stand, as usual, for that match and the stand was practically empty. Oh, and they could have turned up for FREE at that game too.

Don't disagree, but a couple of things in mitigation...

One, it was a school night - as you know, these things matter to parents.

Two, I think (though I could be wrong) the free child ticket applied to all areas of the ground. Put it this way, there were loads of kids in the South Stand.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Think what you like, I was with MA after both games and there were no discussions with the chairman about resignation.

Yes, I work for the Albion... but does that make me a liar? If it was true, surely I would make no comment.

Like you haven't posted on the financial thread..:thumbsup:

Stumpy Tim

It's not a story - it's a concern. And I wasn't really making a comment about the young support... I was actually saying that when the Albion loses previously die-hard supporters like Dave & Simster then there has to be a worry. That's hard to argue with surely?

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Don't disagree, but a couple of things in mitigation...

One, it was a school night - as you know, these things matter to parents.

Two, I think (though I could be wrong) the free child ticket applied to all areas of the ground. Put it this way, there were loads of kids in the South Stand.
No - you're quite right. In fact that was probably why the family stand was so empty - why go and have a crap view over there when you can get a better one from the south stand for the same price? One of the attractions of the JPT for me as a parent is that you still get to see (mostly) the first team, but instead of costing upwards of 30 quid for me and my daughter it costs just a tenner for us both.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It's not a story - it's a concern. And I wasn't really making a comment about the young support... I was actually saying that when the Albion loses previously die-hard supporters like Dave & Simster then there has to be a worry. That's hard to argue with surely?

Agree, but over the 40 years that I've supported the Albion my commitment has waxed and waned. In the seventies (including the nightmares of 72 and 73) I was a diehard. In the eighties, especially 85 - 87, I hardly went to a game. My support was really re-ignited in the mid-nineties when times were really tough. I'm disappointed that some fans are turning away, but I think it's inevitable. I'm just glad that despite the odds stacked against them, the club is making strenuous efforts to build support amongst the kids.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
BTW - I know our brilliant away fans probably don't need asking this, but tomorrow can ALL THE FANS get right behind the team from the warm up through to the final whistle!? Would be brilliant if all differences of opinions could be put aside for the afternoon and for the team to come out to a rousing reception from the away end at Cheltenham.

As much as I applaud your attempts to get the fans behind the team and unite everybody it's all a bit pointless when micky Adams goes running to the argus telling them he's losing faith in the fans. How the hell can the club expect the fans to unite behind them when people within the club are pulling in different directions?

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
After reading in todays Argus (Today's Argus - North Stand Chat) that Micky said he would not walk, my two "sauces" are pretty reliable and haven't let me down in the past, so it contradicts the press today.[/QUOTE]

I just love ketchup...although partial to HP sometimes...they are my sauces....yummy.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here