• It doesnt matter, I'll be there anyway

Votes: 109 60.6%
  • Means I can watch it on telly

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • Rubbish idea

Votes: 40 22.2%
  • Shit, if its not Saturday, I cant go

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • YES, if its not Saturday I can now make it!

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Its not a rumour is it? Fairly sure Bloom or Perry had said that they've been approached by Sky and BBC

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Preferably I would want the first game a DAYLIGHT one as I want my first night game to be a secondary special moment.

BUT, It's the first game at our new home, so frankly it will be bloody awesome even if it was played at 3.46am on a Tuesday morning. I just can't wait.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Does that really matter though? The importance of the game is for people who are there, otherwise it's not much different to any other match is it?

I kind of see your point. But I bet they'd take the camera round the ground etc, and it would be nice for people who can't make it to share in the experience

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
can`t see any problem with it, people would be moaning if it wasn`t on live wouldn`t they?
whether its on tv or not won`t make any difference to me.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It's bad enough having the KO at 12.45 or 5.30 on a saturday but if they move it to the Friday night when people have got to rush back from work I will be OUTRAGED.

We have waited too long for this day to arrive and it to have it f**ked around with for the purposes of tv would really piss me off.

5.30 on sat is just about acceptable as it still allows us the chance to savour the build up. But just squeezing it into friday night or saturday lunchtime and getting the game out of the way just sucks!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would be absolutely DELIGHTED if it was moved. I'm at a Wedding on 6th August.

Please, make it so. I'm sure Bloom will want his shiny new stadium on TV for all to see, so hopefully will do what he can to make it so.

Yes.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
f*** the rest of the world, this is the day that Albion fans have been waiting years for.

Absolutely this. It should be 3pm. It's unlikely I will manage to get a ticket but this is years of waiting, the final step must be right

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It should be 3pm Saturday, at a push an early eve K/O otherwise what was the point in asking Pride to move!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
after shifting the gay parade for us, im not sure we should move the game. on the other hand, lots of casual/non-STH fans wont bother for the tickets so those that want to go to the first game without paying £300 have better oppurtunity to do so.

though im not sure why they would want to show this game, its not of that great an interest outside Sussex. unless we get one ot the teams coming down or big teams that failed to go up.

If our game is played at any time that weekend, they would have had to move Pride, no ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
3.00pm Saturday 6th August.

Please, dear football club, tell the TV chaps to do one.

Come back when we've got ourselves settled in.

f*** the rest of the world, this is the day that Albion fans have been waiting years for.

Should be saturday 3;00

Absolutely this. It should be 3pm. It's unlikely I will manage to get a ticket but this is years of waiting, the final step must be right

All of these. I could just about cope with a 1245 or 1730 Saturday kick off, but if it iss moved to Friday night I would be seriously pissed off.

The entire day is already earmarked, already mostly planned, and is going to be so special for thousands of people, it simply SHOULD NOT BE f***ed ABOUT WITH.

BBC - GO f***ing DO ONE

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Sunday is my birthday so I'd be VERY happy with that.

Friday would be a nightmare...people rushing back from work and don't want the first game to be at night

Saturday lunch time would be OK

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Any other game, I couldn't give a monkeys.

But the first competitive match at The Amex has to be at 3pm on August 6th, 2011!! It's a new era ffs! Ken Brown was alluding to the fact in a recent interview that clubs are beholden to TV Companies under the rights deal which I guess makes us pretty powerless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here