Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The downside of him learning English is that we won't get these superb automated subtitles of him speaking Italian :lolol:

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Yeah, duller than I was hoping. The only real interesting thing we got out of it was his level of English - agree with some posters that it was better than I thought it would be.

He can be dull as ditchwater as far as I’m concerned. If he can coach and maintain the team’s performances to date that’s okay by me.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Not one interesting word uttered so far...

88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa.jpg

:lolol: :lolol:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
He made his opening statement in English, and didnt need the translator to understand some of the questions which he then replied to in Italian. If you know a language that much now you'll be fine by Christmas, and enough for the training pitch much before.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
A lot is being made of this "fluent Spanish" thing, but as far as I can see that only really benefits 3 players - Pervis, Moises and Julio. All of our other 'Latino' players are fluent in English. :shrug:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Made all the right noises, gets my vote. His backroom staff will get the usual 'meet a,b & c' interview on seagulls website in due course no doubt.
We can all then say....who?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
genuinely what were people expecting? it's been a very long time since the press conferences held anything of interest, the club obviously like to make sure everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet at media appearances and them best way to do that is have a generic, base-level of information with the usual phrases about 'succession planning' and 'happy to work in the toughest league' and just leave it at that.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
genuinely what were people expecting? it's been a very long time since the press conferences held anything of interest, the club obviously like to make sure everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet at media appearances and them best way to do that is have a generic, base-level of information with the usual phrases about 'succession planning' and 'happy to work in the toughest league' and just leave it at that.

Dunno... "I like to eat fish and kill rabbits in my spare time" would have been enough for me

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I find press conferences, by their very nature, pretty dull affairs. Most of the time, the stuff that is said is 'politician's' speak, but journalists aren't going to ask really intricate questions, because if they get a good answer (story) out of the interviewee, so does every other fecker in the room.

The session with the print media – which started just as the stream cut out – will be slightly more informative, I guess, but nothing earth-shattering at this stage.

But, to be honest, as others have said, who cares what he says or how he says it, if he continues the good start this season and PROPELS us into Europe? :albion2:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
He has a nice face. And I think he'll have plenty of interesting things to say once he's able to say them in his own words.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here