Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Wedding (29th April) - how important is it to you?

What do you think of the Royal Wedding on 29th April?

• I will be watching it avidly

Votes: 13 6.6%
  • I may watch it if there's nothing else to do and it passes the time

Votes: 18 9.1%
  • Largely indifferent

Votes: 42 21.2%
  • Really couldn't give a toss

Votes: 125 63.1%

• Total voters

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Nauseating stuff. The South Africans are absolutely obsessed with it down here.
The sycophantic TV coverage will be completely unbearable I should imagine.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The day of Don't Do It Di's funeral I went for a bike ride. It was perfect - there was barely a car on the road. It was an absolute joy. People that were out were waving at each other and saying hello. I suspect it will be a bit busier out and about for this one.

Couldn't give a toss is too enthusiastic for me.

Working as normal due to it not being an official paid bank holiday.

this is the memo from my company:

Re: Bank Holiday 29th April 2011

The government has announced that Friday 29th April 2011 will be a bank holiday, to celebrate the Royal Wedding. However, while the extra day has been announced, there is no increase in the statutory entitlement for holidays. Guidance can be found in the staff handbook regarding the Company’s holiday policy and payment of bank holidays.

while i don't give a monkey's about the wedding, a day on the lash would have been nice.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Working as normal due to it not being an official paid bank holiday.

this is the memo from my company:

Re: Bank Holiday 29th April 2011

The government has announced that Friday 29th April 2011 will be a bank holiday, to celebrate the Royal Wedding. However, while the extra day has been announced, there is no increase in the statutory entitlement for holidays. Guidance can be found in the staff handbook regarding the Company’s holiday policy and payment of bank holidays.

while i don't give a monkey's about the wedding, a day on the lash would have been nice.

What a bunch of sweeties you work for.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm retired so i don't even get a day off out of it :(

The poll outcomes are pretty much what you would expect from the demographic of a typical laddish football forum but I suspect if you asked everyone on here to get their partner's view it might be very different indeed :)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
2 people I have never met getting married, wow

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
Poory worded question, TLO. It will be important to very few people, but many will take an interest in it. My young daughter's will love it, it will be a fairytale wedding to them.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm sure there will be some bad stories being buried nicely on the Big Day.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Not to fussed, I'll be in thailand anyway so I'll likely miss it but wish them well.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have no reason to wish them any ill, but basically I'm not interested in the wedding.

But there was a reason for asking. All will become clear in a while.
I'm guessing here, but is there a chance of our last ever game at Withers being brought forward a day to the 29th?

Jan 30, 2008
What is there not to like? A day, where families can be quintessentially English and spend the day together. That’s the big thing for me, having an extra day off and with my family. All you miserable John Catt alikes who are too trendy or republican to be bothered are just basically trying to 'different' it’s almost gothic.

We are having an unofficial street party around here although we expect the council to allow us to close the street off.

Gawd sake come on the whole country is in the doldrums at least this is something other than the Albion to look forward to.
so there you have it, only interests are the Albion and a once in a while Royal wedding............ you couldn't make it up :facepalm:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What is there not to like? A day, where families can be quintessentially English and spend the day together. That's the big thing for me, having an extra day off and with my family. All you miserable John Catt alikes who are too trendy or republican to be bothered are just basically trying to 'different' it's almost gothic.

Aside from the fact 'trendy' is totally meaningless word, you're also wrong.

Looking at the figures, it's YOU being different by getting excited about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here