Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Fowler Coming

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
The Laughing Bluebird said:
I understand the chances are very good.

The minimum anybody can buy him for is £1.5 million, and that's only if he agrees to a move (he still has 3 years left on his contract at West Brom). Apparently, both he and his missus are very happy in Cardiff and he's not interested in a move to another Championship club.

West Brom won't sell him to any of their relegation rivals, none of the top clubs are likely to be interested, so that only leaves a small number of mid-ranking Premiership clubs who are possibles for a move.

The player said last week he doesn't want to go anywhere. Sam Hammam is a good friend of West Brom's chairman, and Hammam's confident that Koumas will be here until the end of the season at least, so fingers crossed.

hes a good player and he,s turned a bottom 6 side into a top 6 side?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I see Ricketts going back to Leeds and then straight out to another Championship side on loan.

Despite the mans delusions that he should be playing in the premiership we're fairly confident he will be sold and we've seen the last of him in a Leeds shirt.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: Re: Robbie Fowler Coming

Rowdey said:
Nicely presented as fact BG, and helped along by a sideswipe at the Eastleigh trialist..

What are you talking about I did say that it was in a tabloid which means that it becomes a debatable subject not that it was fact.

The 'side swipe' as you wish to call it was not at the Eastleigh trialist it was as a comparison between the two clubs ambitions.

Millwall alledgedly trying to sign a proven goal scorer to keep them up we are looking at a totally unknown, unproven, player who is too old to join a league club unless he is going to go straight into the team as they do not have the time to bring him on.

That is basic fact not like the paper story which everybody knows is only speculation.

E

enigma

Re: Re: Re: Robbie Fowler Coming

BensGrandad said:

The 'side swipe' as you wish to call it was not at the Eastleigh trialist it was as a comparison between the two clubs ambitions.

Perhaps helped by the fact that they have an extremely rich owner, and we dont. Or did this escape you?

:shootself

Bigtk

Nov 20, 2005
lol i was going to come on the board and say that we should sign him (before i knew bout this).

anyway he wont wanna come

:(

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Starry said:
Despite the mans delusions that he should be playing in the premiership we're fairly confident he will be sold and we've seen the last of him in a Leeds shirt.

I understand he's on £20k a week at the moment, and we're paying a fraction of that under the terms of the loan deal. Word is that there are two or three other Championship clubs who are willing to pay a bigger fraction than we are, so he'll be on his way to one of them in January.

I've got to say though, whilst he hasn't exactly set the place on fire, he's done a pretty good job for us. And he's a clever player.

E

enigma

I understand he's on £20k a week at the moment, and we're paying a fraction of that under the terms of the loan deal. Word is that there are two or three other Championship clubs who are willing to pay a bigger fraction than we are, so he'll be on his way to one of them in January.

I've got to say though, whilst he hasn't exactly set the place on fire, he's done a pretty good job for us. And he's a clever player.

20k a week? I doubt it. Surely Leeds couldnt have afforded that.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004

He's never going to get in any team infront of Healy, Hulse, Cresswell or Blake though. And he's made clear he wants to be playing football. We have enough backup but if we didn't I'd keep him to throw on in the last ten minutes to chase a game.

Rumours our end are that he is going to take a minimal pay off from us and be on his way.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
enigma said:
20k a week? I doubt it. Surely Leeds couldnt have afforded that.

Boro are paying a portion of those wages as well, it was part of the Viduka deal. He was on £30k at Boro.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: Re: Re: Re: Robbie Fowler Coming

enigma said:
Perhaps helped by the fact that they have an extremely rich owner, and we dont. Or did this escape you?

This is the whole [point of the comparison between us and our ambitions to try to avoid relegation and that of Millwall

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Robbie Fowler Coming

BensGrandad said:
This is the whole [point of the comparison between us and our ambitions to try to avoid relegation and that of Millwall

Thanks for making that point for the 50 billionth time.

We get the message by the way that we don't have rich owners but I look forward to your 50,000,000,001st post on the subject :rolleyes:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

BensGrandad said:

That not really how you portrayed it in the initial title and subtitle of the thread though is it?
You lured us in with a 'Robbie Fowler Coming'
(which of course we all know wasn't actually to us..)
And followed with the bare subtitle of 'to join Millwall.'

Without adding your own question marks after these Star quotes, they read as a statement of fact which you actually believe to be true (you don't state that you don't believe them..) and certainly don't turn them into a questionable <to the floor..> comparison for debate of ambitions..

I think then to back up, and highlight this you deride the club for offering a no strings attached trial to a localish lad who's performing well, and has been reccomended by an experienced premiership pro..
We might get him, we might not..either way it's got more reality than the fowler move surely ?
IMO, Millwall might think they have now have big ambitions, but bidding for Fowler and Keane goes against his and Paphitis' stated mission which was to financially stabilise MFC.

To me and others, it shows that MFC are in just as much turmoil as they were before, they've just swapped one fool for another at the top..

Which nicely brings us to whether there's any substance in Fowler going to Millwall or not anyway..
IMO of course not, PdS is making waves in a sea that he has absolutley no idea how to swim in..

Thank christ we have one (chairman) who thinks differently..

The Star on Sunday says that Millwalls new Chairman Peter De Savry wants to bring Robbie Fowler to Millwall in January and their manager said they are looking to sign 5 players of which two are premiership strikers.

How will we compete.................sign a 26 year old from Eastleigh

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
brighton rock said:
Fowler IS ON 80K A WEEK might be a little too much for millskum:lolol:

Fowler is on about 40k a week and at time Leeds were paying part of his wages .. not sure if they still are but he is not on 80k a week

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Robbie Fowler Coming

London Irish said:

We get the message by the way that we don't have rich owners but I look forward to your 50,000,000,001st post on the subject :rolleyes:

Let's face it, if we had a rich owner BG would still drip like a tap. If he isn't whinging he ain't happy.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

BensGrandad said:

So if a story appeared in a crap tabloid about Brighton trying to Lure Ronaldinho away from Barcelona by offering him free use of Dick Knights dentist you would take it as a sign of our ambition?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Why exactly would Millwall want him.

1. All their wage bill going on one player
2. The above causing massive resentment in the club
3. The lardy has been does diddly shite as he spends the rest of the season in the treatment room complaining about various back related problems.

The guy has never recovered properly from the knee injury in the 1998 Merseyside derby, combined with the emergence of Michael Owen which meant he was no longer the "main man". Has been washed up for years, but like Gazza, so many people in the media just wanted to believe the old player was still in their someone.

I honestly WOULD NOT want him here, Millwall can have him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Robbie Fowler Coming

London Irish said:

It is not a question of having a rich chairman which everybody knows we do not have but a question of ambition.

We need to stay in this division and as such it is the boards DUTY to provide the essential materials needed i.e better players, how they do it is their problem not ours or MMs. He must be given the tools to carry out his trade if he is expected to do his job properly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here