Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rovers looking forward to giving Dunk some stick Saturday....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm going to predict here and NOW, that by 5pm on Saturday, the deluded Donny fans will have moved on to hating El Abd.
More likely they'll have decided to hate CMS who will be accused of diving in their penalty area in the 5th minute for a blatant foul and subsequent penalty to put us in front.

It will then be ALL his fault that Donny went on to lose the game 5-0.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I don't think this is worth taking seriously. It's a handful of idiots (I really should come up with a macro to insta-type "handful of idiots", I seem to be using the phrase more than I'd like nowadays).

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Only uneducated, small minded idiots would think that one incident in the first game of the season who be the reason they are rubbish. Blaming Dunky is an excuse for the position they find themselves. I am sure none of them will be looking forward to League 1 next season but blaming a 19 year old defender who has been quality all season is a joke.

But don't take my word for it, have a look at what types of people we are talking about here.

Scroll forward to 2:10 in to see who will be waiting at Donny.

Ian Dowie?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Hang on...are you saying he's not dead or in a coma still?

Probably not wise to do any death jokes regarding Billy Sharp. Not long since his son died.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Probably not wise to do any death jokes regarding Billy Sharp. Not long since his son died.
The joke isn't Billy Sharp being dead though, it's the hysterical overreaction of doncaster fans to a slightly poor challenge which resulted in a midly twisted ankle for their former player.

His personal tragedy has nothing to do with it.

The tragedy of a having a sore ankle for a short while.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
They will also be absolutely CERTAIN that Dunk was benched (if that) to protect him from their NASTY NASTY BOOING at their CAULDRON OF TERROR.

At least this will console their fragile little hearts, to know they can affect team selection like that. I suppose it is only fair, considering how one tackle of Dunk has destroyed the entire season, soul, heart and mind of a football club.

BTW is there any truth in the rumour that on witnessing again (on replay) Dunk's DISGUSTING and ULTRAVIOLENT challenge the ENTIRE first team suffered MASSIVE HEART FAILURE APOPLEPTIC SHOCK and DIED? Because of the SHEER BAD of it? Thus leaving the second string only to carry the proud banner? Just something I heard on the GRAPVINE

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
No doubt if Dunk had been injured by Sharp rather than the other way round we would have had something to say about it and I bet Donny would have accused us of being soft southerners instead of taking it like a man. I recall several posts on here when KLL had his leg broken at Hartlepool but don't recall a witch hunt by us going on months later.

To blame their whole failure this season on one incident in the first game is a bit imaginative and hypocritical too especially as some of their own challenges were potential leg breakers. They made some sensationalist claims about how serious the injury to Sharp was but hey ho there must have been a miracle on the road to St Marys. Obviously that Physio turned managerial guru Adkins didn't think there was anything to worry about.

I think some Donny fans are just bitter that their best player got fit and moved on, rather than stay and dig them out of their hole - plus they haven't seen much end result for their
£3m since Sharp left.

I agree that if they are getting themselves riled at the thought of Dunky playing then the El Abd v Douf contest should really liven things up. Bring it on.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The joke isn't Billy Sharp being dead though, it's the hysterical overreaction of doncaster fans to a slightly poor challenge which resulted in a midly twisted ankle for their former player.

His personal tragedy has nothing to do with it.

The tragedy of a having a sore ankle for a short while.

I know. I still think it's a bit close to the bone. That's all. Not personally offended at all. Also, I'm aware that if it got turned into a chant about Billy Sharp and 'death' on Saturday, it could get seriously misinterpreted as reprising some of the songs about his child dying.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I heard that Dunk was the guy who advised the Greek's on their economic policy, which has led to the crisis in the eurozone, which has made it difficult to get investment for companies in Donny, which has led to unemployment in the area, which has meant fewer fans coming through the turnstile and less advertising revenue, which has meant they couldn't buy some players they wanted, which has meant they are bottom of the table in March.

But that is only a rumour.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I know. I still think it's a bit close to the bone. That's all. Not personally offended at all. Also, I'm aware that if it got turned into a chant about Billy Sharp and 'death' on Saturday, it could get seriously misinterpreted as reprising some of the songs about his child dying.
Fair enough. I don't think anything about this is likely to be sung on Saturday. If Dunk does get on and they boo him (hard to know how widespread this feeling is, whether it's just internet based like Hartlepool with Elphick a couple of years ago) then we'll just support him.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
The main reason they are at the bottom is, I would say, that they are shite !!
Never ceases to amaze me how blinkered some people really are when it comes to their own sides !!

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Only uneducated, small minded idiots would think that one incident in the first game of the season who be the reason they are rubbish. Blaming Dunky is an excuse for the position they find themselves. I am sure none of them will be looking forward to League 1 next season but blaming a 19 year old defender who has been quality all season is a joke.

But don't take my word for it, have a look at what types of people we are talking about here.

Scroll forward to 2:10 in to see who will be waiting at Donny.

That is a MENTAL clip hahaha

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
I think its worth remembering that the internet gives voices to those usually best left unheard. This is all very petty and reflects poorly on Donny (To us at least), but it is just a few idiots on the web. Still love Donny and the club's fans, most of them at least.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Lewis Dunk is going to HELL! He is a toe wag and GARD is watching!

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
Dunk also kissed my girlfriend in Burger king at 3am in the morning (not 3am in the afternoon) The toe rag, He better say sorry to the Dons fans on saturday or shit is going down!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here