Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We’re gonna need longer half times I think

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Good grief bit of a car crash at the beginning. Thought his English was better than this. Seems really nervous.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
To be fair to him I'm sure he'll pick up the language fairly quickly as he's relatively young. Good luck Roberto.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
I'm hoping it'll be like Poch, he couldn't speak word and all of a sudden really came on leaps and bounds. He's not too far gone at early 40s to pick it up, some of our players doing very well with learning too!

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Good grief bit of a car crash at the beginning. Thought his English was better than this. Seems really nervous.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Harsh - he likely spoke a bit of english in Ukraine but if he hasn't practised English since he left months ago then it's obvious it'd be very rusty/slow.

He was clear, just very slow and struggled to get the words out, it'll be fine in a few months. Speaking a language you're not comfortable in is hard even infront of 1/2 people, doing it at a press conference infront of 20+ people but also cameras must be terrifying

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Get him a Duolingo subscription, he'll be fine...

But seriously, if he does also speak fluent Spanish, then he's demonstrated an ability to learn another language. I'm sure they'll have him in some serious English crash courses and get him up to speed quickly.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I thought his English would be worse to be honest, really positive he was happy to give it a go, no car crash for me, a confident young manager who is targeting January to be completely fluent - judging from where he is with it right now, I don't think it will take him that long if he's speaking it every day and has a lesson or two here and there. Funny how different people see different things.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Won't take him long to learn 'it is what it is' and 'over the moon'

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
I thought his English would be worse to be honest, really positive he was happy to give it a go, no car crash for me, a confident young manager who is targeting January to be completely fluent - judging from where he is with it right now, I don't think it will take him that long if he's speaking it every day and has a lesson or two here and there. Funny how different people see different things.

He also understood questions without them being interpreted. Shows he's quite advanced, just not as confident speaking yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
If it is some kind of core part of his football philosophy, then yes it is a little odd.

If its just something he thinks players in general should do more often... then why not.

It's probably more likely something football hipster picked up on and tried to grift a tactics book out in time for Christmas. Called something like 'Always believe in your sole. putting the Sass back into Sassuolo'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here