Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

robinson- will he actually play at all?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
..............................Kuipers..............................
.....Whing.........Elphick...Virgo......Lynch...........
.....................Thomson...Livermore..................
.......Cox..........................................McLeod.....
......................Murray...Forster.........................

This has Lynch at LB. We must never play Lynch at LB. If this is the only option then sell Lynch and buy a LB, even if we have to pay over the odds.

Maybe the stronger midfield could suit JR's game better than before, who knows?

We haven't seen a ball kicked in anger yet, and neither has Mickey Adams - so why not let's leave out the player-downing and player-upping until we've actually SEEN the evidences on display, eh?

Robinson is an experienced Albion player now - and if he was just coming into the club from another team - loads of you would be CREAMING yourselves at this 'new young prospect'.

And that's a fact.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Robinson doesn't look quite up to it at this level from what I saw last season. Scores a few good goals and occasionally looks lively but how many times in the ratings did we see Robinson 5- didn't do much

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Judging by the start of the new Micky spell, he might just have a chance. Sounds like he is the best player on the field at the moment.

Only first pre season game but promising signs....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Judging by the start of the new Micky spell, he might just have a chance. Sounds like he is the best player on the field at the moment.

Only first pre season game but promising signs....

He looked immense against Fulham last year and put some of them to shame, but then reverted to the same old. Perhaps with his contract expiring at the end of the season may force him to buck up his ideas.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Wes Fogden ( better than Loft not sure about Fraser) and there is talk of signing another central midfielder I believe. You also forgot McLeod so that makes Fraser about 6th in line and hopefully Loft 26th.

Not necessarily knocking your opinion down, but what method did you use to draw that conclusion?

Fraser had a lot of time on the pitch last season and never really looked out of place, jury's still out but surely a good squad player at the least.

Loft - we all know he's not the greatest but was used mainly as a sub last year, often away from home, and maybe I'm sticking my neck out a bit here but I really don't think he was THAT bad, in fact on more than one occasion had a positive impact on our attacking play.

Without looking it up, I'd guess that Wes Fogden played easily less than 180 minutes last season, and perhaps aside from Swansea in the LDV (I wasn't there), didn't look that confident.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope he does well this season, at his best he's an exciting player to watch. As has been said just needs to be more consistent.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not necessarily knocking your opinion down, but what method did you use to draw that conclusion?

Fraser had a lot of time on the pitch last season and never really looked out of place, jury's still out but surely a good squad player at the least.

Loft - we all know he's not the greatest but was used mainly as a sub last year, often away from home, and maybe I'm sticking my neck out a bit here but I really don't think he was THAT bad, in fact on more than one occasion had a positive impact on our attacking play.

Without looking it up, I'd guess that Wes Fogden played easily less than 180 minutes last season, and perhaps aside from Swansea in the LDV (I wasn't there), didn't look that confident.

Where is the critisicm?

When I have seen Fogden he has looked OK, Fraser has been reasonable when he played for the first team but with signing more experienced players will probably drop down the pecking order. Loft would easily walk into BHA worst ever XI in my opinion as he is not even Rymans League standard. What can he do properly, Pass no, shoot no, tackle no does he have any skill that he could apply to the team NO.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Where is the critisicm?

When I have seen Fogden he has looked OK, Fraser has been reasonable when he played for the first team but with signing more experienced players will probably drop down the pecking order. Loft would easily walk into BHA worst ever XI in my opinion as he is not even Rymans League standard. What can he do properly, Pass no, shoot no, tackle no does he have any skill that he could apply to the team NO.

The trouble with you is that your to quick to knock the youngsters.You seem to expect them to burst onto the sceen and if they fail to do this in a short space of time you right them off.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The trouble with you is that your to quick to knock the youngsters.You seem to expect them to burst onto the sceen and if they fail to do this in a short space of time you right them off.

That is not correct as I believe that we have a number of fine youngsters at the club like Elphick Cox Lynch Sullivan, I also thought that Rents would make it. El Abd is still young but some do not appear, to me to be ever going to make it and I believe that by the time a player reaches 21 they should be showing signs of making the grade. I admit that many mature late but when you consider that I know of at least 1 boy who isnt yet of school age who is being coached at Fulham and talking to scouts of premiership clubs who say that if a boy hasnt been spotted and signed by a premiership club before he is 12 or 13 he wont be in most cases.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Where is the critisicm?

Based on all of the ACTUAL evidence, of their performances on the pitch at first team level, Doug Loft is a far better footballer than Wes Fogden.

Just by way of example, I saw two away games at Cheltenham last season. In the first, Loft came on and changed the game dramatically. In the second Fogden replaced Robinson, and that substitution also changed the game dramatically.

One of them even changed it in OUR FAVOUR.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
To me Loft needs more football

When he plays more regularly he plays better but i don't think he will get the break in the first team this season unless we have a few injuries

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must admit to not going to the Cheltenham game, was it the cup tie in which Loft came on and have based my assessment on what I have actually seen, unlike many on here who follow the herd. In his favour I have seen him in a number of reserve games and he has done ok so perhaps that is his level.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Good old Jake - must have known about this thread as it appears last night he proved himself again... He is a fantastic squad player and dunno why he gets so much stick - actually i do know... Everyone had too high expectations of him cos of all the hype...

Keep proving the doubters wrong mate...

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
To me Loft needs more football

When he plays more regularly he plays better but i don't think he will get the break in the first team this season unless we have a few injuries

No he does not, he is simply not good enough.

Now when he plays for the stiffs (sadly staged in Worthing), he looks like he has some talent, but then he gets time on the ball as they games tend to be less competitive and physical.

However when he plays in the first team the game has a habit of passing him by, he does not seem to be able to cope with the physical side and the pace of the game means he gets bypassed.

So whilst he might have some ability, which is seen in training (ala David Lee) he does not have the mental side to make the step up, so he is not good enough and even a run in the side will not sort that.

I wonder if he had to finally hand the negatives in when he got a new contract.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good old Jake - must have known about this thread as it appears last night he proved himself again... He is a fantastic squad player and dunno why he gets so much stick - actually i do know...
Keep proving the doubters wrong mate...

Is it coincidental that he had a good spell out on loan to Aldershot and scored in the matches against non league sides in the cup but fails to do the same in the league.

My problem with him is to know what is his best position he is not a natural goalscorer to be up front and niether is he a natural winger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here