Today's Argus

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
News RSS Feed Search:
Adams: I won't walk away
6:30am Friday 23rd January 2009

Comments (0) Have your say »

By Andy Naylor »

Micky Adams insists he will not walk away from the Albion manager’s job – despite flak from fans.

He wants them to channel their aggression towards him into support for the players.

The Seagulls go to fellow stugglers Cheltenham tomorrow with Adams under fire from some supporters for his side’s showing so far this season but vowing not to be driven out.

“I walked away from one job at Leicester but that wasn’t because I was receiving abuse,” he said.

“I’ve got a family to look after and protect and I’ll continue to do that but I am not going to walk away.

“If they want to continue with the abuse that I am getting I am not going to walk away because of it. That isn’t going to happen.

“I think the energy they are using to do that should be transmitted into support for the players.

“I am concerning myself with my players, because I think the criticism that is coming my way is now starting to seep through to the players and that can’t happen.

“We all want the same thing, we want the Albion to do well. I want to win games, I am sick of losing games, it spoils my Saturdays and my weeks.

“If I felt the players were cheating and not giving their all then, believe you me, I would come down on them like a ton of bricks.

“That is not the case. They are giving their absolute maximum at the moment and some of them need a cuddle.

“The last time I came into this club, many years ago, I built a side. If I am given the opportunity I will build another one.

“My priority is getting the players ready and up for every game and as prepared as we can be and to face the challenges as honestly as we can.

“I think that is what the lads are doing. Unfortunately, whether people agree or disagree, they are just not having the rub of the green at the moment and I feel for them.

"But I know, through my experiences, football can change with the click of a finger, so we will keep going and keep battling."

Adams was abused by some south stand supporters before Tuesday's goalless draw in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy against Luton at Withdean.

He revealed: "Even before the game started the other night there were idiots shouting for my head.

"I don't think that helped the team at all. I am determined, I am drawing on all my experience at the moment and getting all the wagons around me, like the cowboys used to.

"I know who my friends are and I know who the enemies are. I'll just keep going."

Micky you really need to stop this "Cuddle" thing - it is making you look a bit silly now

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If we are losing on Saturday at Cheltenham, then Albion Real Supporters are planning to sing "You're not fit to wear the shirt" at all the players, with the exception of Kerry Mayo and Kevin McLeod, for whom we will sing "You're too fat to wear the shirt"

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Having just read Micky Adams' piece in today's Argus, I don't know whether to :laugh: or :cry:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Its all well MA telling the fans to channel their anger into support but he is not paying £25 a week to watch the sh*t that is on display. You serve up that sh*t to any fans in the football league and they would react the same.

What worries me most is his comment we are not getting the rub of the green. That is b*llocks and we are simply not delivering performance worthy of winning games and staying in this league.

As for the cuddle comment is is not about time our players and manager grew some balls and started proving to the fans why their criticism is unfair. I think most fans have seen little or nothing this season that gives them any reason to cheer or support a manager and players who don't look like they give a sh*t despite what MA says.

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
instead of him keep banging on about the players needing a cuddle, why doesn't he GIVE THEM A BLOODY CUDDLE and get it over and done with.

there, i said it

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Because NSC has descended into factions and binfestery that is scaling heights never seen before, can I suggest that tomorrow, at 2.55, those of us at Cheltenham agree to set aside our differences by means of a GROUP HUG*, and then cheer on the team for 90 minutes, before booing them off the pitch.

*I am not however responsible for anyone being trampled on by Sarah Watts, especially if they are wearing a Terry Connor mask.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
News RSS Feed Search:
Adams: I won't walk away
6:30am Friday 23rd January 2009

Comments (0) Have your say »

By Andy Naylor »

Micky Adams insists he will not walk away from the Albion manager’s job – despite flak from fans.

He wants them to channel their aggression towards him into support for the players.

The Seagulls go to fellow stugglers Cheltenham tomorrow with Adams under fire from some supporters for his side’s showing so far this season but vowing not to be driven out.

“I walked away from one job at Leicester but that wasn’t because I was receiving abuse,” he said.

“I’ve got a family to look after and protect and I’ll continue to do that but I am not going to walk away.

“If they want to continue with the abuse that I am getting I am not going to walk away because of it. That isn’t going to happen.

“I think the energy they are using to do that should be transmitted into support for the players.

“I am concerning myself with my players, because I think the criticism that is coming my way is now starting to seep through to the players and that can’t happen.

“We all want the same thing, we want the Albion to do well. I want to win games, I am sick of losing games, it spoils my Saturdays and my weeks.

“If I felt the players were cheating and not giving their all then, believe you me, I would come down on them like a ton of bricks.

“That is not the case. They are giving their absolute maximum at the moment and some of them need a cuddle.

“The last time I came into this club, many years ago, I built a side. If I am given the opportunity I will build another one.

“My priority is getting the players ready and up for every game and as prepared as we can be and to face the challenges as honestly as we can.

“I think that is what the lads are doing. Unfortunately, whether people agree or disagree, they are just not having the rub of the green at the moment and I feel for them.

"But I know, through my experiences, football can change with the click of a finger, so we will keep going and keep battling."

Adams was abused by some south stand supporters before Tuesday's goalless draw in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy against Luton at Withdean.

He revealed: "Even before the game started the other night there were idiots shouting for my head.

"I don't think that helped the team at all. I am determined, I am drawing on all my experience at the moment and getting all the wagons around me, like the cowboys used to.

"I know who my friends are and I know who the enemies are. I'll just keep going."
:clap2::clap2:well done micky

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
they don't need a cuddle, they need a good piss up and a shag, oh and please can we have a first team coach who can build some team spirit. Most people realise MA won't walk away including Dick Knight but it must be very close to that time where the sack is inevitable for Micky. I still hope he can turn it around but doubt it more everyday

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
instead of him keep banging on about the players needing a cuddle, why doesn't he GIVE THEM A BLOODY CUDDLE and get it over and done with.

there, i said it

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

The rub of the green comment is indeed a little worrying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here