Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

robinson- will he actually play at all?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well, we've had a plethora of strikers over the years who can regularly bang them in against all the crocks, kids and trialists you get at reserve team level.

Quite right. We used to watch a kiddy called Muir in the ressies at the Goldstone. Scored stacks, but was never going to make it at first team level so got shipped out.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Hat-trick at H'field is what he's about.

I agree he's been too in-consistent and understand people's frustration - for me he can score goals given a good run in the team and for me he's done OK so far but needs to prove himself...

Sadly thought that one game accounts for a quarter of the goals in his league career. He will never get a good run in the team as he is too inconsistent, he had his chance the last couple of season and now we have better players he is less likely to get games.

I kinda hope this thread becomes the "Revell" thread of the last couple of seasons!

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You never know - we'd all love it if any Albion player proved us wrong when we criticise them wouldn't we!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Quite right. We used to watch a kiddy called Muir in the ressies at the Goldstone. Scored stacks, but was never going to make it at first team level so got shipped out.
So Ian Muir moved to Tranmere where he racked up a stack of appearances and was part of their rise up the league.

We missed a trick with Muir, IMO.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would love it, LOVE IT if Robinson stuffed my words back down my throat, punched me in the FACE, then went on to bang in 20 goals for us next season.

But I think I'm safe.
Four goals for Albion next season methinks. Mind you, he'll only start 8 times with another 12 sub appearances. Eastbourne will take him on-loan after Christmas where he will do an excellent job, prompting a CLAMOUR on NSC to bring him back in place of Murray who will nearing the end of a 5 game scoreless run.

and became Tranmere's most prolific scorer ever.

180 in 351 games to be precise

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
So now you think he's an asset from the bench?

So you've changed ur mind from 'He's not good enough' to 'He could be an asset from the bench' in about half an hr yeh?!!!

:lol:

No I haven't changed my opinion, the general topic in that particular post was about Robinson not being a natural goalscorer, which I completely agree with. I don't think he's good enough, but unfortunately he is here whether some of us like it or not. So, as a result I would prefer him to come off the bench if he has to play a part at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here