Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Riots tonight...

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
this thread is pretty twisted - ppl calling for rioters to be shot and also grown men now scared to goto london.....unreal.

a mix of mass no fear attack and kill + i am in fear and feel helpless.

best to be somewhere in the middle of these crazy extremes; there is no problem with going to london tonight, they are after the businesses, "mass effect," and easy pickings etc.....not anyone on a train or tube minding their own business. do not let it affect 'your' life or you lose something within you.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Guy that died in croydon was apparently a looter, suddenly i have no sympathy for him, tough luck mate u shouldnt have been such a prick in your life. Hopefully the police will crack some heads tonight.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I reckon the old bill will start laying into them big time tonight, 3 nights of the piss being taken out of them.

Hope the Media don't lay into them.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My Gray and Nicholls 3lb 2 ouncer would be my weapon of choice and it wouldn`t be with a backward defensive dead bat, I can tell you matey boy.

Its sad that people assume that a sporting weapon would suffice in dealing with the thugs and thugettes. I'm sure The Royal & Anchient would have to put the use of 9 irons to the rules commitee before this could happen. Gray-Nicholls bats, whatever size or handle length would be innapropriate in Questions hand's anyway.. he bats 8 at least !

I say, run them through with a garden fork.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Interesting thought today, lots of people (including myself), clamouring for the army to re-take the streets. Yet there's currently an absolute outcry about the army going in in Syria and other trouble torn countries.

Just saying.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just showed on Sky, 60-70 blokes around 30-40 years old protecting their area... I knew it would happen.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just showed on Sky, 60-70 blokes around 30-40 years old protecting their area... I knew it would happen.

Yes - I was just thinking earlier. If you were stupid enough to go a rioting in London tonight, there would be a strong possibility of someone else having a serious pop at you.

Appears very quiet out there tonight.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Getting dark now mate... we'll find out soon, but there will be people 'defending' their communities all over London tonight.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
West Brom scenes being shown on Sky News are only yards away from my girlfriend's work. Good that the Police shut them down at 1pm.

albertbilbert

Jul 15, 2009
Horsham
So where is it happening tonight then? Seems to be mainly in Manchester and Birmingham?

Is the extra police presence working? I guess its probably too early to say, but it was kicking off much earlier than this and more widespread yesterday.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
West Brom scenes being shown on Sky News are only yards away from my girlfriend's work. Good that the Police shut them down at 1pm.

Manchester, West Bromwich and Wolverhampton, but all seem pretty well contained.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
sky news showing hundreds of shik men guarding there temple in southall

Not alone - People from all races and communities, defending their borough - together. Enfield is busy with 'white shirts' EVERYWHERE and 7 riot vans just passed my house. Think it might kick off on the Southbury Road.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
what if the Amex was under threat would you turn up to protect it or leave it to the police?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Some Wolves photos here. Sirens been going all evening, Police helicopter made several visits and hovered above my house for ages. I also watched some police stop, search, and release a couple of hoodies across the road from our house. Seems quiet now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here