Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Wedding (29th April) - how important is it to you?

What do you think of the Royal Wedding on 29th April?

• I will be watching it avidly

Votes: 13 6.6%
  • I may watch it if there's nothing else to do and it passes the time

Votes: 18 9.1%
  • Largely indifferent

Votes: 42 21.2%
  • Really couldn't give a toss

Votes: 125 63.1%

• Total voters

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I may watch, but only to get a few ideas for my daughter's wedding 3 months later.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I think your idea of 'while' and my idea of 'while' don't necessarily tally.

It has nothing to do with Withdean, mind.
Here's someone else's idea of 'while'.

While is the Old English word for time. A while means in fact a certain time.... It is exactly what Einstein had in mind when he said e=Mc2, e being the time, m the day of the year and c the day of the creation of the world... 2 stands for 1+1 as everybody knows

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The wedding is not important to me at all.

However, the bank holiday is. To the point I'd almost certainly be doing other things and unlikely to head off to a charity football match, for example.

Is this legal? It seems unlikely....
Name and shame the bastards mate......and phone up lawyers4you or somebody!

It is perfectly legal i'm afraid, they looked into it with our legal dept.

I won't name and shame however as our M.D is season ticket holder and he very occasionaly posts on here.

I quite like my job and would very much like to stay employed.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
You don't have a "I want to chuck" option.

They seem nice enough and I feel a bit for Will as I get the impression that he is about as keen on becoming king as I am of him getting the job.

Get rid of the bloody lot of them and allow a mature democracy to actually do what a democracy is intended to do and ELECT our leaders not have them imposed on us by an aging bunch of forelock tuggers and royal arse lickers.

Few people realise that we use the same selection process for our head of state as North Korea does. One family, never elected or chosen or validated by the electorate, passing the top job on from one unrepresentative generation to the next.

Time for a change i think.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It is perfectly legal i'm afraid, they looked into it with our legal dept.

I won't name and shame however as our M.D is season ticket holder and he very occasionaly posts on here.

I quite like my job and would very much like to stay employed.

Fair enough - particularly the last bit! Can understand that Still think they're behaving like prize cnuts though - a Bank Holiday is a Bank Holiday!

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Is this legal? It seems unlikely....
Name and shame the bastards mate......and phone up lawyers4you or somebody!

It is perfectly legal, if you get the minimum statutory holiday allowance this includes 8 bank holidays not 9 so if you had this day off as well you would in effect be giving up 1 day elsewhere. As a former employer IMO it's disgraceful having the wedding on a weekday and giving a bank holiday, it would have cost me about £15-£20k to have all my staff off for 1 day and who pays for that - me so thanks very much.
As I'm a former employer don't care anymore and it works out well as my 2 hudders mates will be coming down a day earlier for the real big event of that week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here