Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Fowler Coming

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Robbie Fowler Coming

BensGrandad said:
It is not a question of having a rich chairman which everybody knows we do not have but a question of ambition.

We need to stay in this division and as such it is the boards DUTY to provide the essential materials needed i.e better players, how they do it is their problem not ours or MMs. He must be given the tools to carry out his trade if he is expected to do his job properly.

This was my original post about giving MM the tools with which to ply his trade. No mention of a consortium but then ................

dave the gaffer I take it that person would have been one of your mates in the consortium then was it Brian?

You really have it in for DK dont you?

Anyway, now we have Falmer, your mates can come out of the woodwork and buy DK out of the club can't they then we can see if you are not just all talk cant we ..........

You can now see that it wasn't me that brought the subject up again.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As an aside, why shouldn't we look at a non-league player in the meantime? Sometimes it's worth taking a chance.

Reading picked up Kevin Doyle from a crap Irish side- which is probably almost equivalent to the Conference level anyway, and he seems to be playing regularly and scoring goals.

No harm in looking at the guy.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
edna krabappel said:
As an aside, why shouldn't we look at a non-league player in the meantime? Sometimes it's worth taking a chance.

Reading picked up Kevin Doyle from a crap Irish side- which is probably almost equivalent to the Conference level anyway, and he seems to be playing regularly and scoring goals.

No harm in looking at the guy.

shut it copper...what do you know anyway?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
shut it copper...what do you know anyway?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

:salute: ;) Merry Christmas to you too Dave :lolol:

Women, know your limits. I shall go back to my ironing immediately :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
edna krabappel said:
:salute: ;) Merry Christmas to you too Dave :lolol:

Women, know your limits. I shall go back to my ironing immediately :lolol:

...and talking about little kittens and fluffy bunnies...

Merry Christmas you lovelly creature:love: :love: :love:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was told by a Reading fan that Doyle was spotted by MM and was going to sign for us but Reading hijacked him.

No harm in looking at a non league player but do not pin your hopes entirely on him as the snips like BZ dont come up very often.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
...and talking about little kittens and fluffy bunnies...

Merry Christmas you lovelly creature:love: :love: :love:

Women: Know Your Limits
'The Good Wives Guide' (1950s)

1.Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready, on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospect of a good meal (especially his favourite dish) is part of the warm welcome needed.
2. Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people.
3. Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.
4. Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives. Gather up schoolbooks, toys, paper,etc. and then run a dustcloth over the tables.
5. Over the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too. After all, catering for his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.
6. Minimise all noise. At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet. Be happy to see him.
7. Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him.
8. Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first - remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.
9. Make the evening his. Never complain if he comes home late or goes out to dinner, or other places of entertainment without you. Instead try to understand his world of strain and pressure, and his very real need to be at home and relax.
10. Your goal. Try to make sure your home is a place of peace, order and tranquillity where your husband can renew himself in body and spirit.
11. Don't greet him with complaints and problems
12. Don't complain if he's late home for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through that day.
13. Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or have him lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him. Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low soothing and pleasant voice.
14. Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgement or integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him. A good wife always KNOWS HER PLACE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here